Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting bored with it.....

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

Getting bored with it.....

Hey y'all!

As y'all know, of course I love CD'ing but I'm kinda getting bored with it..... Well, it's not boring to crossdress, what I mean is, I'm getting bored with what I always do. All I do when I go out dressed is, I go out to eat, then maybe to a mall, Target, Dirt Cheap or Walmart and it's just getting a little redundant. Even before I started CD'ing to the extent that I do now, I never really got out much and now with Covid still running rampant, no one can really do a heck of a whole lot. I never did go clubbing, (I never will), I would go to a karaoke bar from time to time, but I never did that while dressed. LOL

Idk what I'm really saying here, maybe I'm looking for advice on more fun things to do while dressed? I always enjoy my time out dressed as Kimberly, but it's just getting boring. LOL Anyway, just thought I would post this, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 10-21-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

It sounds like you are in a rut. Maybe try some more outdoorsy. I know the fall is here so maybe just a nice hike or something like that.

Banned Read only
    Why do you need "something to do" every time you dress? If it's just wanting to be seen, how about going to a different restaurant or store.

I miss going out drinking and dancing too. But there's really not much else to do at the moment.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What do u do in male persona when bored? Now, do that dressed!

I tell my daughters when they claim to be bored that's because they r boring!

I'm 77 and, except for my time in the Army, I have yet to be bored!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I can kind of sympathize. I've gotten a little bored with going out by myself...not that I've even been able to do that lately....but a few times in the past I've had the chance to go out with my sister to a restaurant or to a museum & it's way more fun to have a companion.

When I have the house to myself, (and I'm not experimenting with outfits I do laundry or watch a film on TV. I'm watching "The Invisible Man" right now.

How about going bowling, play mini-golf, see a movie in a theater, see a performance of a live play or concert (when those become available again), go to a renaissance festival or fair, go to an amusement park (like Six Flags) and ride the rides, visit a zoo or aquarium, visit a museum, take a ride on a streetcar (they have them in Little Rock, Memphis, and New Orleans), take a horse drawn buggy ride, go see a professional sports game (when those become available again), have a picnic in a park, or just do any other ordinary thing that any woman would do. I've done all the things I mentioned en femme and it does make life more interesting.
    Phoebe

Is there a support group in your area or places you travel. Going to them will help. I like to do movies when dressed, going to bars that cater to us, usually gay or bars with a drag show is always fun. then just do your regular stuff, hiking, laundry (boring), visit museums or work on your car or just find another hobby. I agree with you about getting bored with CDing after a while. I even found that when I went to CD conventions. I would spend the first couple of days dressed and then try some man time at the convention. That was interesting meeting the same people I met the day before but in man mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Platinum Member
    Wearing women's clothing is not the cure all for a boring life. Actually, cross dressing may enhance a boring life because you may be hesitant to go someplace where cross dressing is not appreciated. I have hobbies, but I see no value in going en femme to those venues. Before my wife retired I was the domestic in our home; baking, cooking, laundry, ironing, vacuuming, etc which was done en femme. En drab or en femme none of it is exciting.

The only recommendation I would have has already been suggested; a support group.

Banned Read only
    Kimberly,
    The more you dress the more you become comfortable with it , at some point you do pose the question , " Where do I go from here ?" This is the point when you really have to think about your needs and why you dress , is it no more than a hobby or do I have a dysphoria problem that dressing gives me a balance ?

I know I have GD so reverting to male mode becomes less and less of a comfortable option , I will admit when I made the decision to go full time there were some days when I had to push myself , sustaining the transformation can be hard some days knowing I will have to shave most of my body before I can start to apply makeup and dress for the day . I'm over that it's so routine now it feels wrong not to , being in male mode raises my dysphoria , I feel out of place and awkward .

I don't have to think now I'm dressed where do I go , what do I do ? Because I still have to do all the jobs I would do in male mode , walk the dog tend my garden all the domestic chores , and the great thing is when I slip my apron off and brush my hair I can lay out in the garden or go off to do some shopping , or go to my painting group when lockdown finally comes to an end .

The bottom line is try not to see dressing as an obstacle , it can become part of everyday life , that's the part I'm really enjoying now because I don't have to think about it or stress over being caught .

Reality Check
    Unless you're living as a woman, you are not required to dress as one. If you are bored, do something else.
    Krisi

What did you do before you started dressing to end boredom? As a male, what would you do? Just do it dressed! You have this, girl! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It’s not like there’s a “Crossdresserland” amusement park or something. If you don’t want to go clubbing or anything, there’s not a whole lot for a crossdresser “to do” other than live your life.

I often mention my restrictive circumstances and admit to feeling a bit of jealousy reading how others dance the night away. On the other hand, the idea of spending two hours to transform to en femme just to run to the hardware store and and bank drive thru do not appeal to me. I?d rather save the time, makeup and wear and tear on clothes and run those errands underdressed.

I am a very practical and logical person so don?t anyone be offended by my confusion. I understand the desire to be oneself and validate my existence but I just can?t get past the idea that dressing to the nines would be reserved for somewhere more exciting than Wally World.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    It’s not like there’s a “Crossdresserland” amusement park or something. If you don’t want to go clubbing or anything, there’s not a whole lot for a crossdresser “to do” other than live your life.
    That would be fun. I do not know how handy you are Kimberly but building a CD amusement park could get you out of your rut and make you rich.

My hubby started volunteering because he was also bored with just walking around, shopping, eating etc. He volunteered at an art museum, a heart association, and a cancer fund raising event. All of those are now shut down temporarily but when things start up again, he will find things to volunteer at.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Crossdressing is just a part of life's rich buffet. Sometimes you get a bit bored of one particular item on the menu. But ultimately it is something you enjoy, so you come back to it, perhaps from a slightly different angle.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    My hubby started volunteering because he was also bored with just walking around, ....
    I volunteer as well because I get more out of interacting with others in my femme persona. The pandemic certainly has limited my options, but I still find opportunities.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

How about a going for a nice mani-pedi? They treat you like a lady!

Kimberley,

I know what you mean. Ever though my opportunities to get out are small it can be a case of shopping for shopping's case on occasions. One way I found to add to the experience was I started traveling more by public transport. This brought me into contact with the general public more. Traveling by train, standing waiting on the platform there was a couple with suitcases and knowing the train when to Manchester airport I asked, "Going off on your holidays?" "Anywhere nice?". As it turned out they were Dutch and had been visiting their daughter who was at uni. On a bus journey I got chatting to a woman about Christmas shopping and her upcoming trip to Canada over the holidays. Having just paid for petrol as I was leaving the shop the woman following me out tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Pardon me, were you on the train yesterday afternoon?" and we had the "Small world" conversation.

More mundane, go to the cinema or visit a tourist attraction. Do things you'd do in drab but do them as the femme you not the CD'ing you.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Star,
    I usually get out of bed at about 7.50am , I then shave my face , arms chest and legs , shower and then apply my makeup and finally dress . I then have my breakfast of porridge and toast and I'm usually out walking the dog by 9.15 am . If I pop into town I usually apply a powder and blusher , often I've been out the supermarket and back by 10.45 am . As you can see I don't waste very much time because I may push the hoover round before I stop for coffee and a sit down in the garden if it's warm enough .

Sorry I missed out my visit to Wally World !! Dressing to the nines isn't necessary for everyday .

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    My hubby started volunteering because he was also bored with just walking around, shopping, eating etc. He volunteered at an art museum, a heart association, and a cancer fund raising event. All of those are now shut down temporarily but when things start up again, he will find things to volunteer at.
    Your hubby is a bright person! I built an extensive network of volunteering opportunities, from community theaters, art museums and high end charity events. But, as it has done with everything, COVID killed all of that. Kimberly, now is not a great time to ask that question, once life gets back to normal, I cannot recommend volunteering enough. You get to dress, be seen, meet others and be completely accepted.
    Last edited by Kandi Robbins; 10-24-2020 at 05:12 PM.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I would find times of boredom like you.
    I've done the shopping and dining and such Now what? Then I realized that for me I was trying to find things to do instead of just doing things.
    What I mean is now with Covid and being nearly full time I find I'm no longer bored and looking for things to do dressed as I'm dressed nearly all the time and just doing Things. I'm just living life now and not trying to be energized by Something. Life is my energy.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I love the idea of volunteering! I think I would really enjoy being an assistant librarian. Or possibly even work at a salvation-army type of clothing store, in which I get first dibs at all the new (used) clothes that are donated!
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

How about going to a cafe as a regular thing and get to know some of the regular customers, I have been going to the same brasserie every Saturday since 2004! I got to know a good few of them and then when I was confident enough and content within my self I surprised them all by turning up dressed!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman