Thread: Sometimes you just gotta get out...

Sometimes you just gotta get out...

So I just had to get out of the house yesterday. I decided that I'd be daring and go to brunch as I used to do in the olden days 2019(pre covid)because it's best to not go grocery shopping while hungry and I was dying for a Rueben on rye. As I sat outside at a small umbrella table a nicely dressed gentleman asked if he could join me because it's a shame a lovely lady should dine alone(somewhat of a corny line I know)so I asked if first I could take his temperature, holding a spoon up as a makeshift thermometer, the ice was broken. It was a very nice time with adult conversation for this full time female expressionist then it was off to go food shopping. While there a woman who works for the store stopped and said "you look pretty today"and "I love your shoes" to which I thanked her and with a smile but she could not see it with this damn mask on. It felt good to get a compliment and added to my now wonderfully happy day. It gives me hope that I'll survive this covid crap even despite the politicians. See me in the photo gallery.
    Last edited by Allisa; 10-21-2020 at 10:07 PM.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem
    Wow, what an exciting day. Complements always make one feel good.

Barbara

Sounds like cloud 9.

Wow I think you had what any women would say a perfect day, first meeting a nice gentlemen and then more important a compliment how lovely you look. (and your shoes) I always think you look nice.

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    It's not easy at the moment but life must go on . I had to get my male hair cut and have my annual flu jab my GPs surgery , as I entered the receptionist walked over to me with a pistol shaped thermometer and pointed it at my forehead , I said that I know I've come for my flu jab but didn't expect to get shot at as well , she just laughed and returned to her reception desk . I've been looking for shirts/blouses in the charity shops to work in and found one along with a very nice dinner setting with dinner plates , side plates , dessert bowls and tea cups with saucers all for ?9.99 ( about $12.00? ) . So I had some fun with the SA while I loaded all the items into my carrier bag .

I'm still aware we need to take care as I was reading an article while waiting in the hairdressers about a TV and radio presenter whose husband had been in an induced coma since March through the coronavirus , most of his organs in his body have been attacked .

I like your outfit in the picture section , I can see you think out your presentation very well and why the gentleman would be happy in your company .

A day like you had gives us hope that there can still be wonderful days to be had.
    Crissy