There have been a number of comments recently that have a lot of meaning for me, and are throwaway for others.

First instance, discussing breastfeeding and my wife saying about how much easier it would be if I had breasts. She knows about my dressing, but it's been discussed since our one and only conversation after she found my clothes. The comment was completely without CD'ing thought.

My parents then followed up by discussing how my sister used to love a particular doll growing up, and that she used to put the dolls dress on the cat, and she used to dress me up in it as well.

As these things come in threes, it's also been mentioned recently that I was going to be called Charlotte had I been born a girl. Now, my parents have never (to my knowledge) seen me dressed, but found my sisters clothing in my room enough to know, and directly asked me growing up if I wore them or wanted to be a girl, so they must know the awkwardness that this can cause.

I always want the ground to swallow me up when stories like this are told - am I alone in this?