Thread: Doing the ordinary things as a transwoman

Doing the ordinary things as a transwoman

I am loving be a transwoman! Out and accepted at work! I took the car for its 10000 mile check up! They never lost a beat and greeted me as they had greeted Harry! Today, I went for an eye appointment! I have a minor cataract but only bears watching at this point! Ordered new glasses-feminine glasses! They led me right to the "women's frames"! The two ladies working there were just so nice helping me decide! I chose 4, then eliminated 2, and decided against the round "John Lennon" style in favor of the more feminine style! Pics will be forthcoming!
    Just living life as me!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Lana Mae,

I am so happy for you!

Great anecdotes Lana Mae.
    Thanks for sharing.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Thank you, Rachel! This is a good day! There are days of depression but I try to just breeze thru them! Mostly I have good days!
    Thank you, Devi! I just felt I had to write something for the ladies that are close to where I am at and let them know it isn't always depressing!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    It's always good to hear how normal the RW can become once you've accepted your identity .

I realised sometime ago that you may only get a reaction if you go looking for one , most of my double takes have been from people I knew in male mode , they recognise the voice but what they see doesn't match up . I call it the " Goldfish Syndrome " their mouths open and close but no sound comes out . The great thing is after almost three years I haven't had a single bad reaction , even from a recent meeting with my son .

I do agree even in the current situation there are uplifting moments to be had .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-23-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Yes, Teresa, you must accept who you are and be confident enough to just be you! No problems anywhere!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Lana that's all we can ask for is to be treated as who we are both inside and out. Hoping all is going well with you.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Lana Mae,

I've had a couple of those days recently where the magnitude and irreversible nature of the changes I've made begins to weigh heavily on me. As I start to feel that pressing in on me the best thing to do seems to be get my makeup on, pick out something to wear and smile in the mirror as I head out the door to do something routine and even boring. So far it seems to help in each case.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Platinum Member
    There is definitely a therapeutic value to getting out into the real world. I still am somewhat surprised by how positive the reception usually is from everyday people.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Allisa, all is well so far! Hope all is well with you also!
    Sarah, may going out that door always work for you!
    Kim, it always amazes me that I have so little problem being out here in NC!
    Thanks ladies for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Aspiring Member
    Sounds really positive Lana Mae, I’m also happy for you!!!!

Even though intellectually we know this, it never ceases to amaze me the feeling of self, one gets when they’ve accepted their own identity and embrace their transition. You go from being somebody’s somebody, to just being somebody. Letting the world see you (“ME”) is that sense that you are connected directly to the outside world. Having the rest of the world acknowledge your existence always helps too :-)
    I am happy for you too!
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

So happy for you. While I recently accepted my myself as transgender transition, for many reasons, is not an option. Nonetheless when I go out dress and am accepted it does give me a sense of fulfillment that I am recognized for who I am.

I’m so happy for you, Lana! You seem to be feeling so good, and you absolutely deserve it! I’m getting ready to start my transition, and I can absolutely relate with the feelings of just doing the little things in life, being your true self, and how wonderful that is. Congrats!

Nikki: It is oh so positive! Thanks!
    Chrissi: Yes, like I say, "Just do you!" Thanks!
    Angela: I am pre-op and will probably remain so for quite a while! I am on HRT now for over two years! Be you! Thanks!
    Foxy: Sorry forgot the new name-Something with Jade wasn't it? Best wishes on your journey! Thanks !
    Thanks ladies for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Last edited by Lana Mae; 12-05-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    Life is worth living!