Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you get out of it?

Aspiring Member
    What do I get out of it??
    Simply, it makes me happy.
    For those who need a more technical answer... My brain is hardwired to release feel-good neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, etc.) when I feminize myself. The neurological response is automatic and involuntary. The sensations that accompany the neurotransmitters include; gratification, sense of accomplishment, reduces stress, anticipation of pleasure, and fulfillment. I have no illusions, and I know it looks weird, so there are also some sensations of vulnerability and fear of rejection.

I am 24/7 transwoman but crossdressing keeps the dysphoria away! Crossdressing helped me determine that I am a transwoman! YMMV, but that is what it did for me! We are not all the same and you must determine your own "Why?" or "What?"! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Satisfaction?

I haven't figured out the why, but when I was young I wanted to try on a dress. I was jealous of the boys who got to dress as girls on Halloween (I still am).

I enjoy the look and feel of women's clothes and shoes. I love trying on clothes and seeing how I look in them. I can try on something formal and transport myself mentally to attending a Christmas party in the beautiful dress I'm trying on. I like to see my image in a mirror. I like that I've made women friends who like to see me dressed.

I compete in shorter triathlons and running races up to half-marathons. The races are never "fun" because I am pushing myself to my physical limits. But I get an immense amount of satisfaction once I am done, especially if I've achieved a good time. It's the payoff for all the hard work I do to get to the finish line.

Getting dressed--and anticipating the next time I get to dress--gives me the same sort of satisfaction. It's just part of whom I am.

I get a feeling of rightness, fulfillment, excitement, calmness, lots of sexuality, and the comfort of seeing that pretty face in the mirror smiling at me.

But that also comes with:
    ambivalence
    fear
    unhappiness
    rejection
    guilt
    shame
    remorse
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

Banned Read only
    As I am genderfluid, it gives me a way to express and embrace my femininity. It feels empowering, comforting, and delicious.

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle , It is having the best of both worlds, >Orchid **OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    As we see here, different people believe they get different things out of dressing as a woman.

I can't say what I get out of it, I just like doing it.
    Krisi

I get both fulfillment and enjoyment from it. I prefer female clothing because the fabrics are softer and feel nice.

What do I get out of it? - on a biochemical level, it leads to the release of dopamine/endorphins (as Confucious said above). It is kind of a rush, like riding a motorbike or skydiving. It is just not a socially acceptable rush.

Visitor - You can enjoy a wide range of interests and activities, all of which you can tell your friends and family about without fear they will judge you. Crossdressing will never be one of those interests

That is so true. You can go to work on Monday and answer what you did at the weekend with things like 'I watched the football game' or 'I went mountain biking' etc. But it's not really acceptable to say 'I spent a day crossdressing, and then went out for a drive while dressed.' This would not be met with acceptance.

Brandi.. You said it for me too.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Elizabeth, So true. I just has to be kept secret, from work or business . Very few friends will accept it or keep it secret.

I was a crossdresser but now a trasgender woman and remember to ask myself the same question.

To find the answer took a long and complicated journey and for me the answer is about identity.

We do so many things trying to answer the need of an identity. You pick one thing but people has created clubs on all kind of things why? Because they find enjoyment finding people that think like them. But this still not answering the question why we, male cis, enjoy dressing as women, it's and inexplicable act to fulfill a need of inner expression. Now, again, expression of what?

It's a know fact today that the old concept of XX and XY is no longer valid. Please do your own research. The most important neednkf the human being is to have an identity. The question of who we are, where we came from and where are we going is older than ourselves and in the dimension is that some men, some more than others, need to express an inner femenine identity.

I
    Unfortunately, gender identity is always confused with sexual identity as the same but, again, that's now and old concept that many are not ready to understand because is rooted in our brains that we learned together we learned to walk. It's hard to find someone can tell you what's the first thing we do to walk. It's funny that people give ridiculous answer as move one foot in front and then the other one, if you strictly follow the instructions as always that doesn't know hot to walk you will fall on your back becsuse the first thing we need to do to walk is balance our weight in front and then the feet will follow.
    The same, nobody knows how to understand the difference between gender and sex. They are notbthe same and the price is the billions of gay and bisexual people in the world.

We do dress as woman because our inner woman needs to express and unfortunately many findater in life that they would be a woman but the social norms had called it wrong and pervert so who wants yo be a weirdo or pervert, then we find this web an others that so many came looking for the answer to.your question and see that are not alone so decide to keep the life without answering it.

I'm a transgender woman because that's the way I am, why? Just because and I'm happy.

Mho

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

As a transgender woman, perhaps I shouldn't respond, but. I've never let propriety stand in the way of me shooting my mouth off... LOL

As a guy, I tried to avoid looking at my face in the mirror. When shaving, I concentrated on the area I was working on, and avoided looking at the 'total picture'. Even now, I refuse to look at 'him' in the mirror. Due to genetics, I am bald, so, until I'm shaved, made up and have my wig in place and properly brushed out, I WON'T look at the total picture. But once I am satisfied, I smile, because the real, true me is there.

What do I "get out of it?"... a sense of completeness, fulfilment, of accomplishment That I am who I believe I am.

A woman.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Simply put, i have always much preferred a female role and feeling feminine ..... even as a pre teen.
    Speaking to a few females over the years about this I discovered that that i enjoy the same sensation wearing feminine clothes and lingerie as they do.

After 35 years of marriage I miss her dressing fem, she stopped wearing dresses and lace 20 years ago.
    And that's one thing I can get out of dressing!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Being dressed has always just felt right. It gives me contentment. Whether sat here watching F1 on the TV or dancing around the lounge when Stricly CD is on, being dressed just makes life feel more right.

I'm size 2 so I can buy a ton of clothes off the discount racks that fit just fine without alteration.

With men's XS long sleeve shirts the sleeves are too long. And if I exercise my 25" waistline is way too thin for anything in the men's department.

I find stress relief in "retail therapy."

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 11-14-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Newbie here - I dress due to the compulsion I have. I always feel happier when I dress.

It's not a sexual thing, just something I have an overwhelming need to do. My situation of late has meant that I can't due to family circumstances, and I get anxious that I can't.

This situation changes in 4 weeks, and I am so relieved that I can go back to dressing whenever I want.

My thing is bras - I adore them, the designs, the feeling of wearing, the comfort it gives me.

My mental health is better when I can dress, it's like a release and all my other troubles fade away.

Banned Read only
    Jodie,
    I have to agree with you the mirror in male mode is painful but necessary but it's more my friend in femme mode I just wish sometimes it would lie a little more .

What do I get out of it ? The bottom line is it just feels right .

Hello Michelle,
    When I cross dress I get FREEDOM
    luv J

Quote Originally Posted by JennyUK View Post
    Newbie here - I dress due to the compulsion I have. I always feel happier when I dress.

It's not a sexual thing, just something I have an overwhelming need to do. My situation of late has meant that I can't due to family circumstances, and I get anxious that I can't.

This situation changes in 4 weeks, and I am so relieved that I can go back to dressing whenever I want.

My thing is bras - I adore them, the designs, the feeling of wearing, the comfort it gives me.

My mental health is better when I can dress, it's like a release and all my other troubles fade away.
    my thing is also bras love wearing a pretty bra the feeling of wearing one. I am at peace when wearing one

Physically I find nothing more comfortable to wear than a skirt or simple dress. But there is some draw for the feminine in the first place that got me into wearing dresses and skirts in the first place and that is a little harder to pinpoint. But there is some part of me that loves looking down or in a mirror and seeing a skirt or dress. It is the big draw for my clothes part of the CDing.

I love having choice. Back when I was a t-shirt and cargo shorts kind of person, I had very few clothes because I didn't care about the boring clothes. Now that I dress in a mix of feminine and masculine clothes every day, I love being able to wear such a variety.

In a word SATISFACTION. That is something that the Beatles never got.

I get to be myself

Indulgence. The things I generally choose are more comfortable than men's clothes, are sexier than men's clothes and suit my internal need for a sense of indulgence that nothing from the men's side of the aisle provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    In a word SATISFACTION. That is something that the Beatles never got.
    Wrong band, Amy
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)