Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not in male mode !

Dogs have a special place in our hearts. So sorry for your loss.

I am sorry Teresa.
    I lost my 15 yr old Siamese last month so I very much understand , they are family .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

So sorry to hear of your loss of your close companion.

Oh Teresa, i am so sorry to read that your friend has crossed the rainbow bridge and have tears in my eyes as I type this, though I have yet to do my make-up. Very raw for us as we lost a pet cat last week who was struck by a car. He was found alive by our lovely neighbours who rushed him to the vet. Sadly the damage was huge and we could not save him - my wife rushed to be with him and he crossed over whilst snuggling his head in her hand. We are still coming to terms with it but are so glad that one of us could get to be with him and that he wasn’t alone, he knew that he was loved. Your dog knew the same and was happy that you were there with them. It’s scant comfort now but take strength from the happy memories and know that they wait for us to join them when our journey is complete.

Apologies for the typos but the tears are streaming down my face. Stay strong.
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

So sad to hear of your loss, Terasa.

The passing of a one you have loved for the past twelve years must be hard to bear at the moment, but she remember she loved you unconditionally without and judgement as it appears you loved her.
    Sasha

So sorry to hear about your dog Teresa
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Teresa, I just saw this and am very sad. Our dogs mean so much to all of us and I know your pup will always be in your thoughts.
    I remember that picture of you with her, she was a beautiful friend.
    Crissy

Teresa,
    As a long time dog "companion"(can't say dog owner-not sure who owns who !)i feel for your loss. I am professionally "hard"but i was in tears signing the paper to have our last dog put down.......
    Liz

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know you'll miss her terribly.

Sorry to hear that. Some people are animal magnets and attract all types of pets. I have never attracted a pet. My late wife did. She said that two of or cats were mine but I think they just tolerated me like I was just one of my wife's pets. I hope you are ok.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Sorry for your loss Teresa

It is sad to lose a loving and faithful companion. Have been through it myself several times and it is never easy. You have my deepest sympathy.

I'm sad to hear this, Teresa. Sending you prayers for peace and comfort.

My sympathy for the loss of a loyal friend.

However; there are some other issues that I wish to comment on.

You stated that you felt you had enough time to transform from male to female. That's a judgment call that we would all have to make. BUT this begs the question what would you have done if, in your opinion, there wasn't time? What if this had been guest staying over or a family member? Things that you might want to think about ahead of time.

I will point out that even if you had thrown a coat over yourself and headed out the door the Vet wasn't open until 0815 by your own comment. Getting there earlier wouldn't have done anything to improve the situation.

Just my thoughts.

Aspiring Member
    Teresa,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Dogs are great companions!

Banned Read only
    You are all so very kind with your words of comfort I can't thank you enough .

For the second morning I've still made the effort to carry on taking the walk , I'm so lucky having the open space behind my home . I met a lovely lady yesterday whom I've come to know well in the time I've been in my new home , she must have told all the other dog walkers I've come to know so this morning I was given a hug by one guy and so many good wishes by others .

All this made me think of the true value of owning a dog , for the last 32 years , almost half my lifetime and despite the weather I've stepped out of bed to spent time walking my dogs . In the darkest days when I was at loggerheads with my wife over my gender issues when I really didn't know which way to turn those moments were precious .They gave me time and space to work things out and prevented me sinking into severe depression , it has crossed my mind that that time also saved my wife more pain and suffering .
    I mustn't also forget the friends I have made over the years and finding neighbours who normally live behind closed doors but find it a way of opening up and talking their problems through with you . Then there is the pleasure of seeing a dog enjoy being a dog and chasing a ball or jumping in the river .

Linda,
    I admit I felt slightly guilty over taking that time to do my normal routine , I also admit I didn't realise she was as close to dying .

If I have anyone staying I normally only appear as Teresa as they don't know me as a guy , in fact very few people do .

I mentioned my dog's preference , when she saw me in male mode she would be less friendly and skulk away to her beanbag , somehow she sensed my mood change . The other point was I registered Lucy at the vet when I moved to my new home town as Teresa .

As you point out all that proved academic as I had to kill time before I could take my dog to the vet anyway .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-25-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Teresa: My heart breaks knowing the pain of such a loss. We lost all three of our aged dogs over the past five years. All seemed to enjoy me more as Rhonda than as the guy me. We were going to wait a year before seeking a new pet, but have barely made it 6 months and are in line for a pup from a recent litter. As all pet owners know, dogs give us unconditional affection and we welcome them as full members of our household.

I know your loss is raw — your memories will bring you smiles for years after the immediate pain fades. I hope you someday (sooner, rather than later) bring another canine companion into your life. As you well know, the rewards are immense.

Best regards, Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

My heartfelt condolences for your loss Teresa >>HUGS<<
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

From one dog lover to another, sending you a long distance hug. They truly are family.

Sorry for your loss.

So very sorry to hear about your little friend..I know those fury guys give everything they have without asking anything in return. Hugs, Mary Ann
    The Pink Fog is thick with this one....

Very sorry for your loss. We lost our Janie several weeks ago. It is so hard, losing such a loving companion.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Very sorry for the loss of you companion. Best wishes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

That is so sad. I'm sorry. I grew up in a house that pets were not allowed and once I moved out we bought a dog for our kids. I couldn't believe how bad I took that dogs death, we at time with our busy lives take them for granted and when there gone we realize we lost the most loyal and respectful thing in our lives. I never got another dog for the reason I don't want to go though that again. I totally know what your going threw.

Sorry for your loss Teresa, Dogs are one of the few creatures that love unconditionally. Have peace in knowing you gave her the best life you could.