Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not in male mode !

Banned Read only

Not in male mode !

A sad story for me today , during the night I heard the dog making more noise than usual while she was asleep , at 6.30 this morning I had to nip to the loo and when I returned I could see she had all the signs of an imminent visit to the vet , I thought I had enough time to shower and shave and apply my makeup before taking her but when I returned to check her out she had stopped breathing and sadly relieved herself on the bedroom carpet as she died . I dressed as quickly as possible and called the vet but was told the surgery wouldn't open until 8.15 . I have to say it was the longest half hour I've experienced in a long time knowing my dog was peacefully lying on her beanbag in the back of the car .

Some may consider me slightly mercenary but my I know my dog did prefer me as Teresa so I couldn't take her to the vet in male mode , I felt it was the right thing to do .

I will miss her deeply , in all her 12+ years she has never let me down , I've never had to raise my voice to her and my mascara is running while I type this thread .

Very sorry to hear this, Teresa. So sad when a pet passes.

Teresa, that is a really sad story. So very sorry for you. Best wishes.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

So sorry for your loss

Platinum Member
    It's tough to loose a four legged companion. Sorry for your loss.

Banned Read only
    Sorry for your loss.

I thought I lost my cat a few weeks ago week but he showed up a week later.

Oh, Teresa! I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet! It made me cry! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I am sorry that you have lost your friend. I know that it will take time for you to feel better.
    Hugs, Carole

So very sorry for your loss Teresa! You know she was very lucky that you gave her the best life she could ever have now enjoy all the memories she gave you!

So sorry to hear this, Teresa. She seems an important part of your life, as all pets are. Take care.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    so sorry for your loss

So sorry for your loss! We (wife and I) have lost several dogs in the past. Worst one was standing watching your friend (DOG) get run over, and not being able to do anything about it.
    Your friend in sorrow.
    Sara

Sorry for the loss of your companion Teresa.
    I never had a dog, but I had once to get one euthanized. A little puppy that we found in a jungle and who was in a bad shape. I was walking near a ridge, eating something when suddenly a little puppy head popped out amidst the large grassy leaves and yelped at me. He was starving and dried out, and followed me like I was his mother, yelping at me. We gave him some food and water and hurried out of the forest to find a vet dispensary, were we were told he was probably abandoned by the mother due to his illness. He needed surgery and a few weeks recovery, but we had to fly out the next day, and nobody there would want to take an errant dog in custody (they had thousands of them). So it was either letting him go in the wild and suffer a painful death alone, or take him out of his misery right away, which we did. I hold his head and he was watching me and I was watching him when he went. The lights went out in his eyes and he fell softly. We went to watch a sunset on the coast and cried a river for a dog we just met a few hours ago. Sheesh.
    Last edited by DianeT; 10-24-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    So sorry for you loss. Sometimes I think losing a pretty is worse than losing a human.

Teresa, I am gutted to hear this news. So very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences,

Banned Read only
    Diane,
    We had a similar experience with my previous labrador , I'd just started the walk when she coughed and went down on her side . I called my wife and she brought the car to get her to the vet , the vet declared she was brain dead but her heart was still strong . Watching those lights finally go out is filled with mixed emotions but the consolation is nether that dog ( Molly ) or my last dog ,( Lucy ) suffered any pain . If only humans had the same free choice !

Many thanks for all your kind thoughts , I really do appreciate it .

So very sorry for your loss, Teresa.

Karen Sue

Im sorry to hear that Teresa.
    Best wishes.

Kym

I am sorry for your loss. Some people say that it is just a pet. I do not believe that for a moment. It is a loved one that happens to have four legs instead of two. It still hurts whenever you lose a loved one regardless of whether they have two legs or four. Also our "pets" do not judge us like so many people do. May God comfort you at this time.
    Deborah

My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty.

Aspiring Member
    I am so sorry, Teresa, its always so sad when your pet dog goes to doggy heaven. I am on my fourth ladrador so know how it feels.
    Best wishes
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Teresa,

My sympathies. I know how difficult it is to lose such a loyal friend. We had our last dog for 14 years before she passed away in the back seat of my car on the way to the emergency vet. My wife was heartbroken and it took a really long time to get over the loss, but in time you will look back on the fond memories more so than the loss. Again my deepest sympathies.

Sandi

Banned Read only
    Vikky,
    Lucy was my third Labrador , so I knew what to expect but at the time it's as Sandi comments a loss of a loyal friend .

I've been saying that when I lose my dog I hope to travel more but that was before the pandemic , I must now seriously consider the choice of delayed travel against finding a new four legged friend .

Sandi,
    Now I live alone I'll miss those conversations that were replied with a wagging tail , to be greeted with a wet nose buried in the shopping bags when I return from the supermarket . Lets not forget the friends you make when walking a dog and how beneficial the exercise is , sorry more smudge mascara !

You Can Call Me Christy G
    Sorry for your loss. I imagine we all know that it is our furry friends who among all the beings we meet on this human journey accept us unconditionally, exactly as we are. That has meant a great deal to me during my life because there have been many times when I couldn't muster compassion or care for myself. Holding a kitten who loved every rub could be remarkably healing. You lost a companion who was in your home every day who loved you in drab and your finest dress. Yes, she will be lost and grieving is the only response that makes any sense in this often senseless world. Blessings to you.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time...
    T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

Teresa, That is the sadest thing I have heard for a long time, I am so very sorry for you.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

So sorry for your loss. When we had to have our last dog put to sleep about a week later I recieved a package from our vet with a sympathy card, a heavy card with a paw print and a poem called "The Rainbow Bridge". Google it, not LGBT related. Its about a doggy heaven where dogs go to wait for their masters to join them.