Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not in male mode !

So sorry for your loss.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    You reminded me of a story from when my kids were at school and they were asked what pets they had , at that time we didn't have any so they put their hands up and lied about it . My wife felt bad so we went out and bought an aquarium and let the kids choose the fish . They loved it and nagged every Saturday to visit the pet shop to choose more , they became upset and lost interest when they realised why many of the small , bright coloured fish were disappearing and other not so colour fish were getting bigger and fatter , I gave the aquarium to a business man for his reception area . Luckily we were offered our first labrador ( Bess ) by my brother in law , she'd had some puppies that should have been pedigree but Sam the shephard dog had done his duty first . Farmers tend to be more sensible if not insensitive and drowned them all which affected the dog where she would no longer work as a gundog , his loss was our gain and Bess took to our family straight away . That was 32 years ago I've had Molly and Lucy since but now I need to think hard about another but it will always have to be a black labrador because I adore them so much .

Reality Check
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Pets bring us much joy during their lives, but we know all along that they will eventually pass away and that's a really bad day when that happens.
    Krisi

I am so sorry for your loss, Teresa. Our furry friends give so much love and ask so little in return.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Silver Member
    My dear, seeing you in that picture with your gorgeous black and white dress, I have to say you should NEVER hesitate to go anywhere dressed. You look so comfortable, natural and presentable you should never be apprehensive about how you will be perceived.
    You.
    Look.
    Great. Keep on doing it.

Banned Read only
    Suzanne,
    That is extremely kind of you , I've tried to stick to a natural look as much as possible , " What you see is what you get ! " As you're possibly aware I am full time and have been for over two years . It occured to me how much I owe that to my dog , I've met some really nice people when out walking and they have been very accepting when I finally dropped male mode .

I will keep it going as there's not much to go back to .

Silver Member
    You've lost a membe of your family, and I know your hurt
    Jenny

I truly feel for you. I have five dogs myself and often dread that eventual day.

Banned Read only
    Cindy,
    I have no regrets owning dogs , they may not live as long as we'd like but they can be a life saver for us at times when the going gets tough .

I?m really sorry to hear of you loss. I?m very much a dog person and know what it is like to lose a friend like this. We have always adopted from rescue charities. When the time is right I hope you might think about a new friend, not as a replacement but because you know the joy that a canine companion can bring. There are so many dogs in need of homes.