A sad story for me today , during the night I heard the dog making more noise than usual while she was asleep , at 6.30 this morning I had to nip to the loo and when I returned I could see she had all the signs of an imminent visit to the vet , I thought I had enough time to shower and shave and apply my makeup before taking her but when I returned to check her out she had stopped breathing and sadly relieved herself on the bedroom carpet as she died . I dressed as quickly as possible and called the vet but was told the surgery wouldn't open until 8.15 . I have to say it was the longest half hour I've experienced in a long time knowing my dog was peacefully lying on her beanbag in the back of the car .

Some may consider me slightly mercenary but my I know my dog did prefer me as Teresa so I couldn't take her to the vet in male mode , I felt it was the right thing to do .

I will miss her deeply , in all her 12+ years she has never let me down , I've never had to raise my voice to her and my mascara is running while I type this thread .