All of us have different levels of dressing, different scales of acceptance and so forth. Courage to go out on ones own takes a lot of guts in the beginning but gets easier as time goes by but still there is always a little niggle in ones mind " what do I do I do if somebody is really nasty to me " and so forth. All sorts of thoughts rattle round in ones mind, can I do this or that new thing, and more besides.
I am very respectful towards people and of whats around me and how I present as well. One of my main thoughts is never to cause a situation, to that end my dressing life has been placid and enjoyable.
Recently meeting friends of my GF for the first time gave me a new confidence to face the unknown, which brings me to the main point of this post.
It has been said many times "they have seen everything" referring to Police, Fire and the medical profession, this last one was the final hurdle I had to conquer. Why I did not do so before beats me now.
I dress 24/7 now and have been for blood tests dressed but somehow I baulked at visiting my doctor dressed. I talked about this to my GF who told me " Just do it, it is you and a part of your life".
My previous visit to my Dr had been in semi drab but this time I got up the courage to go to him from some repeat meds, nails painted, pants, bra, forms and feminine styled pullover. As is usual I take my top off so he can listen to my heart and lungs but this time under my top I had my bra and forms. So the time came and I had to take my pullover off, strangely I felt no nervousness at doing so, just a thought " well this me and here I am".
Nothing was said, or questions asked, no changes of facial expression. The examination went on just as it had done many times before except instead of Bob being bare to the waist it was Bobbi in a bra and forms.
The examination over, a new prescription printed out and I was on my way, as I walked out towards my car I thought to myself "How could I have avoided such a simple thing for so long?"
I felt as though once again a new stone had been turned over, a new hurdle leaped over successfuly and another part of my journey has been added to my many memories of what has happened since I began to come out in 2015.