Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In the event of?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi Christine View Post
    Before I came out to my wife I had written a letter that was there with my clothes & stuff, I figured someone would eventually find it. It was there to answer questions that would be raise on finding my stuff. I showed her the letter when I told her about what I do.
    My wife and I talked about the letter if we both died, but need to do it. My wife said just to admit it is all my clothing and she would add that she knew, supported my dressing and loved me because I was still me no matter what clothing I was wearing.

My children all know I Cross Dress. What they do no know about is the 3 memory devices where I keep all of my photos. 2 2TB flash drives, one 1 TB hard drice (C) and one 5 TB drive with a 2 TB folder that is password protected. Last month I gave my son a sealed envelope to be opened after my death. It has my self written will and codisil. It also has all my computer passwords so he can purge all my flash drives and most of my hard drives. I also told him were I keep all non-Leslie Mary files If any of the family wants their 'Kid" photos all the way back to 1896. My son is my exactor.
    As you can see, I have given a great thought to my future. I live alone. but I have a friend renting two rooms in my house who knows to contact my son if I pass. I am hopping my reoccurring dreams are wrong and that I live past my 84th birthday.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

The OP feared for his legacy.

My father was not a CD, but he was a terribly difficult, sometime abusive person. When he passed, my family didn't say "Oh he was a terrible person." We missed him for his good side (he had one too) and began to understand him much better- his shortcomings and why he was the way he was. And now, we remember and share the good times and his good characteristics and we laugh, grieve, and celebrate him at the same time. And we see him in ourselves.

In no way is CD'ing a bad thing- please don't misunderstand me. But I think your family will remember, grieve, and celebrate you for who you were as a person, not that you wore women's clothing. Well they may, but only in the sense that they will feel they now know you a bit better. And maybe even have a good old fashioned laugh about it all.

But I could be totally wrong too

Becky I think you are right on.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria1 View Post
    As we get older my wife and I have spent considerable time and effort in our estate planning, ie wills, trusts, etc. One thing that comes to mind for me is what happens to the large stash of women's things that I have? My wife would dispose of the things in my dresser that she knows about but I have a large stash elsewhere that would only come to light if someone, my kids, had to dismantle and dispose of our entire estate. What do you do? Is this a concern? Have you made arrangements with a trusted friend or family member to dispose of your secret things? I would hate for my legacy to become, "He was a good guy but who knew that he had such a collection of women's underwear". What do the rest of you do?
    I'm single and live alone, and I also think about this topic. I'm out to my family and friends, so I'm not worried about them discovering that I was a crossdresser. They might be surprised by how many dresses, skirts, and shoes I own.

I'm at peace with it, I am who I am.