Thread: Mountain biking ? en femme?

Mountain biking ? en femme?

I love mountain biking. I also love the female athletic attire. I?ve considered combining both. Even a wig and light makeup. Anyone done this? How?d it go? I imagine it?s hard to be passable like that.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've recently had plenty of time to ride. Not mountain but, 15-20 miles around the area. The weather has turned cooler so in my searches, I can't seem to get past the lovely spandex women's outfits.
    My riding partner would have a heart attack. I've ridden in full fem in leotard and tights. It's really fun especially the different way you bounce. When you say passable I assume you mean by something faster, right?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Chloe, I bet we ride the same trails

Go for it but make sure the girls are safe when you fall off lol
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    I used to mountain bike until I broke both an arm and a leg biking up at Whistler...

As for en-femme I wore ladies shorts, top, and sports bras frequently.

I can't imagine wearing makeup or a wig. A wig would be way too hot and makeup would be a disaster due to sweat.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-28-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I used to mountain bike until I broke both an arm and a leg biking up at Whistler...

As for en-femme I wore ladies shorts, top, and sports bras frequently.

I can't imagine wearing makeup or a wig. A wig would be way too hot and makeup would be a disaster due to sweat.
    Ya you?re probably right. Don?t know what i was thinking. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCalifCD View Post
    Chloe, I bet we ride the same trails
    Ha ha I bet we do.

Duh, I completely forgot to mention, some of the fem stuff by Zoic is quite nice... (I have a load of their guy shorts for on and off the bike) I've also noticed that Specialized and Tasco will frequently manufacture nice female cycling gear - but I've also noticed both companies seem to do very short runs and usually sells out/becomes unavailable very quickly. Their stuff also seems to be seasonal as well.

For the last year and a half every one of my runs has been in a running skirt (leggings underneath in the winter). And considering I am on day 143 of a daily running streak that is a lot of skirting

But for biking I prefer shorts for modesty. So I have only worn a skirt three times on a bike. If I rode more in the winter I wouldn't mind leggings and a shorter skirt but I can't exercise in leggings unless it is freezing out at which point I am typically not biking. Though for mountain biking I am more concerned about my crappy $100 bike's brakes than my outfit. Which is why I tend to bike the flats (rail trails, canal paths) and save the hills for running.

I've toyed with road bike riding en femme. I have female jerseys, sports bras and even a pink set of road shoes that I've worn on rides, but I've never ventured to try any wigs or breast forms. There'd just be too much trouble with comfort and heat management. I have considered getting a pony tail extension that would stick out behind my helmet, but haven't actually tried that yet. Then, of course, I'd have to hope nobody gets too close a look at those bike shorts... ��*♀️
    Last edited by VivianNewkirk; 10-28-2020 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Well thanks to Covid I now sport a small ponytail out the back of my helmet. I also wear some pretty women's yoga hair bands under my helmet as well. I've considered trying women's bike shorts for a few reasons. I have a hard enough time fitting into guy's cycling jerseys. I can't imagine squeezing into a women's jersey.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I rode a road bike once while dressed wore a helmet, tights and all the rest, forms pads makeup but light make up. I didn't ride very far and it wasn't a whole lot of fun. Pabtiesand bra with out pads or just small pads might be ok. But I would rather keep them separate.
    I think things like this separate the CDs from the fully trans folks here. I enjoy dressing and riding and other hobbies and it seems like I'll enjoy them more separate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Here for a visit
    Why not? Women mountain bike too!

I have been a runner and dedicated exerciser for over 40 years. I wear leggings for working out, as well as around the house and out. However I would think that things like wigs, makeup, etc. would make the workout harder; and since I like to push myself when I exercise its probably not for me. But to each their own. Getting any exercise in any outfit is better than none.

I've got some shorter women's cycling shorts and two jerseys, but I just wear them and no one "notices" when I am riding the road bike. I like the women's length better and the pads for all the hype don't seem to make any difference to me. I did wear yoga pants as tights last winter to keep warm and no one seemed to care. I've gotten way more comments asking about my painted nails than the clothes I'm wearing.

Aspiring Member
    I only wear women's bike shorts. In fact, I don't think anyone can tell the difference. I have padded and unpadded bike shorts. Most bike shorts would seem to be almost unisex.

Banned Read only
    As for shorts and padding... I always wore a men's padded liner shorts and baggie outer shorts for a couple reasons.

1) There is more padding in the front of men's bike shorts than Women's
    2) But most of all Mountain Bikers DO NOT wear spandex!

As for shorts and padding... I always wore a men's padded liner shorts and baggie outer shorts for a couple reasons.

1) There is more padding in the front of men's bike shorts than Women's
    2) But most of all Mountain Bikers DO NOT wear spandex!
    When did that change? I stopped riding mountain bikes in 2000 and just got back to it last year and noticed that only the cross-country racers wore spandex.

Banned Read only
    When did that change? Spandex has always been for road bikers and XC riders.

Mountain bikers wear baggies.

Also it depends on what you call mountain biking.

This is what most people think of when they hear mountain bike

mtb1Capture.jpg

This is what I think of when I hear mountain bike...

mtb2Capture.jpg
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-29-2020 at 01:50 PM.

I've been wearing a padded biking skort, with a racer-back sports bra and tee shirt out mountain biking lately with my accepting GG neighbor / friend. I didn't think through the tan lines that would give me, but if that bothered my wife she didn't mention it. I don't wear a wig under my helmet. My shoes and socks are from the women's racks, but are only a little on the femme side of androgynous.

Aspiring Member
    When I lived in Lakewood, Colorado, a few years ago, I often biked around the neighborhoods en femme for exercise. In the morning, everyone else biking or running wore athletic clothing. Everything that early in the day was peaceful and pleasant. I included padding and forms to get a reasonable silhouette. I blended well enough to have no trouble.

The worst thing about biking in the evening around the many ponds and wetlands, like Crown Hill Reservoir and Holbrook Park, was flying bugs down my cleavage. They do not extinguish upon impact. That can be distracting.

When did that change? Spandex has always been for road bikers and XC riders.

Mountain bikers wear baggies.

Also it depends on what you call mountain biking.

This is what most people think of when they hear mountain bike

mtb1Capture.jpg

This is what I think of when I hear mountain bike...

mtb2Capture.jpg
    That's what I like too. So nice that mountain bikes now have dropper posts. My Enduro bike is way better then my DH bike was 20 years ago at going downhill, and it goes up.

I wear Athleta leggings and shorts biking. I sometimes wear a sports bra, depending on my top.

I say go for it. I've yet to have anyone question me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivianNewkirk View Post
    Then, of course, I'd have to hope nobody gets too close a look at those bike shorts... ��*♀️
    And I cannot imagine the pain of riding on a narrow road saddle while tucked....