Thread: First time with makeup

First time with makeup

I decided to work from home today because of the weather. That's one good thing Covid did, as I never had the chance to wfh before that. So, after my wife left to take our son to the homeschool coop, I thought I'd dress for the day, just a pair of womens jeans and a leopard tank with my forms under, and 2 inch heels. My wife got home and said I looked cute, and asked if I wanted to try makeup today. We've talked about it before, but hadn't had the chance. She did the makeup for me, I put on my short auburn wig and looked in the mirror to brush it and saw such a pretty Bridgette looking back at me. My wife thought I looked really cute then, and so did I. Spent the rest of the work day like that, then when she went to pick him up I cleaned up and put everything away. I was soooooo pumped!

Fun! Now you just need to learn to do it yourself so you don’t have to rely on your wife.

Congrats!

Prepare for a lot of expense and frustration ahead. It's worth it, though.
    💜💜💜 twitter.com/val_blackbird 💜💜💜

Are we in space?
    Do we we belong someplace where no one calls it wrong?
    And like the stars we burn away the miles . . . .

It's that moment you look in the mirror and think "there she is!"

Get as much help and advice from your wife and others as you can. Maybe a visit to a beauty salon would help.

That had to be a fun surprise! It?s a great feeling when your SO randomly does something to show they support you. Enjoy!

Yep the fun starts here, youll now want it more, but your wife wont always want to do it, so buy yourself a cheap makeup kit, you can get everything in them to play with, foundation, eye shadow, eye liner, lippy etc, and usaully a few brushes, its just till you get the basics, more expensive stuff comes later as you get the hang of it. Now dont get frustrated, it will happen, dont forget it washes off for a blank canvas to start again. Ive spent hours doing my face, then only to experiment adding something extra and it looks awful, tried to correct even worse !!!!. deep breath wash it off start again. Its even worse when your going out to meet someone, and it goes wrong, panic sets in, no real time to do it again !!!!, part of being a woman I guess, lol.

Banned Read only
    Bridgette ,
    OK so that's the tip of the iceberg now watch it grow !

I have to admit , when you've got your makeup looking OK the wig was the transforming moment for me , even now I can't forget the moment when the guy disappeared for the first time , I didn't consider if I looked cute or passable all I know was there was a woman looking back at me , I'm sure that was the point when Teresa came into being .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-30-2020 at 08:08 AM.

When I got my first makeover I looked in the mirror and a switch flipped. I have never looked back.

Platinum Member
    That was great. So nice that your wife offered the help and the compliments. I hope there are plenty of more opportunities in the future.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    MY own CDing started at age12 WITH makeup FIRST----the clothing came a couple years later.

That's great that she is so supportive!
    Since you're new to it, I would start with the basics. Primer and foundation to start with, and exfoliate your face well first. You can add mascara, eye liner, ect as you you like, but less is more. ( at least for me)
    I would start with cheap makeup to get the hang of it, and as you get better with it, you can upgrade to higher quality makeup. Also many here can probably tell you, it can get very expensive but worth it if you plan to do it often. I would suggest watching YouTube videos on it , reading,and nothing beats another woman helping you and giving suggestions!....After all, they have been doing it most of their life !