Thread: My "No Makeup" Haloween outing"

My "No Makeup" Haloween outing"

Havent posted for a while (health issues)--- actually Dressed & went out for a short time today. Went abt 2 blks out-2 back> Since stupid "face coverings" are req. in my area--it occured to me that my Silk Scarf wd cover most of my face. Large-frame Shades, plus my wig- meant that "no-makeup" was needed-- as no one cd see it anyway!! Makeup wd hv ruined the scarf anyway. Orange tank, Blk skirt, Red sweater cuz couldntt find my Blk sweater. My b.o.c. 3" wedges, sm Wht bag, Pearl earrings & necklace. Silver rings & watch. Kinda lk "old times"-- but no makeup. Had not bn Outside for over a year. Cant walk far-- and vision is so poor that makeup application doesent go well. But- since we have to "cover our faces" for this scaredemic--- gave it a try. Had a bit of Fun. Dint go to the eatery that I visited b4 while Dressed-- as they are closed. So--- IF u think u "cant go out"--- give it a try anyway! Have Fun. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

Platinum Member
    "stupid 'face coverings' are required in my area.." My wife has been making very nice fashionable face covering for friends and families and military veterans, if which she is one of them. Very fashionable. She has made for veterans army, navy, marines and coast guard, and, since she has been unable to find air force motif fabric she has made one's with airplanes. Women have been requesting floral designs. Today I put aside my army face mask and donned my Halloween mask with Disney figures of which Donald Duck as a devil was prominent. She has just mailed out to family face masks with Thanksgiving and Christmas motifs. Little kids have asked for and received various super heroes. She has made and mailed out at non charge over 300 masks. Yes, those plain white and blue masks sold in bulk at Walgreen's and Wal-mart are not fashionable and maybe look 'stupid,' but they are effective for the intended purpose.

My wife has had requests from women for the inner liner against the face to be a dark color since makeup does seem to smear. Easily done! I love my wife of 49 years as old yesterday!

I am sorry that you have to wear those stupid face masks. I only buy the smart ones and they have kept me safe so far from catching a real bad virus from stupid people who don't wear their masks when they are required to. Maybe you could find some of the smart ones like I have. They will help keep you safe, and if you unfortunately get the virus will help keep others safe from you. They are not perfect, but do help.

Of course, if it hadn't been for the "stupid mask" you would not have been able to go out at all.

Sounds like it was lots of fun, even if brief! Any time out is good time! I found the face mask very convenient since it covers my beard and people just get to appreciate my happy eyes! I also think to some degree people are more understanding now since everyone is under stress and a little more forgiving and sympathetic. Probably not universal, but it's there.
    We are all beautiful...!

It's state law here requiring a mask in public.
    At least people are complying without a lot of fuss. Just keeps it safer for everyone.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    My son got to ban someone from his store yesterday for repeatedly ordering food and not wearing a mask when he came in to pick it up and was always confrontational about it. His manager finally had enough too and let him ban the guy, it was very satisfying for my son.

But anyway I said this way back in April that people should take advantage of masks. As nobody can see how nervous you look behind a mask. But honestly I still have makeup on even lipstick under my mask, I still got to look at myself in the mirror.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 11-01-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    I am sorry that you have to wear those stupid face masks. I only buy the smart ones and they have kept me safe so far from catching a real bad virus from stupid people who don't wear their masks when they are required to. Maybe you could find some of the smart ones like I have. They will help keep you safe, and if you unfortunately get the virus will help keep others safe from you. They are not perfect, but do help.
    Please define a "smart" mask.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I agree Allie Facemasks are a painin the face. BUt hey do make makeup easier. I also hate viruses being sick makes dressup time no fun at all. So if a face mask gives me a 50% chance of not getting sick its a win and I'll where the stupid thing. I probably look better with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Please define a "smart" mask.
    A "smart" mask is the type of face mask that covers one's mouth and nose completely and is designed to hinder the spread of the Covid-19 virus and similar microbes. It is usually made up of at least two layers of fabric with elastic loops for the ears that secure it in place. Sometimes these masks are washable and reusable, while others are single use and are often sold commercially in multi-packs. They are not as effective as N95 masks that are specifically designed to filter out micro-organisms, and which are primarily used in hospital settings or microbiology laboratories where there is a very high probability of coming into close contact with deadly viruses and the like. "Smart" masks (like seatbelts and bicycle helmets) aren't always a 100% sure panacea for protecting oneself (and others) against harm, but they do represent a primary defense against airborne microbes. They are usually conspicuous by their absence at "super-spreader" events such as cult-like political rallies where science deniers and conspiracy theorists abound.

But most importantly of all, "smart" masks signal to the world at large is that the wearer is not a self-centered a$$hole, and that they are taking great pains to protect both themselves and any others whom they might encounter from contracting this insidious and deadly virus.

Thank you Leslie! someone needed that.

Allie

You know, some people wear a vest with ceramic plate inserts, and a helmet, to work every day. "Stupid"? Nah, not exactly. Inconvenient for sure and not exactly pleasant either, but it might just save their life one day, so they do it and dont fuss about it.
    Oh .. and if you are a crossdresser the vest will hide your bra and forms too! See, this post is actually about crossdressing! :-)

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Good post! These masks are not "stupid", they have a function. That function is to protect you from Covid and to protect others from catching it from you. It's hard for me to understand how so many seemingly intelligent people can't seem to understand this.

We wear our masks when in businesses, restaurants, etc. But, in our area (and I suspect most areas), we are not required to wear masks when riding in our cars alone or with family we live with or outdoors walking on the street.
    Krisi

Silver Member
    I agree, masks are important. Sure they can be inconvenient, but you can get so many choices now. I wear a leopard print one often, and got two sugar skull ones for Halloween and my wife got fangs and lips. If you have to wear one, may as well be fashionable!

Banned Read only
    I don't care about wearing a mask even if it's " stupid " or " smart " as long as I'm still alive to wear one .

I still wear my full makeup because when I've done my shopping and heading for my car I slip my mask off as long as people are keeping a safe distance .