Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, Super-Dumb Question

Thanks. 🙂

With respect to passing, while personal pride and accomplishment do play a role, for me, passing is primarily about safety. Camouflage. 😉

Banned Read only
    Val,
    I didn't get the reason when I read your thread but if it's to cover up forms then maybe think of alternatives . I only wear forms to give my natural part I have a lift , so when I wear anything low cut you only see me and not forms . Otherwise I wear scarves for the same reason GGs do , partly to enhance an outfit or if it's cold they keep the chill off when wearing a coat or jacket .

Val, I also wear scarves, not for deception but to accent the outfit.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I think some analyze things too much and reach the wrong conclusion .
    Fact is, as ladies get older they tend to wear clothes that they wore when they were a bit younger... like a somewhat younger adult.
    That goes for males also.

As far as scarfs...... some older female have loose skin on their necks, commonly called "chicken necks'
    So, a loose fitting sheer scarf around the neck will hide this, or at least draw attention away from it.

0f course, a neck scarf and indeed the type of scarf has to blend well with the outfit worn and not look out of place.

Banned Read only
    We aren't fooling anyone who cares to pay attention.. Most people are either too self absorbed to notice, don't care either way, or are simply polite and keep their opinions to themselves. Unless you are specifically interested in being the center of attention somewhere, success can be defined as blending into the environment/not sticking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Val_Blackbird View Post
    Thanks. ��

With respect to passing, while personal pride and accomplishment do play a role, for me, passing is primarily about safety. Camouflage. ��
    Last edited by MonicaPVD; 11-01-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I'm intrigued that you ask GG's in particular. I suspect a CD is just as likely to spot another as a GG. We are some what more paranoid about the subject after all.

Banned Read only
    My inclination would be to think the person is a woman, but then I would remember that it's not possible to generalize accurately from a single item of clothing or from someone's appearance or what I think their appearance suggests or doesn't suggest. I don't think i'd necessarily take it as an indicator of someone who crossdresses. The color and design of the scarf might help a bit to know. We tend to associate particular colors and designs with male/female, of course. Someone with a dark satin scarf might just look a little feminine in their physical appearance without the scaft indicating anything.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I've seen older women wearing scarfs, In think to hide the wrinkles and look younger. I'd name her, but she's a famous high-level American politician.
    So is Dr. Deborah Brix actually TG?????

I think the input given by many here is pretty solid. It's not usually one thing, but rather how things add up. Although certain characteristics are more heavily weighted than others. To Wong Fu aside, I feel like the adams apple is a lesser give away.

PS I got a scarf I rarely wear. It's pretty, but I find them cumbersome.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 11-06-2020 at 08:07 AM.

I wear a scarf occasionaly sometimes on a chilly day other days as an accessory, and not to hide anything in particular
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman