Thread: Is it just my imagination about Halloween this year?

Is it just my imagination about Halloween this year?

Is it my imagination or has there been a scarcity of Halloween postings this year? Usually there are lots of pre-Halloween planning posts and lots of posts on Halloween experiences. I'm assuming the COVID situation has something to do with it?

Seems like Covid put a dampener on everything so it would not surprise me the postings have dropped off. Funny thing, I joined here exactly 1 year ago tomorrow after dressing up and going out clubbing for Halloween , so I had something to talk about last year. This year, 3 trick or treaters with self service candy bags. Not my idea of fun , but I am well so I guess I should be thankful. Maybe next year.

Sandi

Banned Read only
    Yeah Covid pretty much shut everything down and I don't know anyone irresponsible enough to have a private party this year.

But I am going to meet a bunch of other CD/TG for a Zoom Halloween party later tonight.

Banned Read only
    Yep, let's all sit around, swill beer, eat pizza and try to figure out who the asymptomatic spreader is. We made up small bags of candy and treats and distributed them to the little kids in the immediate neighborhood. The times I have been in Goodwill this Halloween I hardly saw anyone pawing through the racks of costumes.

For a different reason I didn't go out- I had been thinking Oh boy I'll spend the day out, but then I didn't want to treat dressing as a costume! So I just enjoyed myself at home and went out in manly costume instead!
    We are all beautiful...!

Definitely. In our area, all get togethers were cancelled. Trick or Treat was limited to 2 hours..mid afternoon. Most treats were left on the front porch. We had none...oh my, what am I to do with all those Snickers?

So many parties and such have been cancelled due to Covid.
    Our town still allowed it and downtown and the surrounding streets were filled with Trick or Treaters yesterday from around 3pm till dark. It was good to see people out and about having fun for a change.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    So many thing were cancelled, even Halloween themed TV shows, that Halloween this year seemed like a non event......like just like any other day.
    Al you saw on TV was just more spooky movies that have nothing to do with Halloween. Personally I have seem quite enough of The Addams Family movies and Beetle Juice to last a life time

I hope society survives mentally as well as physically because as humans, we all look forward to all the special days that we celebrate together.

Last edited by Barbara Jo; 11-01-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Yep, let's all sit around, swill beer, eat pizza and try to figure out who the asymptomatic spreader is.
    We had wine and avocado toast so we should be ok

We family went to friends house and the kids got to.be kids and have fun. They had about 150 trick or treaters.

Couple who are generally unhealthy stayed home
    . Other couple who have elderly parents staying with them stayed home. Those with normal or good immune systems had fun and those at risk stayed hidden. The swedish model.

Good to see kids have fun after all the lockdowns.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    BTW with "Thanksgiving" coming this month in the US, many will most like not have the large family (and maybe friends) gathering for dinner as usual .

So, if you are you or someone in your household is cooking for it, perhaps you should scale back the dinner.
    I have always been a great cook and even when I was married, I helped with TG dinner .
    So what I am doing is just stuffing and roasting a chicken as a big turkey is senseless and a lot will go to waste.
    With a roasted chicken you can still have all the TG trimmings and the chicken is just as tasty .

Covid put a damper on it forsure. I usally do a few nights dressed and driving around but this year I only went for a drive dressed up last night. I only did it to keep up the tradition. I went downtown to a gay community and there actually was a lot of people dressed up and having drinks on outdoor patios. It felt good to see some civilians on the street.

Gold Member
    Just like a lot of gatherings, and events being canceled because of the Virus, I do believe that
    Halloween will be put on a shelve until next year. Thanksgiving and Christmas not far behind.
    Rader

Silver Member
    I swear, this is the most melancholy Halloween in history. I didn't see a single kid in costume in my town this year.

Even the "criminal" college kids in my neighborhood who have so-called "illegal" parties on the weekends didn't do anything this year.

Reality Check
    I was out and saw Ronald McDonald riding a motorcycle.

Some newer crossdressers get excited about Halloween and dress as women and go out in public. The problem is, if you do a good job, people will suspect that you do this more than once a year. What normal guy owns a $100 wig, a pair of $300 silicone boobs, a $200 pair of padded hips and a well fitting pair of women's heels?

If you want to dress as a woman on Halloween without raising suspicion, you need a $20 party wig and an ill fitting bra stuffed with socks, no hips and a pair of heels that don't fit and you can't walk properly in.

Not my cup of tea.

If you want to go out in public as a woman (and who doesn't), pick another day, dress as a normal woman would and go to the mall or the tourist section of your city.
    Krisi

Oh well, all I can say is it was the best Halloween ever!

I'm so happy I didn't stay home. I went to Vegas anyway, and I invited some friends because they cancelled DLV.

Pictures to follow

Masks or face coverings were mandatory, clothes were optional.

Silver Member
    Oh there are some posts out there and a fancy witch or two to see in the photo gallery But yes lots has been cancelled. On the upside, my wife has been nicer about Meghan in the house, and was very sweet about her for Halloween. Things won't be quit back to "normal" for another year.