Thread: RE: what social media platform are we using to chat?

RE: what social media platform are we using to chat?

Don,t know if this has been asked before. I am seeking a social app that we can chat on and see each other?

Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams... Take your pick.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

You can “broadcast” through most social media platforms, but most aren’t really set up for video conferencing. Zoom is probably your best bet for something like that.

Thank you. I will see if I can get on zoom.

Try Susan's Place (susans.org). It is a support site very similar to this one with much more information about the different places and experiences one may have wherever they are under the Transgender umbrella. That have a chat site tied into Discord, which has their own chat site for trans people, Ftm and MtF. Then there is Reddit, but I am not sure if they have actual chat or forum like communication like here? Good luck,

Allie

Banned Read only
    Zoom seems to be the video conferencing app of choice.

My TG support group, Ham radio club, and The Emerald City Social Club (a CD/TG social club) all have been using Zoom for meetings and fun since the pandemic.

But Zoom is not something you just log onto and find someone to chat with, they are prearranged meetings with private entrances by link and password and most have a waiting room and you have to be let in the chat.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 11-02-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Banned Read only
    Certainly not twitter from my experience - it's just a hive of people posting explicit photos with crossdresser related hashtags and asking what people would like to do with them. Not my cuppa tea!

Reality Check
    This forum meets my needs. Getting on "social media" as a crossdresser has its risks if you're not out to the world as a crossdresser. Things are going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of and these could easily make your private hobby public.

Face book has facial recognition software that could identify your male self from your female photo. Also, you're female self can be linked to your male self as a "person you may know".

For some folks, it may not matter and for others, it may be worth the risk. Not for me though.

I was on a non-crossdressing related Internet forum (not Facebook) as a woman for a couple of years (long story how that happened) and it was fun pretending, but there were no photos.
    Krisi