Thread: A first professional manicure for this MIAD.

A first professional manicure for this MIAD.

Hello Ladies, I just wanted to share my experience with you all. I had my first nail salon manicure this evening! It has been on my bucket list for years and it was a wonderful experience. I was treated with nothing but professionalism and acceptance.

For a little back story, I am a partial dresser with short mens hair. I stopped wearing my wig and padded bra about 5 years ago. I still love all the clothes, makeup, jewerly, purses, and even the padded panty because it just makes the clothes look better. I know this look isn't for everyone, though it's where I am in my evolution as a crossdresser. My style is always 100% feminine. I don't mix and match mens and womens clothes when I dress. I have never been harassed or felt unsafe. I get a long glance every now and again, though more often than not I get affirmations (from women of course).

I have only gone out dressed 4 or 5 times since Covid. Because masks are required everywhere, I haven't even touched my makeup, until this evening. I put on my classy purple dress, black tights, sheath sweater, heels, jewery, and full makeup, and had my nails done. What a beautiful, feminine experience! I was overdue for some real Melanie time and finally scratched that itch.

Afterward, I stopped by Costco, then to the regular grocery store, and finally to a quiet local restaurant for some dinner and a glass of wine. I was treated with nothing but respect and compliments everywhere.

I know I don't share much, though I read the posts here all the time, and I am thankful for all of the influences and reassurances the ladies on this forum provide. Maybe my little experience will influence someone else to get out there!

Melanie sounds like you had a wonderful time, which everyone is looking for.

Melanie, That is wonderful you got a salon manicure, just going into a salon is a fun experience.
    Crissy

One of the few good things my ex did for me was to get me hooked on mani-pedis. I go three or four times a year and usually get color on my toes.
    I get a few odd looks from other patrons when I get color, even being asked once why, I returned the question, she said "because I like the way I feel with pretty toes."
    My response, "well, there you go." she smiled and left.

Enjoy yourself and go for the paraffin wax on your feet, it is heaven.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

It?s really fun to have your nails done at a salon. I?m so glad you enjoyed your first time. I?ve only done it one time in my life it was about 13 years ago but had the gel type done they were awsume and I enjoyed it so much and at that time was only $20 for my entire hands to be done. I enjoyed wearing them for almost 2 weeks then came the time to remove them. Broke my heart but took almost 2 days to get them off soaking in 100% acid tone. Anyway it?s really fun to be that feminine for awhile. Wish I could do it all the time just can?t all the time right now. Guess the only thing right now is waiting for a cure for Covid-19 let?s hope and pray for it to be over soon.

Melanie,

I started four years ago with pedi, then a couple of months later she said have you ever had a mani, said no, so she gave one..now every three weeks mani and every six mani/pedi.once you start you won't quick..
    Its fun to be pampered..

Davina

Susanmichelle, you aren't kidding about the removal process of gel nail polish! I just learned another hard lesson in the art of femininity!

I color own nails every now and again. Also, I am a partial "part time" girl. I have only ever used a basic polish, which is removed very easily. My manicure was done with a dark red gel polish. I tried to remove it last night in order to get ready for work early this morning, and I was completely blind-sided! My polish remover wasn't acetone-based either!

This situation started me down a rabbit hole of Youtube videos on how to remove it, an emergency trip a local shop for acetone, nail scrapers, and cuticle/nail oil. I used the cotton ball and aluminum foil method. It worked though it still took forever. I was up a lot later than I wanted to be last night.

The one silver lining was that it gave me yet another excuse to dress pretty and get out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    I get a few odd looks from other patrons when I get color, even being asked once why, I returned the question, she said "because I like the way I feel with pretty toes."
    My response, "well, there you go." she smiled and left.
    I've actually gotten more positive affirmations (from othe GG patrons) than stink-eye looks.

One woman actually told me that I "really rocked that blue [toenail polish].'
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.