One more friend has decided to turn aside from me. This friend was a retired Dr here in France who gave me some of the answers I was searching for as to why I am this way. We ( before my ex left me) knew him from as far back as 2006! I used to see him every week as we had a little group to learn french together and his English was quite good.
About last October I asked him about meeting up and he said he could not as he had "family problems", and he would be in touch, which never happened then just after Christmas we did set up a meeting but our lockdown put paid to that. he has never contacted me and I did not, not wanting to intrude on his problems.
Then a recent Saturday I was walking to get coffee and saw him greeted him nicely and asked if he would like coffee with me to which I got the curt reply I cant I have to go now
Although he was a Dr would have seen most things, and walked in exalted circles of medics (lecturing at a faculty of medecine and so forth) it is my belief that my openess and level of dressing is something he, for whatever reason cannot comprehend being friends with a CD person.
I think thing our weekly meets are done for plus we have another lockdown again.