Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe a rant

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    They made CD's feel that they were "posers", that they didn't belong since they were not transitioning.
    So sad to hear that. You're right. Their behavior was inexcusable.
    What I posted was just wondering if perhaps you'd misunderstood their intent, but it sure doesn't sound like it.
    My apologies.

Silver Member
    I so hate boxes. People are constantly trying to fit everyone into binaries. Either you are a one (you fit the box) or a zero (you don't fit). Life and the world are not black and white. They are grayscales or even multidimensional color scales. Its tragic that the T's or any of the flag colors are acting like mean girls deciding who can eat lunch at the cool kids table.

CD's like us have a problem that many other groups do not. We are invisible to the public because the highest aspiration of many members is to pass as women. That is, we are aiming to be unnoticed, indistinguishable from regular women. I am advocating for us to just put on that dress with no makeup, wig, or boobs and show the world how tasteful and presentable a man can be while wearing a dress and heels. Go about your everyday business, be yourself without putting on a drag queen persona and let people see were not freaks and more commonplace than anyone thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Maybe this post is better suited to the transsexual section. I don't think this concerns crossdressers.
    I agree and have brought this up several times in as gentle of a way as I can. Their dominance of the cross dressers section is very intimidating for those of us at the start of this journey trying to make sense of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    Their dominance of the cross dressers section is very intimidating for those of us at the start of this journey trying to make sense of it all.
    Really... In what way to we "dominate" or "intimidate"?
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I agree and have brought this up several times in as gentle of a way as I can. Their dominance of the cross dressers section is very intimidating for those of us at the start of this journey trying to make sense of it all.
    Really? You feel intimidated the transgendered? Why? In what way are TS/TG dominating this section?
    If you and others truly feel that way, may I suggest asking the Owner & Mods to make a "CD only" section.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Read only
    Star,
    I'm going to admit I found some members intimidating when I first joined , they appeared to have a lifestyle I could never achieve . More importantly I needed help so accepted what was on offer and gained strength and confidence . Lets also not forget some members did put others down , you have decide who has the problem you or them , more often than not it was them .

Most of us are on one form of journey or another perhaps you might try and see comments not as put downs but trying to help you on your journey , from you comments I sense you wish to continue yours so the question is does the forum help you or not on your journey , would the formation of another sub-section really help you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    If you and others truly feel that way, may I suggest asking the Owner & Mods to make a "CD only" section.
    I thought this was the crossdresser section of the forum based on the the title of this section. What am I missing? I?m just limiting my participation to the section that best describes how identify.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

This is, after all, the male to female crossdressing section and the forum does include a transgender section that I have looked at that IS NOT dominated by crossdressers. I don?t see myself as a bad girl for trying to follow directions and use the appropriate section for how I identify.

After 66 1/2 yrs, having been a factory worker, in the military , gravedigger, caretaker of a quadriplegic, and many other things, i just cannot be other than the INDIVIDUAL i AM. I do not want to join any ?movement?, or politics power group. Sick of dependency and codependency. I am just me.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Jacqueline, Very well said!

I thought this was the crossdresser section of the forum based on the the title of this section. What am I missing?

This is, after all, the male to female crossdressing section and the forum does include a transgender section that I have looked at that IS NOT dominated by crossdressers. I don?t see myself as a bad girl for trying to follow directions and use the appropriate section for how I identify.
    You are missing the fact that both the CD and TS sections are not exclusive. They do have the very reasonable expectation that the discussions be related to their respective groups.

So again I ask, how have we "dominated" or "intimidated" the crossdressers in this section?
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

No offense just truth, you're coming off as a little intimidating right now.
    Be the best you, be the true you.
    That said, I love faceapp so much I change my avatar daily

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYEWpv7Ue0RFVaE/html5

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    So again I ask, how have we "dominated" or "intimidated" the crossdressers in this section?
    Ridiculing DADT crossdressers for not leaving their spouse of fifty years so they can dress would be one that I rind intimidating. There seems to be a prevailing attitude that if someone is not going out in public dressed they cannot be taken seriously. Look, I knew that I would be singled out and piled on for even suggesting this and that it wouldn't go anywhere so go ahead and give me whatever I deserve and I'll sit down and shut up.

OK, the rant is over. This thread has gone more toward bickering.