Thread: Another great weekend

Another great weekend

The weather in New England has been very summer like up until today. I Central Ma where I am from it has been touching the 70's to just below 80 degrees now for almost a week. On Saturday I decided to get out of here for the day (I have had enough of this pandemic) so I took a ride up to the coast of Southern Maine.
    I had dress in a pair of white shorts, peach colored top white sandals and a pink wind breaker in case it was cool along the coast. I was able to put the top down on the mustang and enjoy the oldies playing on the radio.

When I got up to the beach area it was quite mild so I enjoyed a nice walk on the beach (something I hadn't been able to do all summer) and then I sat on the beach for a while and soaked up some late summer sunshine. Later I found a restaurant that had plenty of outside seating overlooking the ocean, so I stopped to have a some fresh seafood. I had a very nice waitress of which made things even nicer. I took my time coming home again with the top down and was able to take the entire day in and enjoy it.

Later Sunday morning my daughter called me and asked what I was doing, and would I like to go to lunch with her. I told her to give me a little time to get ready.
    When she came over I had on a nice pair of jeans, a yellow top and white sneakers, again feeling great about myself. She said why are you wearing jeans when it it so warm out? You have that nice short white denim skirt why don't you wear that?? So I went and changed to make her happy, and she fixed my eye makeup a little and off we went.
    We went to a local restaurant outside seating on a deck overlooking a lake. We had a fantastic meal and a great time and then went to a small micro brewery again seating outside listened to some music had a couple of brews and took in the day.

To some it all up it was a fantastic weekend and I enjoyed every bit of it being me

Hi Joann,
    I too enjoy the nice NE weather , although nothing cd related. I got out on the bike every day last Thursday until yesterday. I had an impromptu 3 days off as someone I work with was Covid 19+. I got tested Monday, stayed away from everyone for those 3 days , and got results last night as -. I guess if I had to have time off, those were the days!
    Glad you had a good time with your daughter.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Thank you, yes we did have a great time. Be careful and stay safe and healthy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm glad u had a great weekend but also very jealous and demand that u give us our weather back, Joann!

After all, you're used to freezing weather. But, no one here in SoCal is! They don't even sell long sleeve shirts or jeans in our stores!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

We are starting to go back to the colder weather and I don't like it
    It was a great weekend and thank you

Was really nice here as well. Glad you had such a good trip and outing with your daughter

Spending time with your daughter, absolutely priceless. The rest of your wonderful weekend was pretty good too.
    Our temps have been dropping all day so the warm weather is a thing of the past.
    Crissy

Thank you Frannie it was a great time
    Chrissy thank you, anytime I spend with my daughter she has been very accepting and we have a great time together
    she does like to pick out what I am going to wear so I just go along with it...it's all good

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by missjoann49 View Post
    We are starting to go back to the colder weather and I don't like it
    It was a great weekend and thank you
    It sounds as if you had a great time. I love reading stories of family acceptance and participation, and, not just tolerance. As to the weather I'd love having cool fall weather WITHOUT the darn rain. This weekend it is projected to have three feet of snow in the mountains which off course translates to too much rain in the lowlands.

Hi Stephanie, we had some snow here over Halloween and it got cold, then we had a big week long warming trend of which I loved, now it's back to the rain and chillier temps

My daughter has been very accepting for which I am glad. When my late wife passed (her mom) our relationship has grown of which I am thankful for