Thread: My friend will collect them .

Banned Read only

My friend will collect them .

Despite our divorce my ex wife and I keep in touch , we keep it amicable and chat about family , I appreciate that as it keeps me up to date with my children and grandchildren .

I had a phone call from her to ask me a favour . She had bought two jigsaw puzzles as a small Xmas gift for a friend with a cat theme on Facebook but the lady she'd bought them from lives in my new home town so she asked if I could collect them for her . There was a pause and then she giggled , I realised what she was implying so I asked what have you told the lady about who would collect them ? She then added , " I've told her a lady friend would do the collection and pay " .

I Googled the address and found the house , so after ringing the doorbell three times a lady stuck her head out the window from the other side of the cul-de-sac and called me across to tell me the lady was a little deaf and she had seen me waiting and called her on the phone , by then lady with the puzzles was standing at her door , so I thanked the kind neighbour and crossed the cul-de-sac to collect the items .

I couldn't help smiling on the way home as I'd gone from an embarrassing CDing husband to a lady friend with my ex-wife .

As a P.S.
    A while ago I asked on the forum if it was right to celebrate my divorce , as it transpired my dog died on the Saturday before my divorce absolute on the Thursday , so I wasn't in the mood to celebrate . It's rather ironic as my wife paid for the dog as puppy and she died the same week I lost my wife !

Good for you Teresa!

I have noticed that ,in other peoples relationships, there are times that an ex can end up being a good friend. Sometimes to the point where they are better friends after the break up than before.

Perhaps this will be one of those times!

Banned Read only
    I mean I get it, your wife is making progress... But I have to ask why this is a thing to begin with. Even if your wife said "My (ex)husband will pick them up." and you show up en-femme. What's the big deal?

Back in my CD days I frequently answered ads selling woman's clothing with my female email but showed up in guy mode to pick up the clothes.

Nobody ever questioned me, they just wanted the money and couldn't care less about me being a guy.

Roberta,

It is probably a big thing for the ex-wife for her own reasons. As for Teresa, it just sounds like she was getting the lay of the land before venturing over to the house. I see no reason to question Teresa's inquiry to her ex.

Teresa,

I am also still friends with my ex and will be heading over to her house for dinner. I always joke with her that it is a free dinner for me! However, I also by the steaks, chops of chicken to grill for both of us too. After we are married to someone so long, that, unless it was a terrible divorce, amicability and friendship is really the better way to go in the long run. I think of my ex almost like a sister. I got into arguments with my sister and still get into arguments with my ex. I still love her as part of my immediate family.

Allie

The title made me think it was some sort of scam....... :-)

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    Yes I agree she could have been vindictive and said , " My ex-husband " but she didn't , for her that is one big step forward . I can't answer if it was a big deal for the two ladies I met , I had my mask on which didn't bother me one way or the other as I don't need it to hide behind .

Alllie ,
    I have to admit I wasn't worried about going as Teresa because that is me now but I was surprised my wife asked me knowing how I would look . I try not to get into arguments with my wife anymore , I hoped I was done with all that .

Michelle,
    Call me cynical but there is always a price to pay with my ex

Hello! Hello! Who's your lady friend?
    Who's the little girlie by your side?

(Surely someone will recognise this?)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U may have lost your puppy, Teresa, but not your wife. You're still in communication and doing favors for her. She's simply your EX wife now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    At least since the lady was a little bit deaf, you didn't have to worry about your male voice giving you away.

Banned Read only
    Nvlady,
    I don't make that a problem , no one appears to care or gives me a strange look my base voice has gone anyway due to a throat problem .

Angela,
    Only ones that don't mind showing their age ! I can't remember who sang the original version .

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Hello! Hello! Who's your lady friend?
    Who's the little girlie by your side?

(Surely someone will recognise this?)
    She wasn?t the girl I saw you with at Brighton

Platinum Member
    I am glad you are staying in contact with your ex and can communicate about mundane aspects of life without rancor. I think I would rather like it if either of my ex wives were to refer to me as a friend.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt