Thread: How do you want to be remembered 30, 60, 100 years from Now ?

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD

Question How do you want to be remembered 30, 60, 100 years from Now ?

Most people are remembered up to 30 years after they are no longer around. It's about two generations.

. Do you want to be remembered more that 30 years ?
    . Have you prepared anything to be memorialized with ?
    . Do you want people to know about your TG/CD after you are no longer around ?
    . How would you like to handle your TG/CD legacy ?
    . What will you do with things like photos of yourself ?

For myself I think it would be interesting to be remembered or at least to be able to be found and to be read about for about 100 to 200 years.
    I've started writing my own biography just so that I'll have my life story down for future generations, that is if anyone care to read it LOL.
    I've scanned photos and pictures of other things that are important in my life and have been preparing a few places to post everything.
    In my will, I've made a small provision to distribute an electronic file to people who are important to me .

I think that all of my experiences including my CD/TG experience are important.

For me it's a bit of an exercise in thinking about what's possible, a bit like putting out an an electronic time capsule to the future.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Silver Member
    When I die, there will probably be no one left in my life. All of my loved ones are at end of life or already passed away. I guess the state will take what I have when I pass away. My life will probably just end up in a dumpster. Depressing to think about. I deeply regret not having children and a family, biggest regret of my life.

I think it’s pretty vain to think that any of us remembered 100 years from now. I work with a lot of 20-somethings and they don’t even know some of the biggest celebrities of the 80s. I’m fine returning to the inexorable anonymous stream of time.

I have lost someone close to me every year for the last three years. I will always remember them but I don't think many others will.

If after I die anyone knows I ever existed, that's a win. 👍🏾

Life is like riding a motorcycle past an old cemetery from the 1700s here in New England...Ive stopped and look at many of the gravestones. I look for revolutionary heroes etc... I guess mine can say veteran/CDr....As for my electronic files, all will be disposed properly (shredded as best as possible).
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

30 years?? 🤨 . . I'm OK if I'm not remembered 30 minutes from now! 🤷.

- L.

This touches on things we are not allowed to mention here, Those who love me will remember me. Other than that, people remembering me isn?t important to me.

Banned Read only
    Kelly,
    It's possibly wishful thinking we would be remembered for more than a few years after we've passed on .

My wife has seen photographs I took well over thirty years ago hanging in people's homes when she's visted them through her health care work . Some of my work will be archived for a long time . I've sold paintings which may hang on walls for some time to come .

I would like to make my mark now possibly through my art as a TG person , I'm not ashamed of that part of my life as I feel it contibutes to my creative process .

If you have an active life involving the public we possibly don't realise how much of an impact we've had until they recall the memories at your wake . I know I've made a few waves in my life , I hope it wasn't all in vain when I'm gone .
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-06-2020 at 06:56 AM.

On a practical note, if you have electronic files (i.e. pictures, videos, etc.) that you do not necessarily want others to find once you are gone, I recommend you get a software program called VeraCrypt. This is free software. It will allow you to create a "virtual drive" on your computer where you can lock all of your sensitive files in. It's password protected and very difficult to break in to (be careful to remember your password - you are hooped without it).

Of course this does nothing for the dresses, shoes, and lingerie you will leave behind. At least your personal electronic files will be hidden away from all prying eyes.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 11-06-2020 at 07:07 AM.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Frank Zappa was asked the same question during an interview. He said he didn't want to be remembered!

I imagine I'll only be remembered by people that I've actually met during my life; mostly close friends. And opinions may vary. It really isn't important to be remembered long after dying is it?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

A few will remember me, my children for one and hopefully if I live long enough my grandchildren. I just want them to always remember the love I had for them and how I tried to be the best father possible. Of course in 100 years no one. I only hope that my children and grandchildren, and their children grow up in a world of peace and prosperity, and one where mankind has overcome hatred and divisions to live together as one. If I knew this would happen my last years on earth would be blissful.

Banned Read only
    If you have children, their children will remember you and that's about it. Even people who had very public profiles are lost to time after a couple of decades. Ultimately, it's only the people who really cared about you who will cherish your memory. The other six billion people on this planet simply move on.

Banned Read only
    I am out and not famous enough to care about what anyone in the future thinks about me.

Who here really thinks anyone will even know you existed 100 years from now?

I am sure my ancestors existed, or I would not be here but I don't know a single thing about them beyond the countries they were from.

I hold a masters degree. The thesis is printed on non acid washed 100% rag paper in a locked-temperature controlled university archive on a shelf. My thesis advisor said that that document may well be there for 300 years.

Interesting.

I concur on the open source program Vera Crypt. I am a Linux user and very familiar with Vera Crypt and its predecessor True Crypt. The program allows users to create virtual drives sized by the user and the program boasts military level encryption. The only way anyone access your files is to find your user and password in written form. No worries about anyone ever accessing personal files. Now if I could just figure out how to encrypt clothing, makeup and jewelry.

As far as any legacy goes, unless one is some kind of public figure the name on their headstone is likely going to be their only legacy. Relatives pass after a couple generations and thinking back I know very little about my great grandparents. My mother died in 1962 and father in 1965 and few aside from a handful of older relatives remember them. I never knew them as an adult so even their own son?s memories have gotten kind of foggy. The idea of anyone remembering us unless we have achieved some type of celebrity is slim to none.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I really appreciate all of the replies. One of the reasons I like to think about how one is remembered is that I love to read and watch biographies. I especially like to hear about how someone's life is influenced by others.
    One thing that is notable in my life is how much encouragement i've received both directly and indirectly from the members of this forum .

I'm not sure if i'll be remembered a week or a year after, but I think everyone has something to contribute to future generations.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Heck, I'm happy if someone remembers me on my birthday - and I'm still around!

Pretty much no one thinks about me now while I'm alive, so I don't think anyone will be thinking about me after I'm dead. Perhaps the people whose college costs I paid for will remember me, and maybe they'll pay it forward and help some other people who can't afford it, to go to school. That's about the most I could hope for, but I didn't do it so people would remember me, I just did it because it was the right thing to do.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    In a hundred years there will be all new people! So, no one will be remembered!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Other than the embarrassment they will feel when they clean out my belongings, nobody will remember me.

Karen Sue

I guess I don't care if someone remembers me or not, but I think I will be remembered as a decent, loving person, with a side order of B.S.!

As for Cd'ing, that might come as a surprise to them when they clean out my house!

Platinum Member
    My daughter signed me up for a biographical site; Story Worth. It's basically writing down your thoughts on subjects that are either prompted by a vast list of questions or self entered questions. I started sometime after my birthday. My wife had been after me for some time to write down my thoughts of my life. She sort of zeroed in on writing down my military experiences. I think she got that idea from watching too much television shows about "The Greatest Generation." Get those guys talking before they are all dead. Hidden down in my hard drive are some memories best forgotten. However, I have started writing about my life and my relationship with my grandparents and parents. Why? There are times when I think I wish I took more interest in my grandparents and parents lives before my birth. Maybe all this creative writing will answer some questions or none. But, if anyone cares fifty or a hundred years from now the answers will be there.

Since only my spouse knows about my crossdressing, I don't want that to be part of my rememberance.

I have spoken with my family and told them this is exactly what I want. To be cremated with my ashes taken to our favorite beach and spread in the surf. What I don't want: a funeral, a memorial, any type of service. I don't want peoples last memory of me to be laying in a box. I want them to remember me as I am in live, a responsible family person, who loved his family and friends, who worked hard for what we have and what I was able to provide for my family. I nice person.

How you will be remembered depends on who you leave behind. We still talk about my grandparents, now gone for decades. Not a week goes by when we don't make reference to parents who have passed on (I felt some pangs today thinking of my mom who passed in 2012). We remember their character, their heart, and how they influenced us. I think my kids carry on how I look on people I have known and cared about, and they will think kindly of me, even if they find out about my quirky hobby, which is actually a very small aspect of me.