Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running into people you know or know you

Am I the only one to just walk up to and talk to those I know? I had a 30 minute conversation with an old friend and he didn't bat an eye. I have always said I dont hide it but I dont really advertise it either. I did ask one friend if a skirt made my butt look big with a photo sent. I did know she would be accepting though.

Like Natalee, I mostly shop online to avoid this. But I am involved in community theatre so I always have that as an out for strange purchases.

I had a close call at the mall of America Macy?s last year I was in the women?s department and had just purchased a skirt and sweater as I was leaving the register counter a very close friend of my wife?s walked by just out of sight another 30 seconds and she would have been right where I was standing not sure how I would explain that one my wife and her Text/talk daily.

Banned Read only
    JenniferMBlack,
    No I will chat to anyone now whether I knew them in male mode or not , I find no one has a problem .

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMBlack View Post
    Am I the only one to just walk up to and talk to those I know? I had a 30 minute conversation with an old friend and he didn't bat an eye. I have always said I dont hide it but I dont really advertise it either. I did ask one friend if a skirt made my butt look big with a photo sent. I did know she would be accepting though.
    I would image there are many that are not completely out, and/or in a DADT relationship that want to avoid any contacts with people they know from the male side of life.

If you are 100% out, dress all the time, then why would you avoid contact with people you know, unless they negative.

Banned Read only
    Pumped,
    It's not just being out 100% but also accepting your shortcomings and learning to live with them , I have male traits I'll never lose and I don't change my voice . It is the visual impact of the first few minutes that they either accept you or they don't , not necessarily passing but ticking enough boxes so they feel comfortable , they then tend to overlook the male telltales .

Years and years ago when I was still terrified of even being near an open window; I decided to go way out of town and do some shopping for Halloween. Not a costume, but a nice evening wear ensanble.

I drove two hours to Cleveland to an upscale mall. I walk around and my courage builds and I finally I walk into Macy's. I shop and find most of my outfit and I'm in the shoe department trying on shoes when I hear a voice "Michelle? Michelle is that you?" I looked up and it was Carole and a friend. At the time Carole was not my bff but we had a bond and she was fully aware of Michelle. She introduced me to her friend; Christa, and told me that Christa's husband was a trucker and they had moved up to Cleveland.

I was a bit nervous at first but then thought "What the hell, I'm never going to run into the woman again". We chat and end up going and grabbing a Pizza and head back to Christa's place for a kinda "Girls night".

Well...all that sounds fine, until we start talking. She asks me if I lived in Granville with Carole and I told her I did. She then says "I grew up in Granville, I lived on "Smith" street and my Dad still does. Carole without thinking says "Oh, Michelle lives on Smith St". Then kinda looked at me with an "oppsie" in her eyes. I asked her what her fathers name was and hoped he lived several blocks away. "Mark Jones. Do you know him?".

My literal next door neighbor. And one that I am very friendly with.

"No, no. I don't think I have ever met your father".

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Pumped,
    It's not just being out 100% but also accepting your shortcomings and learning to live with them.
    I never said 100% passable, just 100% out.

You can be 100% out and still be a MIAD.

While not involving dressing I was on vacation driving overnight to our destination. Around 3 in the morning and about 700 miles from home I pulled into a gas station to fill up my tank. While pumping fuel up pulls another car. Turns out its my neighbor.

I was talking to a person I work with who told me he was overseas with his wife on vacation. They were walking on a beach and ran into their neighbors.

You just never know.

Banned Read only
    Pumped,
    I think you misunderstood , I didn't say 100% passing and also I'm not out as a MIAD , my point was people will accept you or not fairly quickly if they see enough female traits and tend to overlook the telltale male traits , like voice or in my case big hands .