Thread: Free shopping month

Free shopping month

Don't forget, Christmas shopping "officially" starts a week from tomorrow. For the next month after that, and CDer can shop for any femme clothes and even get help from GG SA. Isn't Christmas wonderful!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Platinum Member
    Yeah, if the stores are not closed down due to covid. I saw the infections for today were a bit under 200,000 and deaths a little under 2,400. You may be shopping on line some more.

Reality Check
    I have not found businesses closed in my part of the country, but masks are required.
    Krisi

Actually, you can do your shopping anytime as you can always use the excuse that you are buying your SO a gift ( if you are nervous about shopping for yourself).

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nothing like Halloween! When u can try on any fem item IN THE STORE and no one gives it a 2nd thot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    This is another farce like thinking that we can dress up on Holloween and nobody will suspect a thing.

As I have said many times in the past.

Be upfront and honest with store staff and you will probably get better service, a better fit, and be happier with your purchase.

Remember it's "the lying and deception" that people hate the most about crossdressing.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 11-19-2020 at 04:10 PM.

I shop in the women's section all the time and buy bras and panties and occasionally a dress or two, oh, and don't forget the high heels I have bought. The time of year means nothing.

My wife and I hit DSW a while back. She bought 4-5 pairs of heels and I bought a couple pairs. Hers are 6-1/2, mine are 10. Not one word as we checked out. I can't help but believe the clerk had to suspect that the heels were for me too, but I wonder how often husbands and wives come in together and buy high heels for each other.

I remember buying a pretty bubble gum pink bra and panties. The clerk looked at me and said they would look good on me, I told her that is why I bought them! I think she got more embarrassed than I did. I still wonder if she really thought they were for me, or I was just messing with her right back!

I’ve never needed “cover” to shop.

This is actually more intended to give newby shoppers the confidence they need to shop in brick and mortar stores.

I don't think I'm fooling anyone, but it just tends to reduce the awkward comments. I don't usually cover shop anymore, but I'm also not totally honest. Like a comment I get a lot is , "She'll love these." I could be totally honest and say, "I'm sure I will", but I usually respond, "I'm sure she will." In my response, she means Steffi, not my wife. But, I usually try clothes on in the store. If it's a woman-only store, I usually ask permission, rather than forgiveness.

Most larger stores don't really have SA that help you select shoe, the kind of SAs I go used to at Dress Barn.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Years ago I was shopping for some summer tops. The sales girl asked if I knew the size my girlfriend wore. I just said that it was for me. This threw her off balance for a bit and I said well, you probably already know anyway. To which she replied yes but just that nobody ever admits it! After that she was gleefully helping me find things.

Went to a franchise in our local Supermarket. I picked up a pair of purple shoes&asked i they had a size 6as my Daughter was looking for a pair.Only ones we have are there on display said the S/A. More rumaging in the display -found some shoes &took them to the S/A at the counter. Ah she said you found some! no says i these are size 10&are for me! the rest of the transaction was carried out in silence....... &yes i was in "drab work clothes" !

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    If it's a woman-only store, I usually ask permission, rather than forgiveness.
    IMHO: Asking for permission to shop predicates the myth that we are doing something wrong, and we know it.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 11-20-2020 at 10:35 AM.

I wouldn?t go anywhere near a store where I live right now. They are advising us not to host visitors from outside our household for Thanksgiving. We order groceries and do our other shopping through Amazon. As I have stated many times I am in a DADT so I can?t accept deliveries of women?s clothing addressed to me and not expect consequences. I have to wait in frustration until it?s over and I will have a lot of catching up to do when I can get out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    If it's a woman-only store, I usually ask permission, rather than forgiveness.
    I have a hard time understanding this too. If you want to shop, why would anyone care? If you don't want to make any waves, you are buying something for your SO.

I am not out, and once in a while a SA will stop and talk to me. I just tell them I am just killing some time and looking for my wife as I like to buy her clothing. Which is true, I often do. They pretty much always respond, "Oh, that is so sweet, I which my husband would do that for me, but he won't even walk into a store!" I end up looking like a hero, shopping for my wife. Sometimes I get more help than I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    IMHO: Asking for permission to shop predicates the myth that we are doing something wrong, and we know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    I have a hard time understanding this too. If you want to shop, why would anyone care? If you don't want to make any waves, you are buying something for your SO.

I am not out, and once in a while a SA will stop and talk to me. I just tell them I am just killing some time and looking for my wife as I like to buy her clothing. Which is true, I often do. They pretty much always respond, "Oh, that is so sweet, I which my husband would do that for me, but he won't even walk into a store!" I end up looking like a hero, shopping for my wife. Sometimes I get more help than I want!
    I don't ask "to shop"; I ask to try on. I usually shop in male mode. If I'm shopping at New York and Company (RIP), Forever 21, Zara or Charlotte Russe (RIP), I'll shop without asking, but I will ask to use the changing rooms, which are women only. At DressBarn (RIP), I knew that I could try on clothes there, but once would want to put me in a changing room that wasn't right next to a mother shopping with a young (pre-teen) young daughter.

Also, when I ask to use a dressing room I might ask, "Is it OK if ...", where I'm asking for permission. Other times I say, "I would like to try these on", with the expectation that it's permitted.

Well, that makes more sense. I understood it as you were asking permission to shop. If they have dressing rooms for women only, I would certainly ask in that situation.

Banned Read only
    Well Steph I can't say I have ever been in a store who's fitting rooms were women only. Because I have never been denied trying women's clothing on while presenting as male or female.

I usually assume if you're in a store that only sells women's clothes that the dressing rooms are designated women only. just like if you were in "Men's Warehouse" that all the dressing rooms would be designated male.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 11-20-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Banned Read only
    You would be wrong in that assumption

Now I have been told to use the men's fitting rooms when presenting as male in a store that had gendered fitting rooms. But in any store that does not have separate they have to allow you to use them.

I suppose some little boutique might be able to get away with refusing, but not a chain like Dress Barn, Torrid, or Lane Bryant.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 11-21-2020 at 12:23 PM.

I guess I don't know about women only changing rooms, as I have been in many with my wife helping her pick clothing. Granted, I am not the one changing, but I am going in and out bringing her different sizes or colors. These were woman's clothing stores, no men's at all. Many were higher priced stores. I can't remember not being allowed in the changing rooms.

I remember one store we were in the one clerk kept dragging me around the store and selecting things for my wife, then she would tell me to bring this to her in the changing room and she would look some more. We broke the only 3 items in the changing room many times over! I asked the gal if she worked commission and she said no, but she enjoys her job.

I've already begun.
    Now if the delivery services would just hurry up...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I do remember when I was very nervous shopping in male mode i was amazed at the positive no big deal response from sales associates when I finally told them I was shopping for myself most said they have CD customers that come in on a regular basis. Thanks to this forum I realized it?s nothing to be ashamed of.