Thread: Birthday gift for me

Birthday gift for me

My wife and I were going Christmas shopping, trying to get that out of the way. On the way into the store she said, I don't know what to get you for your birthday. I said not to worry about it. As we were leaving the store, I saw a Goodwill store across the street. This happens to be the store where we bought my first dress. When I turned into the Goodwill parking lot, she asked why we were stopping here. I just said, Birthday gift. She smiled. We looked at all of the large dresses and I had set aside 4 for consideration. As I was trying to decide, she said they are not very expensive, just buy them all. Did not take me long to get that done.

This third time shopping with her was so comfortable. I think I could do it alone now, but enjoy the experience together.

That night she asked if I was going to give her a fashion show. Shopping is one thing, but trying them on at the store is another for me, at least right now. One dress fits wonderfully, a white, black and yellow print with flared skirt. One is an evening dress with crossover wrap top that is a bit snug. The third is very short. The last was too tight. We talked about returning it, but she said she might just keep it for herself. She washed all four and hung the short one to dry per instructions. The next morning I was getting dressed when she asked, You are not going to wear what I set out for you?, referring to the one she had hung. She was half joking and half serious. So I put it on and she said, Wow, that one is short. I kind of like it that way. Easy access. Happy Birthday.

We have been on quite a journey in the last year. Dressing has not been regular, but sufficient. I am so fortunate to have a wife who loves me no matter what kind of clothes I am wearing. She just sees me.

Now if we can just get past Covid and reschedule the party I talked about before that opened this door!

Thanks for listening. Good to not feel alone.

That is awesome, Jacke! I really enjoy shopping with my wife too. She makes it way more fun. I'm glad you found some dresses that you like. Hope you have a great Birthday!

Platinum Member
    You're very fortunate to have such an accommodating wife. As a retiree it must be great to be able to be en femme in your home and not be in the closet about it. Since my wife retired and the covid lock downs my ability to be en femme has been zeroed out. Hurry up with that vaccine.

Really nice story Jacke, all the best to the both of you.
    Be the best you, be the true you.
    That said, I love faceapp so much I change my avatar daily

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYEWpv7Ue0RFVaE/html5

Btw. Happy Birthday Jacke hope it?s even more than your shopping adventure.

Happy Birthday Jacke!! Shopping with someone else is always so much fun, especially if it's your significant other. Glad you get to have that connection with her 😊

Hi Jacke,

That is a great birthday gift!

Marion

Jacke, What a wonderful story, your wife is a real gem. Lucky you!
    Crissy

I love happy post like this. Have fun Jacke

That's wonderful, I love waking up to a happy and positive story. I'm so happy for you and the great relationship you have with your wife. Even in these tuff times there's always a happy story.

Great adventure Jacke. Glad you had a fun birthday.