Thread: Further along on the spectrum

Further along on the spectrum

My wife and I were talking the other day and the issue of National Transgender Remembrance day came up. Now my wife knows I dress. I told her on our 2nd date. She is supportive, buys me clothes when we are out, etc. She prefers not to go out with me, and asks that I be very circumspect around our neighbors. Reasonable requests which I am more than happy to follow. Anyway we were talking about transition. She asked if I had ever considered that. I told her perhaps if I were younger, not married with no children possibly. She was quite surprised; but she knows I would not consider it at this point. My family comes first and I think the consequences would be too much. In any event she knows I identify as Transgender; at least to myself. It was somewhat of a relief to at least acknowledge that; but I think she has known all along.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 11-27-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Banned Read only
    Angela,
    It's so good to read you had "the talk " at least you both are now on the same page , it's so much harder when you are forced to go it alone and try and swim against the tide .

I'm glad to say I haven't lost my family despite now being divorced , I feel I'm respected for being honest and sticking to my true feelings .

Platinum Member
    Seems you had a very healthy conversation...one of many perhaps over your long relationship. It seems to me that part of what the changing society has given us is a language for that conversation. The word transition didn?t have a meaning in context of what I knew about myself 40 or 50 years ago. I just recall being both attracted and repelled by the notion of becoming a woman...like Renee Richards and a few others I?d learned about through the media.

Now, with all the new information and with so many role models, I suppose the concept of transition comes to mind with any one of us living this unusual life and of course contemplated by our partners...either with curiosity or fear.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt