Thread: When did you notice?

When did you notice?

Let me say Im really not sure where to post this. If it needs to be moved. I do understand.

Ever since I came out as trans last winter/spring. I have been noticing a change on how woman talk to me. Not in a bad way, but in a good way. Ill give you ladies a few examples. Last month when I saw my waxing lady. We talked mostly girl talk, or what I think is girl talk. As we were talking. She forgot I wasn't a cis woman, and said some thing I can't recall what, but it was confirming how she see me. She said she was sorry. I sat up, and looked at her her with a smile, and said thanks.

Then yesterday, and two weeks ago. I went to get my nails filled. I wasn't dressed up, or wearing makeup. Just sweats and a t shirt both times. The nail tech loves me after 2 times. Well seeing a man in a nail salon. That peeked the interest of the ladies sitting next to me. Two weeks ago. The lady was more or less interested in why I'm in there, and after my nail tech spoke for me. I didn't have a chance to answer. She was cool, and treated me like any other woman. Yesterday I sat down next to a woman that was all ready in work. She was more open, and really didn't care, and her and my nail tech. Kept trying for me to get super long nails. As she was leaving. I was getting a pedicure, and she walked over to me. Just to say good by, and it was nice to meet me.

I don't know if this is normal, or it the fact. I've recently been enjoying more time as my self, but it makes me feel good. I also know they could be doing this to be nice. That hasn't slipped my mind, but even if they are. Ill take any positivity I can get.

Banned Read only
    Ericka,
    The point is you are showing a femme side of yourself to women occupied in the beauty industry , they are so use to chatting with women they are obviously comfortable chatting to you . I found this when shopping for shoes in male mode , I was often told i was lucky because i could wear heels , it's suprising how many women can't .

Some will say they only do it for business reasons but I found CDers and TG people intrigue them , OK they may go back to the restroom and have a giggle about it .
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-28-2020 at 08:54 AM.

I've had many pedicures. Both dress in fem(Fem Tee shirt. bra/forms and ladies jean shorts) and
    as a average male (Atlanta Braves tee shirt golf shorts and hat).

Women always chat me up dressed either way. always in a good way.

Maybe its just a man in a predominately fem environment.

Last year I told my tech I was going on vacation. She and the owner tried their best to get me
    to let them paint my nails red and with palm trees on my big toes. My wife would have had a heart attack lol.

"We Intrigue them?" That's probably true.

Ericka, there is a huge mountain of psychology behind that. You are in their environment and doing what they do and talking like they do because on some level you are like them. Women, in general, are more accepting of differences than men. Their very well developed ability to be empathic allows them to sense sincerity far better than most males who are taught to be dominant. However, there is still a wide range of empathic abilities and some women are more like the generalized view of men - not being particularly empathic. However, there are some men who are much more empathic than some women.

Also, women like to see sensitivity and a bit of femininity in men. That has been demonstrated many times in studies of how women react to variations in male-like gender behaviors. A study done about 20 years ago found that the happiest women are in marriages where the man shows a noticeable degree of femininity in emotions. The least happy women were women who were very feminine married to a rather extreme masculine man. And those marriages, which in the past were viewed as ideal, contain a great deal of tension as a result of the male not allowing the female to have any freedom to make her own decisions. It is the gender binary concept applied in the extreme. Doesn't really work anymore.

For you though, those reactions show you that there is something about you that allow women to accept you, maybe not as one of them, but someone who appeals to their ideal friend or even mate. You are rare in their eyes and that peaks their curiosity as well as their sensibility about whether someone is safe.

Do I experience that? Sometimes I do and more often than I don't. I have always liked being around women, not as sexual prey, but on their level as much as I can. I love girl talk and apparently implement it pretty well. That was not by design; even as a small boy I readily engaged in girl talk with girls and grown women. But if I start showing some stronger masculinity the traffic light changes from green to yellow. How they react is not them; it is me. If you start talking about some subjects the flashing caution neon lights pop up all over the place. Interestingly though with some women, the light remains green. Women are very much like men - they vary.

Platinum Member
    I think Gretchen covered the subject pretty well.

I recall a family gathering on a Christmas Eve many decades ago, when I was 8 years old. I had a new nephew, just 6 months old. He was fussy and I ended up holding and comforting him until he fell asleep. Several of my aunts got into a conversation with me about how good I was with the baby. They meant to be complimentary, but I was mortified that I?d once again betrayed myself by displaying a feminine trait.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U must remember trans r not often seen by the average Muggle. We r an oddity! So, as Teresa said, we can pique people's curiosity!

Unfortunately, men often feel threatened by us. But, women r not. Few of us r that stunning!

This is why I don't enjoy dressing out to vanilla venues. Because when I'm dressed I'm a distraction and EVERYONE treats me differently than in drab!
    I don't go out shopping or grabbing a bite to get attention. I just want to to my business and go!

Those of u that don't mind attention, like Teresa? More power too u!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-28-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I don't want to sidetrack this thread too much but I'm wondering what the bottom line is with men feeling threatened ? Recently when out with a dog walking friend I've met a lady I knew many years ago , we chat about old times but I've noticed her husband keeps his distance . The lady told me that Jim was OK with my appearance as long as I wasn't gay , I feel like telling him it's not contagious ! Obvioulsy he has a problem not me but I often think we touch a nerve in some guys which they find unsettling .

A lot of men I believe that are threated by us. Is because we have a penis, and the male ego. I could spend hours looking this stuff up on google. Its kind of fumy how straight men view us. We are either a sex toy, a freak, or a true love. Depending in the mans views.

I saw my waxing lady yesterday, and told her my last few experiences in public. She pretty munched echoed a lot of what you ladies said.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I think Gretchen covered the subject pretty well.
    GretchenM along with Kim always cover whatever the subject is pretty well
    Crissy