Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seasonal?

Seasonal?

Hi,
    Doing some baking yesterday (in "drab"but with heels on !) when the thought struck me --do you find the pink fog ,the urge or the curse is seasonal? By this i mean perhaps its stronger in Spring &perhaps autumn.While i am aware its not done to wear a bra under a T shirt if underdressing i pondered the question while rolling out the pastery.......
    Liz

For me is not, Actually I would not describe it as pink fog anymore since it’s 24/7.

I'm not sure I'd call it seasonal. But for some reason, August is my most "male" month. Most likely due to the summer heat and (pre covid) being out straight with both jobs.

Seasonal? A definite Nope. It?s there 24/7. No complaints, mind you.

Banned Read only
    Liz,
    The seasons don't worry me too much as it gives a variety to the wardrobe , I have some lovely jackets and boots for the winter and colourful choices for the spring and summer .
    The only down side is the Xmas period especially this years due to Covid 19 restrictions , pink fog no longer drifts through my life .

Seasonal, no. It is however a hit miss when I feel like dressing up as Amanda. Today right now it doesn't feel like it. But tomorrow who knows.
    Amanda

No, it's never been seasonal.
    The only thing seasonal for me is what I wear.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Liz, I hate wearing my hip pads in the summer. Beyond that, it's all the same year round.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    I would not describe my desire to dress as a seasonal phenomenon, but I do have certain outfits when I want to dress up for holidays...whether alone, in public or with friends.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi,
    It was just a thought while rolling out the pastery---TabNabs.jpg
    For the moment my "pink fog"has rolled out to sea....

Platinum Member
    Pre-covid and before my wife fully retired the months where I did not have the opportunity to freely dress were July and August. She was a school teacher. If I was single I'd be dressing whenever I felt the pull. I do not pass so my jaunts outside the home are in the evening. During the summer there is daylight in the Pacific Northwest way past 9 PM. I like the late fall and winter months because darkness comes early which provides some "cover" for drives and strolls.

I like baking too. I do it en drab or en femme, but, if in fem it is a dress, heels and hosiery, etc. Totally, al la June Cleaver.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    The cooler seasons make it simpler to hide in plain sight for the closet CD. So I guess there is something in what you say. I hate being sweaty in DRAB as much as dressed. Inevitably being dressed often means more under my outward appearance. At the end of the day I preflare to be comfortable in what I'm wearing, so perhaps I do dress less in the hotter months. Not something I have made a note of though. Always just me.

Hi,
    I find a skirt in Summer better than shorts, even if the "skirt"is a kilt!Baking in heels --i find it hard to get flour out of sweade shoes........
    Liz

I will have an eccles cake! Also my pink fog has been replaced by a shimmering haze that I do not get lost in very much anymore. But I do prefer getting out in the warmer months in my summer skirts and dresses and not worrying about a coat.

Actually, they are Chorley cakes........

It is pretty seasonal for me. In the warmer months I have lots of outside work that keeps me busy. That, together with the warm, sweaty weather, means I hardly ever dress from May through September. It also coincides when the kids used to be home for summer vacation, and I never had the place to myself. An old habit.

another "NO" vote from me. I'm pretty constant in my desire - year round.

Not seasonal it's you r or r not ,

Nothing is more comfortable in the summer than a wispy, knee-length sundress with spaghetti straps...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

The only thing that varies in my life is opportunity which is generally more often in a normal summer. Yard work and the dirty, greasy and outdoor projects wear me out to the point I could have dressed sometimes but couldn?t get up out of the recliner after a day in the garage or yard.

Banned Read only
    Nope not at all.

There is no "crossdressing season".

Thing is folks i was wondering what (if anything) triggers the "pink fog, the urge, the curse ? " Mine has gone ...........
    Liz

I think the fog of pinkness is brought on by the limitations that some live with. If you can not necessarily dress when you want then the mind will fill in the gaps. Warmer months typically put more traditionally feminine clothing on display so that might also get the need for a lighthouse going as well.

In the past most of my dressing was during the cooler months so I could wear long sleeve dresses and sweaters to cover the hair/size on my arms but after loosing some weight and changing my workouts to mostly cardio and light weights this last summer I ventured out in both short sleeve and above the knee summer style dresses and it was great! So to answer the question when I first stared dressing it was seasonal but now Im looking forward to next summer.

Yeah, the pink fog comes and goes. But for me it’s more on an hourly basis than a seasonal one.