Thread: In a past life ???

In a past life ???

There's a thread posted about what you may have been in a past life.

I used to go for a massage regularly from a woman who was very "new age".

I always tensed up when she went to massaging my neck. One time she asked me about why I tensed up to much. She told me to tell her the first thing that came to my mind. Well, that first thing was a short video memory of a past event. I was a girl, and I had a black "page boy" hair style. Someone (I assume a man) comes up behind me an puts me in a chokehold around the neck. I turn my head, and then everything goes black.

I have a very visual memory under stressful situations, but I can't remember anything that happened either before or afterwards. But, it seems like I may have been a girl/woman in a previous life and that my life ended violently and unexpectedly. I keep thinking that maybe I really am a girl inside.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Is THAT the only thing u can think of that mite explain your memory? I'm betting if u ever visit an experienced therapist?

They could provide u with a lot more options!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-29-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Interesting bit of math. More people are alive today than all of the Homo sapiens that have ever lived. So, there aren?t many past human lives to have been lived. And if you included just those lives, most were very short and ended unpleasantly. If you include say, all homonid ancestors, the lives were even shorter and most ended by being eaten.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Who ever said that you have to be homo sapiens in you past live(s)?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Platinum Member
    I've never heard anyone claim all persons have had a past life experience. My wife would watch a television show which had a short run about kids who had past life experiences. It seems most of the kids lose these memories as they age and usually no longer have them past four. Of course, if anyone repeats a memory often enough it will become ingrained in the mind. One of my co-worker's son would describe in great detail when his grandfather's RV ran off the road and flipped on its side. The kid had not even been born yet. He just heard it so often he became part of the experience. When my wife was interested in this show I did do some reading on it. I did digress this evening before commenting to refresh my mind. Some of the documented cases seem legitimate. I do find overly dismissive attitudes about things that are contrary to belief structures to be ...funny.

Me? My brother and I were born after WW2. Mom, dad, brother and I lived with dad's mother until I was 3 years 5 months. We moved to a brand new apartment building which obviously had no history. No ghosts! When we moved in my brother (age 4 1/2) and I still slept in cribs since we had no new furniture. That's just a time reference for me. When I was finally in a bed I started to have some totally frightening and weird recollections/dreams. I saw myself laying dead in the mud as a woman attired only in a white slip. Nothing else other than laying in the mud dead. No assault before. No picking up the body later. Just that. How the heck did a four year old pick up an image like that. We did not have a television set. I did not read newspapers. Where does a little kid pick something like that up.

At some point in time my parents sneaked an illegal washing machine into the apartment. A total no-no. Before that she'd go to the complex's laundry room, wash and dry. She'd hang the laundry to dry in the hallway leading to the two bedroom. The line criss-crossed from one door jamb to another and back across which made it necessary to wade through the hanging laundry. I started to become fixated on her white slips she hanged to dry. I'd fondle them. I did like the feel of them. Ultimately I'd take them off the line and try them on. I even tried them on when they were wet/damp. Is there some correlation between the image of the young woman laying dead in the mud in a slip and my (her) fixating on the slips hanging the apartment.

Sometimes I have to chuckle to myself. If my wife and I ever restart "The Talk" about my cross dressing and my love for slips I'll have to bring that experience up. She does believe it is possible some have had a past life. I can blame it all on the dead girl.

Past lives are something that you either believe - or you don't. There doesn't seem to be any convincing the "don't" crowd and that's fine too.

My FEMALE past life memories:

Fairly well-to-do lady in frontier America (wooden sidewalks, mud streets, horses). Died in late childbirth (I'd guess 40's)

Brief flash of woman during the plague (Europe) - standing in a hospital, begging the doctor to save my children and offering myself to him if he would. He just shook his head tiredly and said there was nothing he could do.

Teenage girl on a late spring / early summer day (beautiful weather), lying in the grass with my boyfriend. We were "making out", and he was working on getting up under my (full length) skirt and undies. I knew we shouldn't be doing what we were, but it felt so "right".

Male ones included murdered priest, sailor, and plantation worker (peon),

And as for the argument that there are more people alive now than then - I have a theory about that, but this board isn't the place for that discussion.

I have to go along with Kim as the most logical way to look at it. Nevertheless, as a scientist, I also realize that there is so much in this Universe that we do not know all possibilities have some credence. We know there is so much we do not know because we are constantly discovering things that were never before seen and only theorized and sometimes discovered by a kind of serendipity. Past lives and memories from those lives invading our current life seems to be pure nonsense, and yet it remains a possibility even though we have no way to explain that kind of phenomenon using anything that we know about. Do I believe it happens? No. But I do accept the possibility that it does occur. In effect, the world of possibilities has no limit. But the world of probability does seem to have limits. Paradoxical.

It's a fascinating subject. I tend to believe in it due to my own experience that I do not actually remember. My whole life I have been deathly afraid of fire and I have never been burned. It's so bad I won't use a stove or oven (especially a gas one) and won't go near a grill because of the open flame. Even at a concert once while sitting far away in the upper seats, there were heavy pyrotechnics and when flames shot out from the stage and I could feel the heat I actually had to leave my seat to get away from it. One day with family my fear of fire came up in conversation and my mom mentioned that when I was around 2-3 years old I would always tell her about my 'other family'. She said I described everyone in detail and that I died in a fire at school when I was 5 years old. She even once recorded me telling her and it was really strange hearing it because at that age I obviously couldn't speak well yet. I don't remember telling her that stuff and maybe I made it up but like Stephanie said, what 2-3 year old makes up a story like that?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Some years ago, I embraced reality so hard that I cancelled out everything that was superstitious as opposed to things of genuine faith. In my personal belief, I know that a higher power logically exists.
    And I don't need any organised entity to tell me the only way to believe.
    Our basic being beyond the physical is such a wonderful amazing entity it's hard to believe it's all for nothing. Prior life? After life? So far there's been no revisitable confirmation.
    So, hopefully without offending anyone, that's where I stand.
    Was I something else in a past life? I don't know.
    Is there an afterlife? I hope so.
    All I know is that I've lived many different lives in this one.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Hi,
    I am out for a day ride on my motorbike , my mate is on his bike. We come to a town, both of us had never been there . Up ahead i KNEW we had to turn right&no i wasnt looking at a map,, travelling along the road i had this overpowering feeling i knew the town , that their was a railway station on the left up ahead--&so their was! It was the very strong feeling that i had been their before that puzzled me -- &still does!

Aspiring Member
    The Population Reference Bureau estimates that currently 7% of all the people in the last 50,000 years are alive today. https://www.prb.org/howmanypeoplehaveeverlivedonearth/

This would mean that every person alive today has experienced 14 reincarnations as humans. (on average)

I personally know a college professor who is a parapsychologist. She has researched reincarnation. She tells me that reincarnations change genders all the time. So it is highly likely that everyone on earth has experienced both genders in previous lives.

About half way through my 30+ years as a psychotherapist and hypnotherapist I became very interested in this topic. As an initial skeptic, I resisted most of the information that came my way. Until I observed a presentation from a Hypnotherapist who had been as skeptical as I, but described his personal experience, and how he got there.

Long story short: I have two "memories" that may be germane to this discussion. One of them involves what I believe to be my death in combat during WW2. ( I was born in May 1945) And, in the other, I am a young girl about 11 or 12 years old, walking alone along what appears to be a country road. I seem to be thinking about my growing breasts when everything goes black. No matter what I try, I have never been able to complete the scene. I suspect I may have been hit from behind by a vehicle and killed instantly.

My suspicion is that, if, indeed, my last thought was about growing my breasts, that may be the root of my current interest in bras and my own breasts.

And, I wonder if my previous military experience, regardless of how it ended, may have contributed to my level of comfort and ease with my own military career.

My first psychology professor had a story he shared with us that I won't bore you all with. But, the gist of it is that the more we learn the more we realize how much we don't know.

Reality Check
    The only past life I remember was as a young woman in Germany at the beginning of WW II. I died and was reincarnated as who I am today.

Seriously, I believe that there is no such thing as reincarnation and that when you are dead, you are dead. Period.
    Krisi

When I was in therapy during and after my divorce figuring out that I was actually ok, it was my wife's Borderline Personality Disorder that was the problem, we did some past life regressions sessions. Always the same two memories:

1. a young girl, maybe six or eight, dressed in a simple nightgown with a stuffed rabbit in her hand, in a big house, her parents sitting in the reading room, I could smell the smoke from my dads pipe as he read the paper, my mom sat by the fireplace doing needle work, kerosene lanterns lit the room. My mother got up and took my hand, leading me down the hall and up the stairs to my bedroom, I was so proud to finally have my own room, everything was wonderful, i felt so happy.
    From the things I remembered, I placed it somewhere at or just before the turn of the last century.

2. a young woman in some type of dressing room full of other young ladies, an older woman was there, possibly a chaperone, we were all n our underwear, not erotic, very conservative and indicative of possibly the 1920's I remembered feeling empowered, I had possibly just gotten my first real job. Again I was very happy.

We conjectured that possibly my dressing and gender dysphoria were holdovers or remnants of those times and maybe a subconscious effort to regain that happiness.

In the final analysis, who knows.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I don't know about "experienced therapist", but at a public psychic meeting, the person got 100% correct guessing when reading my wife but she wouldn't discuss my "multiple" in public - my kids thought it was very funny when she called me a "multiple".

I think all of us who can relate to these war or middle age movies, probably feel that "pull" that's probably a bit more than an interest.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz