Thread: Where is the Line?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would add that some of us who are unable to dress deal with some serious dysphoria at times. Judging by my personal experience and how I feel I think it's possible to be some level of transgender but still able to restrain ourselves. I went into therapy in February thinking I would have all the answers by now but I found out that answers still take time to work through. My oldest of three adult daughters spent four years in therapy before realizing/accepting that she was gay so these things can take time.

I liken it to someone who becomes a heavy drinker at a young age. A common theme is that the drinking delays their maturity and they continue to make childish decisions. Likewise a crossdresser under restrictive situations beyond their control is not free to find their comfortable place and consequently do not mature in their understanding of their place in the gender spectrum. This is simply a conclusion I came to based on personal experience so I could be guilty of faulty reasoning.

I have read experiences by those who know they are transgender but are unable to transition fully or partially. There are some saying they know but can't transition for a variety of reasons. The way I see it those individuals who were in situations that allowed them to go further are able to sort all of this out freely which hastens their progress. Say for example someone realizes they are transgender but looks at the price tag of something as basic as beard removal which is step one for many. What is that, a $20k or $30k procedure from start to finish and that is just the first of many procedures. I would imagine that in addition to health issues preventing some from HRT that many simply can't afford to transition.

I am still learning so please correct me if this is a flawed observation.
    Last edited by Star01; 12-01-2020 at 12:34 PM.