Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How close to the dream.

How close to the dream.

I have been wondering about achieving a look. I have admired certain aspects of female looks, and when dressing I hope to look presentable in those aspects. For example, I have long admired a nice set of legs, particularly when adorned in hosiery. How my legs look and show off is important to me, then. Altogether, I have an image of how I would like to look when presenting as a woman, a dream if you will. I have used computer face modifiers to estimate what look I might be able to achieve, with the proper skill set. I would estimate that I am somewhere between 50% and 70% there.

My question is: Do you have a 'dream image' and how close do you think you have gotten?

Aspiring Member
    My dream image is I don't look like a guy in a dress. I am good at 25' and happy with that. I am with you on great legs in nylons. Mine look decent, but still cut and scars.
    Sara

Banned Read only
    Geena,
    The problem with a deam image or any image come to that is that don't see yourself as other people do . OK I'd like to be a few years younger but that's not going to happen .

I'm wondering what you base your percentage figure on , what do you mean by being " There " ?

All we can do is try our best and hope it's enough to gain acceptance to be read as a woman and not a man .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-01-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Banned Read only
    I used to have this mental image of what I considered the "perfect" female body and I would always strive to attain that. I used to think I was pretty good at it, but after a few years of being honest with myself. I realized that I am never going to reach that goal of "perfection". So I changed from trying to "pass" to just being a Transwoman. Don't get me wrong the last thing I want is to be called a "guy in a dress" but I have no expectations of passing as a GG or AFAB.

Banned Read only
    My dream is simply to be passable, and I have long accepted that it simply isn't achievable for me.

I could go on hormones, have ffs, use padding, nail my makeup and dress in the perfectly blended outfit, but I'm 6ft5 and reasonably well built because I'm a triathlete.

As it stands, I simply go for a look that blends and makeup that's as good as possible.

Platinum Member
    Interesting question. In an ideal world I would be 100% passable as a tall, twenty-something Nordic blonde. Obviously, its 40 years too late and passable is not attainable. I have always aspired to blend in as best I can given my stature and other masculine tells. I really do not mind if people recognize that I am a transwoman, as long as I feel that I am presenting myself well and am treated with courtesy.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It is very beneficial to know what you want your end result to be (not that we ever reach the end, there is always one more thing). I always knew that I loved classic looks and vintage 30s through 50s styles. I feel very happy with where I am with regard to my makeup, clothes and overall appearance. But it will never be 100%.

I think I do pretty well when dressed; I'm 5ft 6 135-140 and toned. Most people treat me as a woman. But you never know if they are saying "thats a guy" But at this point in my life others opinion of me, excepting my loved ones and close friends, is irrelevant.

I have something of an image of a style, but when I picture myself in it, I often imagine myself in a museum or a gallery, and when people walk by, they are looking at the art and not noticing me.

Three years ago I dressed and looked in the mirror and was ready to throw in the towel! At 60 I was far from fem.
    I thought about movie magic and makeup, so I started learning about makeup techniques as much as I can and wow what a difference!
    Now I'm having trouble quitting this CD thing!
    It's amazing what makeup can do!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 11-30-2020 at 08:57 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I'm just getting started and I seem to be making progress with the Dressing part. My style is still not developed but I can wear most dresses and skirts if I get the sizes correct. Seems like XLarge fits Ok. Haven't tried make-up yet. But it looks very difficult. I have no help from my wife and no sisters growing up so any tips for a new trainee?? Suzih

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When I started dressing about 25 yeas ago, I nearly quit in my first year. Because I was SO DISCOURAGED by my image in the mirror!

Then, I gradually I discovered if I wanted to look like my dream woman I had to CHEAT!

Now at 77, I'm much closer to that image than I was at 50! Maybe I'm at 95%?

It is my opinion that if u want to look really pretty bad enuff? U will!

P1490749 (552x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Last two ports mention quitting and giving up. Who are you kidding, we can never quit and give up!

umm.... if I think I have the "dream image" does that mean I'm not dreaming hard enough or just that I'm very happy with my image?
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I finally got to a point where I am comfortable with what I looked like while dressed, and was going to start going out just to experience it. My makeup skills are much better and when dressing more my age things seem to click (Not to say that there's anything wrong with age inappropriate dressing ). Now if only I could only go hairless I think I'd be almost there, maybe 85%. Then I came out to my wife, things have come to a screeching halt, for now...
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

Many years ago in a support group we discussed the passable vs. other degrees of passability goals. On the one hand was the seeking of the perfectly passable woman and we generally decided that is pointless because you are male. And for the other side it is impossible to be a perfectly passable man because you are female. But we settled on a concept of presentable. If you are presentable as a man or woman and most people can't really be sure then you have done your job and probably do as well as you can under the circumstances.

I got acquainted with a transman that took hormones, had top surgery, worked out every day, and all that. Yet there was one tell that said "female" - his eyebrows. Everything else was passable, but the eyebrows didn't make it. We laughed about it and decided a vast majority of people would not even notice that. Conclusion? You can't turn a grassland into a shrubland. Highly presentable; like maybe 90%. But that last 10% is essentially impossible because of your genes.

Teresa has a good point about the perception of others likely being different than your perception of yourself. Not much that is objective about any of this. In a sense it is an art form and almost purely subjective. And, in my mind, Judy is the prime example of what can be done with makeup to transform the perception. Every time I see her avatar I think, "Who is that girl and how does she do that?" There are still tells, but they are so tiny they are essentially negligible in my perception. Want to really be as passable as you can be - learn makeup skills. Makeup is transformative.

Everyone ... GG's, GM's and everyone else has a "dream image".
    I don't know that you could find anyone who doesn't wish this or that or the other thing was a little smaller, a little bigger or whatever.

Even models "enhance" these days. As the saying goes, "no one is perfect".
    I would love to be a little shorter, a little younger, a little prettier, but it is what it is. I've tossed that idea of a dream image and all I want is to be the best Me I can be.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    GretchenM,
    To a point I agree with you on makeup skills but I find I'm having to excuse myself for wearing it because I have to shave every morning . I still walk with other dog walkers and only this morning I had to pop to my local supermarket but still so many women wear little or no makeup . I wonder eventually who will be advising on the application of makep , will the High Street shops selling makeup have to employ CDers as they are the only ones who know how to apply makeup ? OK maybe wishful thinking BUT !!!

Judy,
    I am 62 and I am right there with you. While I am presenting as a woman on occasion, it is only when I spend the time on the finishing touches on the makeup that I really see myself as a woman that others might agree to. I still stay at home, since I don't want the world to know I am Janet inside.

I think when I am deep in the pink fog I look great. Once that wears off I look like a guy dressed. There are things like a hat when going outside helps.
    I did have a sales person try to sell me sandals when dressed, It was mid day and I was wearing my black pumps.
    She was correct, sandals would have looked more appropriate that the heels that day.

She took me as a transwoman and tried to help me. I will take that every time.
    Last edited by Natalie5004; 12-01-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Reality Check
    Any "dream image" has to be realistic or you will never achieve it. You can't make yourself shorter, you can't make your hands and feet smaller, you can't change your build. You might be able to achieve a reasonable imitation of a woman but it might not be that "ideal" woman that you would like to be.

Of course, that is true of everyone, not just crossdressers. A guy can't make himself taller, more athletic, etc. Neither can a woman.

So, I am pretty satisfied with what I can do to present as a woman. I know the things that would improve it like fully shaving my body, modifying my eyebrows and artificial nails, but I don't do these things because to my friends and family, I am a guy, not a woman.
    Last edited by Krisi; 12-01-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    Krisi

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    If by "dream image" you mean looking as legit as possible, in as many ways as possible, to as many people as possible, in as many situations & environments as possible?

Then yes, I suppose I have one. Or, at least I *did*.

However, I eventually learned the hard way (firsthand) that it's simply an ever-moving carrot that you can never quite catch.

And yep, I inadvertently burnt myself out because of it, at least in part... And stopped dressing for quite a few years.

That said...

Nothing wrong with trying to make that a reality. Just gotta keep things in perspective -- and don't become *obsessed* with it!

So, what can help to get you there?

Easy. GG's have been doing this kinda stuff for eons. (Some natal males have, as well. )

*Tons* of tricks & tips out there to do this, to do that, to make this look bigger, to make these look smaller, etc.

Hair, make-up, clothing, body-shaping & enhancements, colors, styles, posture, whatever.

Go to Google, go to YouTube, go to wherever... And search for whatever you're searching for.

Just fill in the blanks...

"How to make your ____ look ____ "
    "____ hacks for girls with ____ ____"

Example: How to make your feet look smaller

Here's a decent vid that came up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Af2304BDY

Yes, despite what some here may claim? Plenty of GG's actually *do* care about this stuff & talk about it!

Can you physically change your bone structure? Not really.

But what you *can* do, is fool the eye & alter its *appearance*!

Yes, you can actually make your hands/feet/shoulders/chin/nose/waist/whatever look smaller. And you can make your lips/hips/butt/boobs/whatever look bigger.

It's all about the optical illusion.

Learn from the GG's, the other CD'ers, the TS's. No need to re-invent the wheel, here.

Just don't let that wheel take you for a wild ride, crash, then back up & run you over.

Because that dream can just as well turn into a nightmare...

Oh, I absolutely have a dream image, unfortunately, life has put me in a different postal code, actually, I'm not sure I'm even on the same planet and there's not much I can do about it. LOL

Here's to chasing the dream, though.
    Those of you who can get there more power to you, be kind to those of us who must stay on the sidelines.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Physical size and appearance are not an issue for me. I am 5 foot six, shaved completely, have pierced ears, plucked eyebrows and likely the smallest most petite hands a man could have. With the right clothes and a bit more experience with makeup I could blend easily. I won't go into details about my situation so that I don't bore anyone but all I will say is if I could dress and shop as I please it wouldn't take me long to reach my modest goal of blending in.

I have wrote a lot about my location not being ideal and that along with an unaccepting wife has all these good physical attributes going to waste. I wish I could trade my small stature with some of you larger members because it's going to waste on someone like me who sits at home in drab wishing about what could be.
    Last edited by Star01; 12-01-2020 at 12:52 PM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I have too many dream images to count.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!