Thread: Gender Nonconformity & Reincarnation

Aspiring Member

Gender Nonconformity & Reincarnation

I've seen several posts questioning whether their crossdressing was influenced by a past life, so I searched out some scientific articles and came up with this interesting publication in the International Journal of Sexual Health. https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-...e-Memories.pdf

Dr. Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia, School of Medicine, is a world class authority on reincarnation research. In this publication 469 cases of spontaneous memories of previous lives in children were investigated. There was a high correlation between children who recalled a past life as the opposite gender and gender nonconformity.

I know many of you do not believe in reincarnation, but please do some research on Dr. Jim Tucker

Thank you for sending that link. I've been out of practice for some time and completely missed the article.

The scientist in me is skeptical, but the practitioner in me leans strongly in favor.

The only thing we know for sure is that we don't know very much for sure.

Fed up with reincarnation, wish it wasn't a thing, well I suppose it's not too bad the first 15 times or so, but gets a bit boring after that
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    In this publication 469 cases of spontaneous memories of previous lives in children were investigated. There was a high correlation between children who recalled a past life as the opposite gender and gender nonconformity.
    Not to belittle the study, but isn't that a bit like saying "There is a high correlation between retired tightrope walkers and a good sense of balance"?

If you remember being a girl, doesn't it make sense that you'd be likely to retain some of those attributes?

Banned Read only
    Confucius,
    I know we have to take care when mentioning relgions but some do base their beliefs in reincarnation .

I'm open minded , it's a nice thought that we might get a second or third bite of the cherry but we don't know for certain so I guess we must try and live the life we have the best way we can . In that context it's very sad the suffering we put each other through , so the idea goes either way coming back should hopefully make us better people on the other hand some may have old scores to settle .

It could be suggested if we do come back we may not return to planet Earth but in some parallel universe !

We only have right now, what's past is past and what is to come hasn't happened yet.
    Each day, each moment is a chance for us to reincarnate ourselves into a better person, someone closer to our own ideal.
    Make the choice to be happier, to be when you truly are, to be a better person, make your own future.

Just a thought...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I know many of you do not believe in reincarnation
    It's not a matter of "believe". I can believe all I want that gay alien unicorns secretly rule the Earth, but that doesn't make it true. I can believe that 2+3=9, the Earth is flat, man never landed on the moon, and Nickelback is a good band. None of which is true.

Reincarnation is just as nutty a concept as Santa, the tooth fairy, aforementioned gay alien unicorns, the Illuminati, leprechauns, "God", and the Force.

Well ... okay the Force is real but I like Star Wars.

Edit: no, it's not real. For entertainment purposes only.

Platinum Member
    I'm one of the members who has posted an event/memory/dream or whatever one wants to call it dealing with a past life event. Like I said in those posts I do not know what caused the event/memory. All I will say I do not refute things I do not understand. Why would I refute something because I do not understand it. As Teresa mentioned, and I do not want to step on anyone toes, but one's faith does have a bearing on this and other issues. A substantial number of people base their beliefs on "faith." I do not ridicule something I do not understand. I know plenty of people who would go to "war" to force their beliefs on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_CD_NJ View Post
    Reincarnation is just as nutty a concept ...
    Sherry,
    It may seem to some to be a nutty concept, and to others just as normal as the sunrise. I choose to leave the jury out.

Science, physics, those immutable laws that govern all of us, you drop your keys, they fall, those kind of things, has proven that our universe exists in as many as thirteen dimensions, of which we can relate to possibly four. Once you start rotating through the higher dimensions all kind of weird tings happen; i.e., time becomes a constant, which is not something you or I can understand either.

Now we can all accept that the Force is real, even though the debate about midi-chlorians remains somewhat unsettled, and I will argue with you about Santa and possibly the Tooth Fairy. I also have it on good authority that the Illuminati is in fact populated by gay alien unicorns.

But I digress...Back to the issue of reincarnation, I suggest it may not be out of the realm of possibility that some connections to the higher dimensions science tells us exist is possible and that our existence in those dimensions is as real as it is in those that we can understand, so perhaps, just maybe, when our three/four dimensional existence ends, we slip into a higher state and on occasion, slip back down to continue our journey, just in nicer clothes.

We can discuss in length if you wish, but you're buying the first round, because this type of thing really needs some good whiskey.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

There are only 3 physical dimensions that we know of in this worldly world, because that is all you will be able to prove by experience Time isn't an actual fourth dimension, that is more a play of words. And thirteen dimensions, or twenty or whatever, these aren't physical objects. Just mathematical constructs to make some formulas work and support theoretical models like string theory. Science isn't there to explain what is real, it is just there to find models that allow to make useful predictions. If you find an astute formula to compute square roots quickly, and this formula bases itself on the fact that 1+2=9 (or, with a famous class of numbers, square root of -1 = "i"), well if the formula works, I shall use it, and 1+2 can be 9 all they want for the duration of my calculation. Does the fact that the formula works tell anything about the reality of 1+2 being 9? I don't know and I don't care, as long as it works. 40 dimensions? A hundred? No problem if it helps us understanding time and black holes or why Windows needs to reboot three times when installing updates.
    As for reincarnation, it is a theory like other theories. It is not however a model that predicts things, so it can't really be proven right or wrong.

Believer and thanks for the link Confucius.

Have thought many times about the possibility of a correlation from a past life or lives. We will probably never truly know but this study is done well.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I studied World relgions at school , some parts of the World do believe in reincarnation , at their rebirth they attain a higher status if they haven't sinned in anyway . So to them it is a fact of life and really insulting to them to call it a nutty concept .

Ignorance isn't always bliss !
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-02-2020 at 09:42 AM.

What happened to my idea of getting together to discuss over good whiskey, if even virtually???
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_CD_NJ View Post
    It's not a matter of "believe". I can believe all I want that gay alien unicorns secretly rule the Earth, but that doesn't make it true. I can believe that 2+3=9, the Earth is flat, man never landed on the moon, and Nickelback is a good band. None of which is true.

Reincarnation is just as nutty a concept as Santa, the tooth fairy, aforementioned gay alien unicorns, the Illuminati, leprechauns, "God", and the Force.

Well ... okay the Force is real but I like Star Wars.

Edit: no, it's not real. For entertainment purposes only.
    Ha! The greatest trick the gay alien unicorns ever pulled was convincing the world they didn't exist!!

Dr. Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia, School of Medicine, is a world class authority on reincarnation research.
    There is no such thing as being a world class authority on reincarnation research.

DianeT,

The guy that explained what I described is/was a PhD in theoretical physics at Stanford. Granted it was a few years ago, but I think he knew what he was talking about.

So, about that whiskey???
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post
    There is no such thing as being a world class authority on reincarnation research.
    Yes, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    So, about that whiskey???
    "Tinnnngggg!!!" Cheers!
    Now, about that cigar?

About the PhD: I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. But things like time becoming a constant or imaginary or whatever aren't actual descriptions of physical events (because you will never have a direct experience of them) but more mathematical singularities that emerge in the virtual world of formulas. They are not reality like the three dimensions that you directly experience everyday (even if that direct experience can also be philosophically argued about... another whiskey perhaps ). Which doesn't change the fact that they are useful, or may be one day (I don't know what the subject of the PhD talk about was but I suspect it had to do with unification theories, if that is the case, this is a theoretical search that is far from being over).
    Last edited by DianeT; 12-02-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I'm not sure about reincarnation, mainly because in a previous life I was probably Thad the pig farmers son who died at the age of 14 from bubonic plague whishing I could be more like Helga the Milkmaid three farms over.

but seriously ..

I read a lot of scientific journals and a lot of mathematician's postulate that mathematically there are up to 10 dimensions that include
    1 dimension - a point in space
    2 dimensions - length and width
    3 dimensions - length width and height .
    4 dimensions - length width height and time (prime)
    5 dimensions - length width height and time, (prime world different from current observable)
    6 dimensions - length width height and time, (able to see all worlds,prime world, and multiple world's different from ours P+World to the +n)
    7 dimensions - length width height and time (access to all worlds)
    8 dimensions - length width height and time ( access to branching worlds where alll choices create a new world)
    9 dimensions - length width height and time ( access and influence of choices to create desired outcome)
    10 dimensions - length width height and time (where all things are possible including the ability to create your own reality

I think we should claim the 10th dimension as the Trans Dimension
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I believe in things observable and science. I do not believe in the existence of gods, devils, ghosts or reincarnation. I did believe in good whiskey at one time but it caused me to behave badly and I had to give it up.