Thread: Oh ! That funny look !

Banned Read only

Oh ! That funny look !

I'd been waiting on a repeat prescription from my pharmacy so I called in to check if it was ready for collection , the assistant was very helpful while we went through the name check and address . She said I hadn't heard because they didn't have my mobile phone number so they were unable to send me a text message when it was ready for collection. She then picked out my medication in a sealed package with my details on the label , she asked again if the details were correct , the problem was the writing was so small and I'd put my glasses back in my handbag so I glanced at the label and said OK . She said OH ! and gave me a funny look , paused for a moment and then handed it to me . It wasn't until I arrived home and checked the label that I realised why she gave me a funny look , the label said " Mr Terri ****** "

The pharmacy is next door to my GP's surgery and they use , " Ms Terri ****** " but for some reason the computer hasn't passed it on to the pharmacy .

I will add it wasn't a prescription for HRT , I have a long standing throat problem so need a nasal spray and a throat spray .

I noticed my optometrist has me down as female, I don't intend to correct them.

Banned Read only
    Janet,
    I don't have a problem with Specsavers ( in the UK ), they are a High Street optician who also provide hearing checks and supply hearing aids . I'm down as Terri and have my eyesight tested and my hearing checks done in femme mode . In fact everyone in my new home town only know me as Teresa or Terri , I have nothing to correct .

I get that all the time. My given name is a "boy's" name. I get mail with Mr. .... on it. People are surprised that I am a woman. I was afraid when I turned 18 that I would be drafted!

Platinum Member
    I went through most of my adult life presenting as a male with the name Kimberly. So I am accustomed to funny looks either way.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Char/Kim,

At least I can ask them to correct the mistake , it isn't a big problem unless it's a waiting room full of people and nurse calls out you name in full as happened when I had my flu injection and waiting to donate blood . Again not a problem requesting the minor change in their records . Perhaps one small thing to come out of the current isolation we aren't facing crowded waiting rooms .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Simply one more reason I don't dress out to vanilla venues. While some may find this cute or funny?

I would find it to be an unnecessary nuisance.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    I get that all the time. My given name is a "boy's" name. I get mail with Mr. .... on it. People are surprised that I am a woman. I was afraid when I turned 18 that I would be drafted!
    There was a boy in my grade in high school with the first name of Lynn.
    He got the biggest kick out of finding out on the first day of school that he'd been assigned to the girls' Phys Ed class.
    (no, he didn't have gender issues, and no, they didn't let him in.)

Banned Read only
    Sherry ,
    It's not really a nuisance , possibly sometimes funny but still a fact of life , it happens but no way am I going back to male mode to correct it .

Reality Check
    I rented out a room in my house years ago to a guy named "Dana". He did get mail addressed to "Ms Dana ..........." all the time.

For crossdressers (and transexuals), it would be great to have a feminine name or at least one that could go either way.
    Krisi

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    My wife has a name that has a different spelling but exact same pronunciation in the male tense.
    I've replied on the phone, "Yes, this is A_______", just to help facilitate the day to day issues as presented.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!