I hope I am posting this in the right forum. Does anybody remember the days pre-internet, where possibly the only place to find a size 11 or 12 pump was Payless? And then I discovered crossdressing boutiques. The first one I ever ventured into as a young person was Lee?s Mardi Gras in the meat packing district of ny. A combination of fear and excitement as I purchased my first pair of black patent size 13 pumps. Since then, I have been to glamour boutique in mass, one in Chicago who?s name I cannot remember, and one on Staten Island. Each time I was scared to death, probably even More than shopping in mainstream Places. Nobody ever really batted an eye in the mainstream places. a few times, I would have a sales clerk (female) comment... at least you are in style, is this for you? Oh, I love to dress them up...we get a lot of folks like you in here (Payless) .. you need to come on tuesdays when we replenish stock. Size 12 and 13 sells out quickly! Is this a gift? Is this shade for you? I think they always know. ;-). As for the shops catered to us? At least there was no ambiguity.

Ahh. The memories..