Thread: With everything else we have to deal with.....

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

With everything else we have to deal with.....

.... then we have this crossdressing thing constantly nagging away at us.

Yeah, you know where I'm going with this.

I certainly have my own story but, let's hear yours about the other 90% that you call life that beckons
    first attention before you indulge at all in your girl world.

I've got it pretty easy right now as I transition into full retirement with the college for kid long paid off,
    substantial home equity to downsize and relocate. And relatively good health.

I just know that some of the rest of y'all are drinking from a fire hose with what you gotta do and the world situation throwing up blocks.

And then there's that siren song of lace panties and makeup just for you that distracts without prejudice.

How are we handling it out there?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I am working everyday and counting the days to retirement, or a little over three years. House is paid for, car is paid for, still paying a motorcycle loan. Life is pretty good considering. Best financial situation we have ever been in. If push comes to shove I can retire at any time, but planning to wait until 65 years old. I want to pay off my motorcycle. and pad my 401K a bit more.

Sitting here in a new dress with hose and heels, all fixed up from the neck down, sipping on some Crown Royal Black with my feet up on my desk.

Retired life has been very good for Danielle and we are thankful every day pandemic life has been almost normal for months. Basically no restrictions except for restaurant indoor space is limited to 50 -75 % of capacity.

Pumped. If you want a real treat try a bottle of Crown Royal Northern Harvest. Selected the 2016 World's best whiskey in the annual Whisky bible. Bonus is it's only $40-50 CDN and not a premium price like so many of the top rated Scottish and Japanese bottles.

I will give it a try.

I am not a Whiskey nerd. I don't need some $100+ per bottle stuff, but I will try anything!

My buddy gave me a shot of Laphroaig one time, I can say I wasn't impressed!

In Canada the Crown Royal Black and Northern Harvest are the same price. Useless trivia, the distillery where all the world's Crown Royal is made is in Gimli , Manitoba which was only about 20Km down the road from our cottage back in Canada. The distillery itself isn't a huge building but there were lots of huge warehouses storing the ageing barrels.

Platinum Member
    Hi Carla , I guess I am lucky as my life really hasn't changed, I will be 78 on 12/07,

>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid **OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I wish I could retire, but I have mixed feelings. My ability to cross dress would drop to near zero if I did. I guess that would be a trade off. My problem is that my wife is younger and will not be able to have cheap medical insurance until she is 65 so I have to wait at least 5 years to retire. I am lucky to have good health so I can not complain.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    Seems this thread went the way of retirement and whiskey. I don't drink hard stuff. Wine will do. Beer on occasion. I am into my thirteenth year of retirement. No debts. More money coming in than our expenses. Health relatively good, but I will not wave a flag at covid. My wife retired last year before covid hit. She had been working part time, i.e., full days when she wanted. She was getting some human adult interaction other than moi. Now? DADT puts a damper on self expression. When covid lifts she'll babysit at our daughter's home on occasion and spend the night. Until then I have to be satisfied with sleeping in a long nylon gown and a pair of nylon panties.

I retired from work when I was 53!! now divorced and living on my own I can do just as I please. My kids know I dress full time and my daughter is the more accepting of the two kids. Living in rural South west France suits me down to the ground, I have a very accepting bunch of French people in my hamlet here and have no problems with going to town either.
    Retirement? being doing that for a good number of years now, love it!!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I guess I will break the trend... I'm nowhere close to retiring! However, my situation isn't dire. I have a loving wife who is also my best friend, I landed a new job just before covid, we both work remotely, we moved out to the mountains and have amazing views, and we have no children and few debts (aside from home and car payments).

If it wasn't for Covid and the suffering in the world, this might be a great year.

Let's see, retirement, naah, I'm probably going to take the day off from work for my funeral. LOL

Two boys, one in college and one in high school, both outstanding young men.
    Just started an amazing new job, 30% higher salary than the last.
    Divorced, so I live on my own but still have to deal with my CEW(crazy ex-wife) every now and then but life is good.
    With me living by myself and the isolation of COVID, I dress everyday, I just wish I looked as good as Carla.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Love being retired... doing the things I like to do when I want to do them. Challenging myself along the way. The only stress recently is from the pandemic. My wife rarely goes anywhere now.. on my hip 24/7 which drives me up the wall. I understand why but being DADT, I rarely get any time to be Danielle. She went to Weight Watchers this morning and then a little shopping so she won't be back until lunchtime so Danielle has some time exist. LBD and heels goes a long way!

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    We may retire from a paid job but we don't retire from life ! I agree with others health is the important factor , so my malt whiskey is only drunk on health grounds . From your wording freedom maybe top of your list , that is freedom to be Carla whenever you choose .

Silver Member
    Much the same for us. We are mortgage free, empty nester grandparents planning for retirement in 3 to 5 years. My wife, who once viscerally hated my dressing, has made her peace with it and will even go out in public with my wearing anything feminine that's not a dress or skirt (thats more latitude than it sounds). Life is good, and that light at the end of the tunnel turned out not to be an oncoming train.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I think I'll go start a healthy whiskey thread.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

At 36 retirement seems a long ways off for me... but I cope I find time to play dress up and I cherish it
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I?ve been retired for a few years and couldn?t be happier thanks to my supportive wife. Being sequestered, I dress daily 24/7 and I love it especially deciding what to wear. I shop on line. By now, I know my sizes, favorite brands, etc. My wife was hesitant about my going out because of small nosy town. Our outside time is usually going out for drives. Recently, she?s shown no problem with my staying dressed when we go for a drive, except earrings, and wig. Occasionally, I?ll wear light makeup. My libations are for medicinal purposes only..yeah right. Somewhere in the world it?s 5:00.

Oh, I am a mixer (Absolute, Coconut Rum) and Blush Wine gal but I have been known to enjoy shot of Glenlivet double malt scotch once in a while.
    I too am retired but don't really have much of an income (not 65 till 2024)but the wife is much younger and an essential worker with excellent benefits!
    She seems to enjoy her job but she has her days.
    With no kids, no car payments, home paid off, and zero credit card debt, life is manageable.
    I have been keeping girly busy and pampering myself and my wife as a Homemaker.
    It's been working for us!
    We were stocked up with everything from TP to ammo, food and lingerie..... way back in February before this all went down.
    I enjoyed going out shopping, in girl mode as a Homemaker, to the point I was getting worried I was stocking the pantry too much, just so I could go out shopping as Candice!
    Shopping as Candy continues to be fun to for me.
    I still manage to be a husband first as I keep Candy in the closet in a don't ask, don't tell relationship.
    My years of not overextending our lifestyle, being a frugal Polish Gal, and maintaining what we own has made sure we could have gotten thru the pandemic without an income.
    But having a working wife continues to allow me to be feminine and girly while she is gone and a husband when she is home.
    No problems here....
    Last edited by candykowal; 12-02-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nothing stops me from doing anything I want! Except ME!

And, I'm pretty indulgent with myself!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-03-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The pandemic truly messed with plans I had for this year. I had a very good relationship with an Asst. Mgr. at a nearby Soma. We talked a lot about undergarments and such, and I told her I wanted to be able to dress and wear outer clothing. She was wonderful enough that during my many visits to the shop, she would let me try on outfits. Some she thought looked pretty good on me, and others she flat told me, No.
    She was so kind. She understood that I wasn't able to purchase those lovely clothes, but she let me try them on anyway.
    Well, my wife booked a 1 week class out of town. That would give me a week to experience new things. First stop - pedicure with pretty polish. Next, I was going to stop in at the Soma and purchase an outfit. Shoes. I would need shoes. I would find shoes.
    This would be followed by a visit to Sephora, where I would have a make-up class and buy what I could do practice and wear makeup for the week. My highlight of the week: Spend an evening in downtown Dallas, visit S4 and go to the drag show. I had my mind made up to dress and go out and just have a night of it. It was going to change my life.
    Then, COVID, lockdown, my wife's class cancelled.
    So, I've been kind of backsliding the last few weeks. I'm not checking in here daily. It's been maybe once or twice a week. I still feel pretty wearing my panties and bras, but I have little joy doing so. I feel very stunted, unable to grow. In some ways, I feel hollow inside. Kelli is stepping back, and Kelly doesn't like being in the forefront.

Wow it was nice to hear someone else knew about S4. As to the lockdown, yes it is true, I have almost completely abandoned going out.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-05-2020 at 02:28 PM. Reason: not necessary to quote the post directly before yours

69, retired, still have a mortgage but equity from previous home kept it small and we both have investments that we haven?t tapped into. Health is reasonably good, dressing opportunities could be better but I can?t complain.

Hobbies over the years have been photography, computers, and writing and recording music. A large screen TV that I purchased prior to retirement demands too much attention in the evenings. It?s a very quiet and not very exciting small town life. Fortunately the internet is fast so it?s not so small of a town that we have to endure slow web speeds. 4K streams just fine.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Got a roof over my head that's paid for and a job that's still paying me. Not bad in that respect. Hope to retire in 10. Mostly coasting along.

Overall I would say life is pretty good for me. Loving wife, little rascal of a dog. Job that has pretty decent health benefits and a life-long pension if I just toe the line for 8 more years or so. Biggest burdens at the moment I would say are the student debt my wife is shackled with...but we may have a big chunk of change coming our way that will wipe most of it out...hopefully!

I'm almost 68. I will be eligible for full retirement December 31, 2022. I have to figure out what to do with my life after that, and how to keep dressing with my wife still against it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.