Thread: The Pink Fog?

The Pink Fog?

What is it? Is it good, bad, or misunderstood? What impact has it had on you?

Gwen,

The pink fog is a term used to describe when our dressing may sometimes get out of hand. The compulsive buying of too many clothes, or taking actions that aren't necessarily the smartest thing to do given your individual circumstances. It can be both a good, "The pink fog descended and before I knew it I'd walked into the shop enfemme for the first time and was browsing the racks" or bad, The fog descended and before I knew it I'd thrown caution to the wind and walked into the strange bar that was full of very unpleasant people"
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Gwen,

Yep , same for me as Helen, the only difference is that I have been lucky enough to pick bars full of friendly people so it has been a lot of fun.

I see you are relatively new here. One such place I visited in your area was Legends in Raleigh NC. Had a blast. The pink fog will creep up to make me go out again from time to time. Of course that was pre covid. I hope to do it again sometime.

Sandi

Oh I've spent too much and been with people and in situations that I didn't know all that well and in hindsight probably am lucky to come out of it relatively unscathed. But I have also met cool people and, most importantly, the pink fog has propelled me toward a much more empathic and accepting attitude toward myself and toward being trans. Plus, it can be devilishly fun ��

I?m not sure what it is, but it?s always with me. Sometimes it?s very mild, sometimes it?s intense. I never know, but I do know when the pink fog blows in, I get this tingly feeling and my thoughts immediately go directly to dressing. Since being sequestered and dressing every day, I haven?t felt it recently. Over the years, the times I tried to quit were negated by the PF.

Banned Read only
    Gwen,
    This question reglarly comes up in perhaps it might be useful to make the answer a sticky for this section .

Pink fog is both good and bad , perhaps it could also be called " Cloud nine ! because it describes being taken over completely by the dressing need often to the expense of everyone and everything around you .

On the good side it's a " high " which takes away everyday stresses , on the bad side it can be at the expense of everyone else , meaning you may lose sight of the needs of other people and possibly spend money which should be used elsewhere and at the extreme place you in a risky situation .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-02-2020 at 01:52 PM.

The pink fog can be a wonderful place, but it can have side effects on those around you and profoundly change your life in a bad way. I also think if you let it the pink fog will take over for good, which may not be a bad thing at all if that is what you really want... It might take you to a happy place!

For me it was really bad (or good?) the last two years, then it rebounded and I felt guilty so I told my wife all about my crossdressing. I am now on a very short leash for that part of my life. This is not a really good thing. She knows about the pink fog too...
    Last edited by Brandi Christine; 12-02-2020 at 06:29 PM.
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

I concur with Teresa, please for the love all that is good make this topic a sticky!

Hi Gwen,
    Like Brandi, just about 9 years ago the pink fog was surrounding me and coursing through my veins to the point where I told my wife. We had a few small hiccups but are still together. I probably spent $1500 in a matter of 2 months( or that was the tally when we decided maybe to rein it in). For some reason around Christmas time it starts to seep in . Sometimes it just passes through sometimes it gets me in its grips once again. The other day I became obsessed with the right combo of color corrector and foundation( more so than usual) and literally did and washed my face so many times it felt as though I was slapped. It?s caused me to wear corsets for numerous days tight to the point of bruising. It can be a bit much. Be warned
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Hi Gwen.

My last real run in with "Pink Fog" was about a month or so ago when I dressed up light (no makeup) and it really felt so good, and I liked the reflection, that I impulsively jumped in the truck for a drive around a country block in broad daylight. It was probably a reckless thing to do, but also invigorating. My feelings afterward was a cross between feeling stupid or elated. I've thought about doing it again, but have set strict conditions.

Sometimes, I suppose, it is just living in the moment, and relishing the possibilities of who you feel you are. Likewise, sometimes it is reckless impulsiveness which can create situations which hurt, and can damage and confuse how you feel about dressing up -- what I might refer to as Black Fog. I remember purging once after a severe black fog (no, I wasn't found out or caught).

My only advice would be to set both limits and bench marks. Limits to prevent going too far, and bench marks to allow growth and fulfillment.

Hugs,
    Geena.

My first pink fog experience was when I decided to out out en femme for Halloween, encouraged by a co-worker for some reason. She said “You’d look great as a girl,” which set me off. That was mid-October.

Wthin a couple of days I?d ordered four outfits, a bunch of lingerie and stockings, two wigs, several pairs of shoes, makeup, and breast forms. Then took three days off work.

Went to the original party I was invited to in a leotard, tights, cheap wig and a little lipstick. And went to two other parties, and three different clubs.

And kept going out to clubs and asked friends to go with me - and help get ready - for another couple weeks. Completely obsessed. Hadn?t been en femme for five years before at least.

When I got married, I hadn't crossdressed in ten years. Just never thought about it. When life was good, the idea never entered my head. A few years into marriage, lost my job, took a 60% pay cut, and went back to school full time, too. Stress let the crossdressing genie out of the bottle with a vengeance. Over time, reading about it online, I became convinced that it was no big deal, that all the good things about me would easily be enough for my wife to overlook my crossdressing; I had become saturated in the pink fog, and believed it was almost normal.
    When my wife discovered it, and was horrified, I was shocked back into reality. Crossdressing wasn't anywhere's near to being accepted by women as a normal thing that their SOs could do. Still isn't.
    Occasionally I will read posts here about how everything is just dandy, that society has changed, that it's perfectly normal for men to crossdress. And yet, women don't see it that way, at least they don't want a crossdressing mate. Despite the occasional announcement by one of us that 'there are plenty of women out there who like crossdressers!', that doesn't equal reality.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think of Pink Fog is when all I can think of is dressing. Longing for it.

Banned Read only
    The pink fog can be both good and bad...

It's good when everything just seems to click and you look good and feel good about yourself.

It's bad when you get so obsessed that forget your boundaries and do something you later regret. Like purchasing expensive items or making a careless mistake that leads to your discovery or upsets your partner in a DADT situation.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-05-2021 at 07:04 PM.

I don?t know if it was pink fog that convinced me to start plucking my beard one hair at a time earlier this year. I know that it was a dumb thing to do so no need to point it out. The resulting ingrown hair mess took forever to clear up. So much for that brilliant fog induced idea.

Personally I think this forum is a pink fog generator. Log on and boom.... you are totally covered up with the pinkest of the pink fog, a toxic mixture of lace and femininity.... then it be off to the races!! Or the closet.... or the bathroom....
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-03-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Just got over a bad case of Covid. I’ve been fogged since, for whatever reason. Lots of shopping and now because I can’t give Covid, had a friend over. And set up a professional makeup session for next weekend.
    Last edited by Alexis00; 01-04-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Sometimes Miss, That has been my reality, also. I have not talked to a single woman that is ok with her man CDing. A deal breaker.

I definitely had to lean how to balance the Pink fog it really kicks in when I?m out dressed my courage level increases and I fear that could lead to being discovered by the wrong person. I do agree with Karren this site is a pink fog generator one that I enjoy.

Reality Check
    There will probably be as many definitions as there are members.

I would say that the "Pink Fog" is an excuse for doing something when you should have known better.
    Krisi

The Pink Fog is essentially like wearing a VR headset.

You enjoy what you are doing in the moment, the reality you're living in but if you're not careful you can bump into obstacles and maybe even suffer consequences.

You've heard of Gender Dysphoria. The Pink Fog is Gender Euphoria!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    No one ever talks about any other color fog now do they?

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Hi Gwen , The Pink fog is responsible for me having 160+ Pairs of shoes, >Orchid**OO**

PS: If Payless had more customers like me they would have never goin out of business.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!