Thread: Continuing the journey

Continuing the journey

As I have posted perviously I have begun to come to grips with my femininity; specifically acknowledging my transsexuality. My feminine side comes through whether dressed fully or not. Yesterday I had to go to the Apple store. I slipped on a pair of Hanes jeggings and a nice feminine shirt. Previously I would have felt very self conscious; always looking around for a reaction. Not any more. Now I simply feel a sense of contentment that I am able to honestly express myself. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

That is wonderful, Angela. And the best part is that it has become so comfortable and natural. That clearly says that you have a combination where most everything is in sync and you have found a place where your brain is saying, "Now you are really you."

I was really worried about painting my nails at first. I stuck with a color that could be "manly". After a while though, I recognized how happy it made me and how insignificant the act was. I mean, who is going to attack me for having paint on my nails? If anything, they'll just think I'm eccentric! Now I have sparkly purple nails. I feel more comfortable and more Gwen.

Now I just need to work up my courage to dress fully.

Angela,

I think I know what you mean.

I'd been to the cinema and it was I think the last film to finish that evening so the cinema foyer was quiet as I left. Stepping outside and walking to the car I was then aware of just how natural and normal it felt. This was me, out for the evening just going about my business. I'm usually fairly relaxed and confident while dressed anyway but this was something different. Difficult to put fully into words but inescapably different.

When going out I'd try to channel that feeling as I went out the door as it was something that was a milestone in my journey. So pleased for you to find your place.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

It is the feeling of contentment from you just being you! Doesn't it feel wonderful? Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    Angela,

I too feel comfortable in my presentation, which I strive to use choose appropriate attire for the occasion.

Congratulations on making the next step Angela, I so look forward to getting there myself.
    Be the best you, be the true you.
    That said, I love faceapp so much I change my avatar daily

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYEWpv7Ue0RFVaE/html5

So awesome Angela! ❤️ ❤️
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

I bought my last phone at the Apple Store all dressed up. It is an odd materialistic sensation that completing a transaction also completes a part of ourselves.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Congrats, Angela! I have gone out dressed to vanilla venues often but never enjoyed the experience.

I don't enjoy just throwing on a few fem things or dressing to blend. That's not me.
    And, when I go out fully dressed I don't enjoy the attention, positive or negative, which distracts from the reason I went out in the 1st place.

Or, how nervous and stressed I feel!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm in tights or women's jeans and a fem top most days, so i get it.

You being comfortable with you is one of the best gifts you can give yourself.
    The world is falling apart and ppl are like "EHRMYGAWD is that a man with fingernail polish on?"

I am out of town for business this afternoon after checking in to my hotel I showered shaved my legs carefully applied my makeup put on my wig dressed in a cute skirt and boots and headed out for a coffee without any hesitation. Just came back to my room walked in the front door through the lobby in the past I always came in a back door my comfort level has increased tremendously during my journey. Also the lady at the front desk gave me a knowing smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1954 View Post
    My feminine side comes through whether dressed fully or not.
    That's because it's not 'a side'. It's you.
    Lots of CD'ers feel the need to distance themselves from anything feminine, so they talk of their female feelings/behavior as 'a side', or even in third person as if it's someone else, anything to avoid facing that they aren't 'all male, all the time'. It's understandable; from the moment we're self aware, we're told that being girly in any way, is the worst possible thing we can be. And it's reinforced by both sexes; female pronouns are routinely used as insults to us, by other people both male and female, teachers, coaches, military commanders, girlfriends, wives, etc.. Sissy, or the 'p' word which I can't use here, aae the worst insults that others think they can used when they want to insult us. The phrase 'man up' is used against us to imply that we aren't behaving as males, and that it's unacceptable. So it's no wonder at all, why so many feel the need to do this.
    But we can't progress, until we face that it's us, it's all us. The female feelings, the desires, the hopes, the dreams, the satisfied, relaxed, comfortable feeling we have when we feel we are finally wearing what we feel we're supposed too wear. All of it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    Hi Angela , Sounds like you are starting to live the Dream, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    That's because it's not 'a side'. It's you.
    Lots of CD'ers feel the need to distance themselves from anything feminine, so they talk of their female feelings/behavior as 'a side', or even in third person as if it's someone else, anything to avoid facing that they aren't 'all male, all the time'. It's understandable; from the moment we're self aware, we're told that being girly in any way, is the worst possible thing we can be. And it's reinforced by both sexes; female pronouns are routinely used as insults to us, by other people both male and female, teachers, coaches, military commanders, girlfriends, wives, etc.. Sissy, or the 'p' word which I can't use here, aae the worst insults that others think they can used when they want to insult us. The phrase 'man up' is used against us to imply that we aren't behaving as males, and that it's unacceptable. So it's no wonder at all, why so many feel the need to do this.
    But we can't progress, until we face that it's us, it's all us. The female feelings, the desires, the hopes, the dreams, the satisfied, relaxed, comfortable feeling we have when we feel we are finally wearing what we feel we're supposed too wear. All of it.

Everyone I think agrees that we all have varying degrees of masculinity and femininity. I do understand your point though. When I was growing up, i'm 66, those stereotypes you mention were in full force. For instance I wanted to take ballet. I'll let you guess what the comments were. So yes I do have a male side, and will always have one. But my original point was that I have accepted the part of me that I truly identify with intrinsically. I appreciate your comment. I always love to hear others thoughts on our journey.

Yes I agree there are sometimes everyday things you do when dressed that are a big step forward. Interacting with people in shops is a typical example. Just filling up the car and going to pay was a major step for me as was shopping in a supermarket. It doesn?t have to be the girlie things that are important though having nails done or buying makeup when dressed is great too.