Thread: Compliment

Compliment

This morning, I went for my morning 5K walk in the park dressed. The trail is about a one mile loop and I passed a gentleman going the other direction a few times. The third time that we passed, he stopped me to talk. After I pulled off my earbuds, he asked me if anyone ever told me that I look like the actress, Christine Baranski. He then told me that when we passed the previous time, and I smiled and said "good morning", he thought that I looked just like her. He then said, "That's a compliment". I thanked him and we each continued on our separate walks.
    I absolutely love it when someone calls me "Ma'am" or I overhear someone referring to me as "her". But this was a step above that. I feel better about my ability to blend, if not outright pass. I'm still smiling.

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    Congratulations! And what a gent that gentleman was.

How very nice for you, you must chat some more with this man, gain more friends and widen your horizons in the dressing world. Congratulations!!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice, Gracie! I assume Mz Baranski is attractive?

I've only been mistaken for a movie star once. David Niven!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gracie, You should still be smiling with a compliment like that. I am happy for you.
    Crissy

What a nice story. Compliments like that make our day.

Wow you should be smiling, what a nice compliment. That would make my day, week , mouth and year.

Aspiring Member
    BRAVA Gracie! The world needs more people like the gentleman who complimented you.

Very cool to be associated with a public figure. It means you have a certain "style" and are seen in a good light.
    Part of the look is the mannerisms and how we all convey ourselves to the general public.
    It means you are a total package and are accepted...what better way to be a positive role model for all of us!
    I get the Blair Warner/Lisa Whelchel comments once in a while,it does feel good people would take time out of their life to stop and go out of their way to interact with you, doesn't it....
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!