Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the most memorable thing ever said to you

What was the most memorable thing ever said to you

I have many things that have remained as fond memories for me but the best was nearly two years ago when I was establishing myself in my locality and dressing 24/7. One hot day in the summer I was dressed in realy drab dirty clothes because of a pile of rubbish I had to take to the recycling depot. Coming back home I stopped off in my local shop to get a cold drink to take home. Mireille who I got on famously with and who always kissed and hugged me when I went, stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me! no hugs, no kisses, but still nice towards me. Why are you like this she asked of me and I told her why to get the reply " Well go home and put a skirt on, we are used to seeing you dressed as a woman", I did that and was met with smiles and "that's better " and of course the traditional French greeting on kissing on both cheeks continued every time I went in there.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    At a big trans event in Vegas some years ago, a not very fem T saw me approaching their group. When I was about 25 feet away she looked me and hollered:

"That's the Fing most ridiculous thing I've ever seen!"

I will never forget that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    One of my fondest memories was soon after I first came out and started going full-time, I went to a board meeting for the local ham radio club that I used to belong to. I previously was VP and the "custodian" of the radio gear. Since I was tired of hanging on to the clubs stuff I brought all the radio gear out to drop it off.

So I am sitting in the lobby waiting for the meeting room to open and the club secretary walks in.

I wave to her and she comes over and says "Do I know you?".

I give her my call sign and say "Yeah, there have been a few changes since we last saw each other.".

She looks me up and down for a few seconds and says "Oh yeah, you used to always wear you hair in a ponytail.".

And that was it...

There are three I can't decide which I like best.

I was visiting a friend, she rents a couple rooms, this one renter would call me " Miss Jean" . My avatar picture was taken in her kitchen.

At a DLV I picked up a boyfriend, he yells from the bedroom, I'm on the couch in the living room "you think like a girl"

Than there was one New years, my boyfriend and I threw a party. Everyone had left, I'm laying on the couch. He walks over and lays on me. Looking into my eyes he tells me he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

They all bring a smile and tears , just how life is I guess.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 12-05-2020 at 03:08 AM.

Bobbi,

Two to choose from. I attended a CD support group meeting and one of those attending was from the forum. While we chatted she said, "Looking at you now you'll have no trouble going out".

The second was similar. I met someone else from the forum in a hotel bar, me endemme, him in drab as he was there on a walking weekend with a buddy of his. Again as we chatted he paused, looked me up and down and said, "You look immaculate".

The boost to your confidence that comments such as those gives is immense.

EDIT;

Sat in the car one night enfemme chatting to the SO on the phone when a 20 something girl with what I took to be her younger brother walked passed. She looked at me, stopped, walked to the drivers side of the car and said, "Oh my god, you look amazin'" which came as a relief as it thought I was actually in for abuse. Her little brother looked at me confused and with a puzzled look on his face ask, "Are you a man?"
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 12-05-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    She looks me up and down for a few seconds and says "Oh yeah, you used to always wear you hair in a ponytail.".
    Sweet

I was attending a voice modification class a few years back. There was one final class at the end with participants from various time slots; so we did not know everyone. One of the women came in and sat at my table. As I introduced myself she blurted out "oh my god I thought your were a woman" Thinking that she had insulted me she began to apologize. I quickly told her 1. I'm not easily offended, and 2. Your compliment made my day, week, and year. lol

Aspiring Member
    I was shopping for panties at a TJMaxx and a woman is doing her shopping for panties also. She then asks me if I wear panties to which I say yes, I do. We begin to chat, she is asking why, etc. She then asks for my help in picking out a pair of panties for her. She ends up choosing some that were going to be way to small for her, but it was a very nice conversation.
    Another time, I was in a VS store shopping for a bra. The SA asks if I need help and I say yes, I'm looking for a bra that will show some cleavage. She then measures me, brings a couple bras to try on and demonstrates how to bend over, showing how her boobs should hang free and then put the bra on. I tried several on and she came in to the dressing room, poking and prodding and adjusting until she was satisfied that we had a good fit.

I was at a TG event and a girl came up and gave me a big hug. I can't remember what she said, but she thought I was someone else. My new wig must have had the same look as this other CD because there were a couple CDs that thought I was her too! This twin of mine must have been really something...
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Two stand out in my mind.
    We were shopping and nature called. While in the stall I heard a few little girls giggling and when I exited to wash my hands they were playing under the hand dryer, their long hair blowing everywhere and mom standing right there. As I neared them mom looked at them and said, "that's enough girls, let the nice lady dry her hands".
    Another time shopping I was in the dressing room trying on an outfit. I exited the cubicle and didn't see my wife. I walked towards the store area and was looking for her when an older lady saw me. She looked me up and down and said, "don't worry honey, he's going to love you in that".
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I was at an endo appointment and it was lunch time! I stopped at IHop in Winston-Salem! The greeter actually called me "Miss"!
    Recently, at a local Cato store, the sales clerk said, "We have to get you in here after the covid and measure you for jeans! You lost weight!"
    Lots of smaller ones but those two stick in my mind!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Honestly, there’s been a lot, both touching and also funny. The one that does stand out is one summer I was dressed in an ivory skirt and top with black shoes with ankle straps. I passed a couple sitting on a cafe patio and the woman said, “She must be a model!” That was four years ago and it still brings a smile to my face.

I suspect that my other thread prompted you to ask this question. I'll repeat it here so it is captured with everyone else's memories.
    I went for my morning 5K walk in the park dressed. The trail is about a one mile loop and I passed a gentleman going the other direction a few times. The third time that we passed, he stopped me to talk. After I pulled off my earbuds, he asked me if anyone ever told me that I look like the actress, Christine Baranski. He then told me that when we passed the previous time, and I smiled and said "good morning", he thought that I looked just like her. He then said, "That's a compliment".

One of our local groups was having a Spring Fling and a friends sister was joining us as we gathered for the event pre-party.
    My friends sister came right up to me and told me I was looking gorgeous and wondered if I was a sister of one of the CDers too!
    I told her she looked sooo feminine and pretty and I was a male in femme....and we just hit it off right there.
    We became good friends that night and we got to know each other very well, when she told me she liked girls too.
    But she knows I am married and she understands, we are fond of each other.
    7_11-yXnHVj2sj3JoVN6VwlYRoAJr44BRxxQ8oO87er7ebVBDHFDr1VABCByfvQK.jpg
    I love it whenever we get together, she always teases me, snaps my garter in the powder room or fondles me to catch me blushing.
    We share perfume and makeup tips....she turned me on to "Pixie Dust" on cleavage for a sparkling sexy view and I got her to wear garters and thigh high again, for feeling girly and feminine again.
    I get so bubbly when we get together because I know whatever the scene, it going to be a fun time.
    So miss the G2G's and her smile....the Pandemic has crimped our fun.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

During one of my first outings I was waiting, 2nd in line at my local pharmacy when one woman tried to jump the queue. She was told by the chemist, in no uncertain terms, to wait her turn behind these two ladies.

Silver Member
    I've gotten a lot of compliments on my presentation. Some from SAs (well duh, they're trying to sell clothes. I disagree. Many have become dear friends and have too much integrity to lie for the sake of making a sale) and some from random women at the mall (that's really special). But my most cherished comment came from my wife the first time she said, unsolicitedly, "I like your dress" when she saw it on me. That represents a huge move fonward from the days when she admitted she "would rather see me dead than in a dress"

I have several.

One time at Nordstrom a man waiting for his wife said "your legs are phenomenal; you might as well show them off."

Another time at Nordstrom a wosman walked by and said "so cute".

My gg friend Michelle telling me that she valued our friendship.

Getting compliments on the dresses I was wearing.

Being called "my favourite customer" by an SA in Melbourne.

All favorites of mine.

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    I find this a tough question but isn't it funny if you asked the opposite question , " what's the worse thing ever said to you ?" you often remember them !

Personally I relate it more to memorable occasions , going to shows and shopping with my daughter , Taking my grandaughter to an autistic center to ride horses , being accepted into my painting group . I know out of these occasions people have said some lovely things .

Perhaps my return to a Shakespear company I photographed for 14 years . It had been a few years since I dropped in to see the secretary but she had retired , on the way upstairs to her office they had rehung many of my large photographs , on meeting the new secretary I commented on the pictures and she replied , " OH yes , they were photographed by Terry ****** " So I replied , " That's me !" She gave me the biggest hug saying how wonderful my pictures were , at that point a lady I knew from some years before came upstairs , the secretary said my name but the penny didn't drop with the lady , then a big smile crossed her face then she said , " Oh my goodness what's happened to you , you look wonderful !" With that she gave me a hug and wouldn't let go for some minutes , I will add that lady was a strict woman who was also a JP and no way would she have hugged me like that in male mode , so I have to say that was a very special moment for me after all the years that had passed .

I have so many from being called ma'am in boy mode to you look gorgeous today. But I think my favorite one was when I was moving into my current place earlier this year.i had hung some clothes up in the garage to get them out quicker and sort through them before going into the closet. A high-school student walking home came over and said those are some nice clothes are you selling them? I told her not at this time but possibly some a little later. I have not got to have the yard sale yet but maybe some day.

The most memorable thing for me was

A friends wife told me a dress I was wearing really looked good on me
    She liked the dress and how it looked on me.

I have had other compliments on how things looked on me.
    that really makes me feel good,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

When I was eighteen my girlfriends in the group said "as a boy you are a disaster but when dressed up you are a real killer, we think you should date boys instead, we will help you do that."

Gee did that make up my mind, I gave up being a boy there and then. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't remember it all exactly but it started out "You have the right to remain silent, blah, blah, blah" My mind wandered after that. Concerning CDing it was when my wife upon seeing me dressed the first time said something to the effect of "OMG, what have I gotten myself into?"

"Believe in none of what you hear and only half of what you see"
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    One that springs to mind was actually said to my wife, about me by a mutual friend - "I've always thought there was something unusual about the way [my nickname] walked. Now, having seen him in a skirt, it all seems to make sense".

One I think will stay with me a long time was just last week after I had announced to my Facebook friends that I am non binary. One of my nieces on my wife's side of the family told me she found my announcement inspiring and that she was proud to have me as a part of her family. So sweet!

Another one of these memorable moments was when I was coming out and word was spreading faster than i wanted it to, in that i wanted people to get the story from the horses mouth rather than a distorted third hand version.
    I visited some expat friends and the husband was out at work so nevertheless i was invited in and over a cool glass of beer (it was another hot day) I explained everything, why how and when it all began, at the end of this S said me "Bob you are heck of a guy" we are of course still good friends.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman