I took a big step today. I went out just after noon fully dressed, and wearing make-up. I've never done this before. I've been out in the car in the evening and gone shopping at the supermarket, but never during the day.

I made the decision to go and get some groceries from a local mini market. I will admit, wearing the mask helped, but I had spent time ensuring my make-up was on point.

From parking the car to entering the store, there were a handful of people around. Nobody looked twice or if they "made" me, they just went on with their business. The same thing happened in the store.
I grabbed what I needed, paid the cashier, and left without incident.

A few doors away there's a charity (thrift) shop - I went in and browsed the women's clothing, and purchased two new tops. The lady at the counter looked at me and smiled, and she said "those will look good on you".

I'm sure she knew I was CD, but she didn't care, and was ever so pleasant.

I returned home with a new found confidence. It's surprised me how easy it was, to walk with a positive stride and just act normal (I wasn't nervous), and it's opened a door to me that I have wanted to walk through for a while.

I'm feeling really good tonight!