Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only Dressing to go Out?

I dress sometimes to go out, but most nights like this I just dress to be me. I enjoy the process of accepting myself when I have the opportunity to do so, even if nobody else is around to see it.

I am lucky in that even though I am in the closet, in a DADT relationship, I am able to dress feminine and go out or stay home if I choose as my spouse works and I am retired.
    I am a homemaker and like today, I like being contoured and shaped in lingerie and usually will wear a stretchy blouse, pleated or pencil skirt and flats while cleaning, doing laundry, or just lounging. Like how I am dressed in my avatar. If I have to go grocery shopping it's prepin at least 40 minutes to look presentable with make up and jewelry.
    It all comes off at 3pm or before and it's back to Husband first...so somedays I feel girly and other days, guy mode with silky cami, braette, and panties or shaper under guy clothes is fine. I usually wear some sort of lingerie all day, when I feel I can.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Reality Check
    I wake up nearly every morning and put on my boobs, hip and butt padding and wig. I'll shave and put on beard cover and a bit of lipstick. And of course something from my women's side of the closet. Then I'll do whatever needs to be done. Laundry, cooking, pay bills, etc. I don't have the opportunity to "go out" very often but when I do, I'll do a better job on my makeup.

So to answer the question, I dress to lounge around the house as well as to go out.
    Krisi

I dress every day.
    The only thing that changes is perhaps the outfit and the extent of my makeup. If I'm going public I'll do more than just some mascara, liner and lipstick.
    Definitely I prefer dressing about the house rather than being drab.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Even when I go out to the Girls Night Out where I go more femme than usual it still only maybe 10 minutes to get ready since I don't do makeup or padding or anything too intensive.

Most of the time I just throw on a dress or skirt with shirt and a piece of jewelry and ready for the day.

For me it is the opposite of only wearing pants / shorts for certain outings. I think in the last 2 months I have spent a total of a couple hours in pants / shorts. I find skirts and dresses way more comfortable.

It's that everyone is different, they have different living situations, obligations.

For me things are always changing.

Currently I will only get dressed when I leave the house. I actually limit my trips because I don't feel like fixing my hair and makeup.

On top of that I never leave my room. So I'm ether in shorts and tank top or a nightgown.

But than my world is up side down and backwards. I moved back to my home town. So when I go anywhere there is a chance I may see one of my friends, or someone will see me. So I always try and look my best.

I was going to say just like any woman would, but my best friend comes to mind. That crazy girl would go to the corner store in her PJs.

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    Apparently he doesn't have dysphoria to the point where he feels the need to lounge around the house in a dress.
    Char, your comment about gender dysphoria is interesting. I only dress at home and by myself (and for myself, no wife involved nor pictures posted), and consider to not have much gender dysphoria. However if I was to change that and feel the need to go out, which I understand as a need to be seen as, and interacting as, a woman to some extent, I would actually translate this as an increase in gender dysphoria. Just a thought, and not saying this applies to your husband or anyone else, but I was amused to see someone making the exact opposite reasoning.

I love dressing all the time.
    I do not need to dress sexy and such but feminine clothing

For me I dress in male clothing only when I want to hide my feminine side

For many of us, there is quite a bit of work that goes into making the presentation that we wish. Therefore, spending that much time simply to stay home makes no sense. That said, it doesn't mean we don't find small ways to be ourselves when we are home.

For me personally, getting dressed means nothing if I am not seen by the public, the mainstream general public, by as many people as possible. Just today I got dressed, went to get my (male) hair cut (wig off, hair cut, wig replaced), stopped at two consignment stores (I exchanged Christmas gifts at both of my first two stops) and did some other shopping.

We are all snowflakes, each one of us do this differently.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Stephanie47, [ I hear you about aging. And at six foot six and 260, i stick out like a scarecrow in a garden, so almost nover would go out now, wspecially in the midwest smal ltown area i am in now.[/I]

Banned Read only
    Kandi,
    I found that the easiest way to get my male hair cut , although it always raises a few eyebrows . The stylist who owns the shop is Lithuanian but she soon accepted the arrangememnt even if her English isn't perfect , the problem was she hadn't told her husband the arrangement , he offered me a coffee and never saw him again .

I used to be exclusively get dressed to go out. But this year with nothing fun to do I only go out for a bit and then come back and spend the rest of the day with the wife which always ends up being very entertaining.

Count me among those who only dress occasionally while at home. Like others, I'd never pass nor do I want to. For me, I find the occasional feminine garb to be enjoyable, fun and relaxing. As someone else said, we are all on a spectrum of acceptance by both ourselves and others as well as having our on interest and comfort levels.

Lacy PJs

For a couple decades I was perfectly content with dressing at home and lounging around the house. But, after my first time out it totally lost its appeal. I remember doing it a few months after my first time and thinking, okay this is not so interesting anymore. I kinda thrive on interacting with people and the world. Sitting at home has none of that. On the other hand, a lot of the activities Julie does, I have little interest in doing in boy mode. In fact, when I am out and about doing something fun, I kinda wish Julie was there instead because she would be having a much better time. In boy mode I?m perfectly happy being a homebody watching tv or reading a book. It?s almost like two different people with totally different interests.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Once it became a daily thing for me. I don't "dress" at home any more. I come home, off gos the bra, undo the tuck, and off comes the makeup. Slip in to some thing comfortable, and enjoy what free time I have.

The only way I have makeup on after being out. Is if I'm working on a new look. Makeup is not cheap, and I'm not wasting it just to sit at home.

I dress up, occasionally entertain my guy, then after he leaves, definitely step out and run errands or go to a show. Or we go to a show together .Or we spend an afternoon playing with milady (who prefers I wear a bit less warpaint than I usually do). Often I'll run into the city and spend a day in the shops, hardware stores ect Just another version of a much uglier human.
    shae5524.jpg
    Last edited by Di; 12-15-2020 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Check the rules
    Have fun,
    Shae

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I only dress up nowadays to either make YouTube videos, take pictures, and/or go out (mainly to do stand-up).
    My last pre-covid outing was to The Mix in Tacoma (can find the old thread) to watch the Drag-Show and do karaoke in my favorite Rocky Horror Show ensemble (green wig and yellow heels).
    And I already had secured a spot to stand-up at the Tacoma Comedy Club in March, obviously covid prevented that, but it wasn't the end of the world.
    Since covid I've only been to the mall once as Velma.
    I definitely cannot wait for entertainment venues to open again!

I'm not much for just lounging around as Alice, but to each their own.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Heather loves heels Heather2die4's Avatar
    As can be seen in the range of responses, it's an individual choice and we all find our own flavor. I love to go out en femme or in hybrid mode, and I also love to be around the house while cross dressed. In public, I'm always dressed to the nines but around the house, it's often more casual. Sometimes just a wig, breast forms and yoga wear. I start my day with at least 30 minutes of yoga and generally stay dressed because it feels so good. Housework, cooking, and just everything is more fun when dressed as a girl. If a package arrives or someone is at the door, I have no problem answering it in girl mode. Feels so naughty and delicious.