Thread: Universe update

Universe update

I went to the company party last night and had a wonderful time.

I was to RSVP if I was going by the 27th. I didn't because I decided I wasn't going.

I was pulled over in my company truck looking up an address for the next job when I got the call. It was the owner's son who is my new boss now as he's taking over the company. He wanted to know if I was going.He was putting together a headcount and also he was going to get me a room as the people from our office have to travel an hour to the party.

This is a conversation I was trying to avoid. I have literally no time I have to decide now. If I say I'm not going I have to explain why if I say I'm going I have to ask permission to be me which is something I never do. I'm out but he doesn't know me.

I don't remember my exact words but I told him that if I was to go I would be wearing a dress. That in my life I represent female, that I only represent male when I work for the company. He said he wasn't aware of this but that if I would feel comfortable coming that they would still love to have me there. I assured him that I would be completely comfortable and that I would attend.

It was a gathering of 15, I was the only one without an SO. as far as the virus goes this is a small company if one of us gets it the whole company gets locked down. We are an essential company and have not stopped working for even one day.

The party was set at a beautiful house that they just completed, with a view of the city it's set up for entertaining. The party was catered the caterer just had one server there it was just beautiful.

they had a white elephant gift exchange which was a lot of fun

Everyone at the party was absolutely wonderful. I had the best time things couldn't have gone any better. Naturally I spent most of my time talking to the women, some of them I met for the first time.

Like one of the wives from our office. We have never met before, her best friend is a close friend of mine, and manages the bar.She is a little overweight and I can tell she's self-conscious and not happy with her outfit. She told me her husband wanted her to wear it. The outfit is too tight for her body type. The pencil skirt okay but the top should have been looser fitting. She's having a problem with her bra and she tells me. She's trying to adjust it so I make a step to forward and to my left to shield her. I'm facing the room. I also told her that she was beautiful and she looked just fine.

So there was more of this kind of stuff talking about shoes and stuff.

I wore my red maxi dress that I pictured before. It was the absolute perfect choice. I looked great and I did not outshine the hostess.

I picked up my purse and was waiting the opportunity to tell the hostess goodbye. I told her she had a beautiful home and thank her for inviting me. I don't remember her exact words, she said, she thanked me for coming and that they were happy that I was
    comfortable enough to come as myself.

So now I'm happy and crying for another reason.

Sounds like it worked out just fine, if not great! How will this affect how you present yourself at work? Perhaps the female version of you will be showing up at work?

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    After your deliberations I'm so glad you made the right choice , great story .

So now how does Jean fit in with work ?

Very glad for your happy evening
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 12-06-2020 at 12:02 PM.

It really will not change at work for me. I wear the exact same clothes I would wear if I was representing female. All the clothes I wear are women's and I wear a sports bra I would do the same if I was representing female. So my guy mode at work is pretty girly.

But that's on the surface. The phone call was on a Monday and the party was a following Saturday so they had a few days to think about everything. Still all in all I could tell everyone was at ease, and there was absolutely no problems.

What did happen was I got to meet my new boss's wife. So meeting her for the first time in a dress, it's just priceless. I don't know other way to describe it. This is something that happens when your world flips.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    So happy you could be yourself and it worked out.

Jean, I am happy for you. Glad it worked out so well.

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    So pleased for you, Jean. Seems you have a wonderful boss, colleagues and of course the boss's wife.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like someone's feeling emotional!

Great post, Jean. Glad u had such a memorable evening!

I read so many posts about "Owning it" here. I would suggest all those posters read this one of yours to find out what owning it REALLY means!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Bravo! Bravo! Yeah, good for you! Glad it all worked out so well! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thanks for such an uplifting post, and congratulations on having the courage to be who you are.

Hi Jean,

That is great news about having a wonderful time at the Party!

Marion

Jean very happy for you, what a great way to start the holiday season. Connie

Hi Jean, Sorry I am late to this thread.
    I am so happy you went to the party and that everything worked out perfectly. When you first started talking about going I knew that you absolutely could do it. Your positive attitude goes a long way. Congrats
    Crissy

Silver Member
    Jean,

I am happy everything went so well, and as I said before, the universe wasn't slapping you, it was giving you a gift. Unless that's a high five slap!

Banned Read only
    Lovely experience. Thanks for sharing. I did go back to December 2018 and located the red maxi dress. It's lovely and a great choice.

You see? what had you to worry about! its all done and dusted, you had a fabulous time and everybody was very nice towards you. I think another page has been turned adding to your confidence with being amongst people that you had never met before and getting accepted so readily.
    I think you nailed it good and proper, well done you !!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Silver Member
    Good for you. I'm happy it worked out in such a positive way. It sounds like this was just the proverbial "push off the dock" you needed, and it went perfectly. My experience has been that it was harder to show my true self at work than in the general public, probably because there's more at stake at work. Maybe it was the same for you? But now that the hardest hurdle is behind you, everything will be easier and more fun.

Wonderful Jean. I'm glad everything worked out. Thanks for sharing.