Thread: What did I do with it...?

What did I do with it...?

I'm one of the guys that when I am in regular drab mode, I always carry a pocket knife. The one of choice is of a good quality and slides into my back pocket and has a clip to hold it in place providing easy access when needed.
    So, the other day I had a chance to spend a few hours as Molly. When I got dressed and ready to go out I transferred my stuff to my femme wallet and purse and headed out. After some time in the shops and having lunch, a pleasurable day, I went home and got changed and cleaned up, put all my stuff away before the wife or anybody got home.
    The next day I couldn't find my pocket knife. Looked everywhere I might have left it and was afraid I had lost it.

It was about three days later I was still trying to figure out where I might have left and it dawned on me and I said out loud, "I left it in my purse!" I was a little surprised, guess I'm not really accustomed referring to "my purse" while in guy mode. I don't normally put my knife in my purse but did for some strange reason.

I guess its just honest reality that as much as I need and desire the femme side of live, there is still a guy in there somewhere. But, the knife was recovered it and all is well.

Molly

Yup, me too. I couldn't find my wallet the other day; finally realized it was in my purse.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Molly, I've lost so many quality, costly, pocket knives at airports, sports arenas, court houses, etc? That I switched to 99 Cents store pockets knives.

Of course, they don't last long. But with me? NO pocket knife lasts long! Now, when they take these away, who cares?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I do not have a purse.... I want to buy a purse now....

Rachel

I so wish I could totally separate my guy side from my girl side in respect to what I have to carry around.
    I am pretty close to doing so, I suppose.
    I also carry several items with me in both modes and that includes a butane pocket lighter, pocket knife, nail clippers(I seem to chip a nail at the worst times) personal account Debit card, State ID, handkerchief, and cash.
    I have found the State ID, my personal account Debit card and extra cash are items I have to transfer from my guy wallet to my girly pocketbook.
    Then, I have to remember to transfer back those things, when femme time ends.
    So you have me really thinking I could do this....

This way, I can keep a pink girly lighter, a girl pocket knife, clippers, a lacey floral hanky in my purse allowing me to have those things in feminine styles!
    I suppose if I get a State ID as my girly self, I can get a second personal account debit card with Candy Kowal on the card too.
    Maybe something I should look into.
    I am in the closet with my wife so my personal bank account allows me freedom to buy feminine things without my wife seeing my transactions.
    Guess I have to wait for the state to open up the DMV so I can get a girly ID....
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

In girl mode, I usually keep my phone in my handbag. One time, in the car, just before going home, I went to transfer my phone from my handbag to my pocket, but it wasn't in either my handbag or my pocket. I looked around to see if it fell out, but I couldn't find it.

Being an engineer, I tried another way to find it. Since the phone is linked to my car, I just tried to make a phone call. If it worked, it would mean that the phone was in my car, and I could look for it tomorrow in the daylight. It worked, so I was happy.

But then I got worried again. I drove my car out of Bluetooth range, and tried again. It didn't work. That meant that the phone had fallen out of my car, right near where I originally parked. So, I drove back and found the phone under where my car had been. I don't know how I didn't run it over when I backed out.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

You know, the lack of pockets in women's clothes is disconcerting and really one of the things i really look for in clothes anymore.

I regularly dress in tights and stuff even when i'm not going full monty and good god just trying to remember "what wallet is in what jacket pocket" and "where did my keys go" haunt me continually when i'm not packing a purse.
    The world is falling apart and ppl are like "EHRMYGAWD is that a man with fingernail polish on?"

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    This has happened to me several times. My knife, my wallet (i usually transfer my cards to my femme wallet), my keys. Always found in the purse, sometimes by the wife.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Carry a purse all the time? (which is my strategy)

silly question - why carry a knife?
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

While going for my walks at night dressed up at and around my hotel I keep my drivers license in my jeans or my little denim skirt pocket. I drove all the way home the next day not realizing it was packed away in my girly bag and not in my guy wallet. I had to sneak out to the garage to fish it out the next morning before going to work. Luckily I was not stopped on the way home for anything...
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    My thoughts also but perhaps it's because in the UK carrying a bladed item over more that a couple of inches long is a criminal offence.

As for the thread, it's clothes I loose track of. I put some waist shapers somewhere safe and then after some months later having searched high and low found them purely by accident in an old holdal in the garage.

Hi,
    In both modes , glasses-sitting at the workbench or doing a job i can not find my glasses. That is untill i scratch my head in puzzlement............
    Knives, i carry a "leatherman micro "it has a knife of about 2inches long, thats the max you are allowed to have but i understand in Scotland no knives is the law.
    Liz

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Even in guy mode, before I go out the door it looks like I'm doing 'Hey Macarena'. Glasses? Keys? Wallet? Mask? Worse when I'm dressed, and my purses all seem to contain secret hidden compartments. But they are so worth it...
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Molly, that happens to me from time to time..... CRS will hit and I can't remember where I put something! LOL CRS= Can't Remember SQUAT! ROFL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Being 24/7 transwoman, I carry a purse any time I leave the house! I have felt loss because there was nothing in my pants pockets! Nothing missing but it is in my purse! We(I) are such creatures of habit! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Reality Check
    I have been around since FDR was President and I have never felt the need to carry a knife with me except when I was working and wore a tool pouch which included a knife.

But, if you are in a situation where you might need a knife, that's fine with me (but not with the TSA).

I have not yet forgotten and left stuff in my purse.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by adelinapa View Post
    You know, the lack of pockets in women's clothes is disconcerting and really one of the things i really look for in clothes anymore.
    My twenty year old granddaughter buys her jeans at thrifts store in the young men's department because they are cheaper than women's clothing, and, the young men's pants fit her better. For comfort she also buys flannel shirts in the men's department. She has her blond hair tinted a pretty shade of blue. Always great makeup. Does wearing jeans and flannel shirts make her a cross dresser? No mistake looking at her, she is all young woman.

In case I need to "cut the cheese"
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I stopped carrying a pocket knife in my pocket years ago. I've found that when I need one, I can usually get to one quickly. In guy mode, without a purse, I've been trying to reduce the amount of stuff in my pockets as much as possible.
    However, I have, on more than one occasion, been hunting for something, and have to smile when I realize that I left it in my purse.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    My thoughts also but perhaps it's because in the UK carrying a bladed item over more that a couple of inches long is a criminal offence.
    It's really amazing how much things have changed. I've had a pocket knife since I was a young boy. It had a knife, can opener, bottle opener and a punch. Every boy had one; it was a tool, not a weapon. I often wonder if I ever took it to school. In today's world, taking that tool to school would be automatic suspension.

Kind of funny about you brits. My state (in the US) has an open carry law. Can't say more, without running afoul of the forum rules. Google it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.