Thread: Something in the way they smiled ...

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar

Something in the way they smiled ...

I've recently started wearing femme tops when out walking the dogs in the fields, as a small step towards being more visible in my dressing. (I'm an at home only girl at the moment).

Today I was wearing a more noticeably femme top - pale pink square cut neck with white and grey flower print, possibly with bra straps visible, definitely with pink necklace showing.

First we met and talked to a husband, wife and dog we've met a few times before and just chatted as normal. I don't think they noticed my clothing ... but as we parted their daughter, early twenties maybe, gave me one of the biggest brightest smiles. I'm pretty sure she had noticed - attractive young women do not normally smile at me like that!

Later on we passed a thirty-ish guy and his dog, not seen him before, and gave him a cheery "Hi there!". Again I got a smile that I generally do not get from fellow dog walkers - I think he had also noticed.

Feeling quite pleased with that I must say. And looking forward to more femme doggy walking.

way to go

Banned Read only
    Amalou,
    Please belive me they do notice ! That is usually what the smile is about .

I must admit my underdressing stories were very funny at times mostly when I walked my dog . I got to the point where I had a skirt and Tshirt on with all my underwear and would slip off my male clothes when I thought it was safe to do so , the walk ran alongside a railway branch line, never busy at weekends . I was happily strolling along with my skirt swishing in the breeze when a packed rail special came by , I know all the eyes weren't on my dog ! On another occasion again thinking it was safe I had a bra and cami top on when I heard a horse galloping towards me , all I could say to the female rider was how hot it was and needed to shed some layers , she replied with a huge smile , " I can see that ! "

I'm sure you'll agree we owe so much to our dogs , I lost my Labrador called Lucy at the end of October but had started to walk with other dog walkers as Teresa , so I've kept that up and now walk for an hour every morning chatting to others , I will add I don't have any problems at all with them .

Amalou, It sounds like you are doing very nicely on your dog walking trips!

Teresa, Any plans on getting another pup?
    Crissy

Thanks for the replies girls.

Teresa, first I must say how sorry I am to hear of your loss of your Lucy. We've lost two of our cats in just over the last year. Non-pet owners just don't understand how painful the loss of a loved pet can be. Thanks though for your lovely dressing tales they definitely put a smile on my face.

The dogs really are a great way to get to chat with other people. Often we now have no idea of the names of the people we chat to they're just, for example, "Archie's mum and dad".

Crissy, Yes indeed things are going well on the dog walking. Today I wasn't feeling especially girly so chose a plain rust-coloured top, and no bra (shocking!). I guess although to me that is rather plain to others it will be obviously feminine with the square cut neck, lace trim and a necklace. So again today lots of lovely smiles from men and women.

Maybe there's a bit of a feedback loop going on? I'm more smiley because of what I'm wearing, other folks smile because they see my clothing and my big smile, which in turn makes me feel good and makes me smile even more!

Anyway, the nice reactions I've been getting have boosted my confidence so that I can now happily do chores in the garden while looking more femme - today for example topping up the bird feeders in the back and front gardens and wheeling the refuse bin to the kerbside ready for collection tomorrow.

Teeny tiny steps, perhaps, but even the longest journeys start with just a small step.

Banned Read only
    Crissy,
    I'm not rushing the decision , I'm waiting to see how 2021 shapes up so I can think about going on my travels again but this time as Teresa .

Amalou,
    It's the little things I miss like having Lucy run down my hallway to check out my shopping bags .

Our Zebedee cat was the most vocal cat I've ever known. He would meow meow almost constantly when walking around the house and god forbid if he could see a tiny part of the bottom of his food bowl. He just wouldn't shut up until one of us topped up the bowl with kitty kibble. Then when he was gone the house seemed terribly quiet for weeks. A lovely boy our Zebedee, he was everybody's friend. Ah I have some wonderful memories of him!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Wait- what? People actually notice when we're in guy-mode wearing clothing from the GG's side of the aisle?? Say it ain't so!

Yes, others oftentimes notice -- whether *you* notice them noticing or not.

And for the most part? As long as you're being fairly normal, and look fairly well put-together, well... Most don't really care one way or the other. Particularly if you & the other party engage in some sort of small-talk or social acknowledgement or whatever.

Do they sometimes find it a bit amusing in a light-hearted way? Unexpecting? Perhaps a little odd? Curious? Maybe.

But in the moment? They're usually okay with it, at face value. Afterwards, however, they may (or may not!) ponder their little sight-seeing experience.

Most of my dressing for the past several years, whether public or private, has been in guy-mode. And you better believe that plenty of GG's notice, even if it's simply some girly running shoes with shaved legs. Doesn't matter if your entire outfit is women's clothing, or you just mixed-&-matched to some degree or another.

Will people treat you differently? Sometimes, yes! But, especially with GG's, typically in a *positive* way.

Guys *may* be a different story, however. Avoidance, distance, no eye-contact, things of that nature, may be experienced. But, fair enough, as the GG's can oftentimes more than make up for that.

Anyway, keep on, keeping on, with the dressing in guy-mode. I definitely feel life can be more freeing & rewarding that way!

ellbee, thanks for the reply. And with humour too, most appreciated!

A little earlier today my wife unexpectedly asked me if I have been happier the last couple of weeks as she says I have been nicer to her, "less grumpy". Is it a coincidence this has happened in the time after I realised that non binary was a label that fits me well, announced on Facebook that I am non binary, and have been dressing a bit more?

I suspect not.

Silver Member
    I used to do walking with several women. I wore fem tops, sweaters, or sweat shirts. I always wore a bra. No one ever said anything, but it was obvious that they were bra straps that were showing. The funny part was that I went fishing with a couple of their husbands while wearing a top that showed my bra straps. I guess everyone knew what I wore.

In the past when under dressing I used to be a bit worried about my bra straps showing. Thinking back I don't remember anyone ever making any comments though.

I was out walking quite drab yesterday but there wasn't anyone else around anyway. It probably won't matter what I wear today - looks like we're in for rain all day so I'll be covered up in my big blue jacket.

Edit: It's now four days later and the weather is being very frustrating. Dark grey, almost constant rain and often very windy. One day the dogs point blank refused to go out for a walk even though they had their raincoats on. I was quite pleased about that as I wasn't too keen either.
    Last edited by Stevie Allyn; 12-14-2020 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Update