Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another two things

I guess if you must. It's a bit tricky as I don't think most handle it well.

2. I could never come up with one so I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Two more things I am curious about .

1) Would you welcome constructive Criticism?
    Diplomatic criticism could be nice. Even if I felt a little defensive, I think I'd appreciate it overall.

2) Do you have a middle name for your girl side?
    Bea is the phonetic of one of my male initials. I don't have a girl side. I see my taste as an extension of my maleness and not a diversion into femaleness.

Has taken a long time for to accept that any feedback is a gift.

I think Rose is the middle name I like best with Bridget

1) would I welcome constructive criticism?
    Yes, and no. I have been doing this for a long time. Do I know everything? No. But there are things I feel I need, and have to do, to feel comfortable in my presentation. Criticism or suggestions from actual friends I have here, and IRL, I take as helpful advice because they know me.
    Comments and messages from basically strangers... not so much.

2) I have no middle name. It was difficult enough coming up with the two names I have. Lol

1) I'd say constructive criticism can be very helpful, so long as it is delivered in a kind way! I'm definitely a beginner in terms of makeup and such, so pointers are always welcome.

2) Amelia Rose is more of a double first name, but Rose could easily be my middle name as well. I hadn't really thought about it haha.
    Never forget that life is short. Whatever you believe, there's no guarantee of tomorrow or a second chance, so live your life the way you want! Be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and let's make this world a little brighter together!

1.) I take all criticism with a grain of salt! It is welcome and I would consider/think about it! Then I would decide whether to take/use it or not!

2.) Mae is my middle name! It was my mother's as well!

I enjoy the two question thing! Keep it up!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Di,
    I've been through that situation but in the end it's up to the individual to decide how they want to look , going out everyday makes the difference to deciding how you look , I do get the odd tips now from the SA in Boots when I buy something new .

My middle name is John , I've not decided whether to adopt Joanna as a middle name perhaps I should as my initials are T J on my credit card and related items .

I don't criticize my wife and she doesn't criticize me. But we do make a lot of suggestions for each other. And they are considered and taken or not. I think it is all a part of being a couple.

My middle name is Marie. Of course that is for Gretchen. My male first and middle name is Mark Anthony which I have always disliked. At first I used a female name based on that, but that didn't last long. Didn't want to be reminded of my male name.

Constructive criticism is always welcomed by me.
    When you do criticize someone think about how you say what you wish to say. Read it twice before sending it or saying it and be sure it's not going to be seen as anything but helpful. I would never tell someone to NOT wear something, but phrase it that Perhaps this would be more flattering, or that would look nicer.

Middle name, yes of course. It's Claire.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I've welcomed and accepted true constructive criticism my entire life. I don't intend to stop now or at any time in the future.

Never really thought about a middle name.

Karen

Reality Check
    I have learned a lot from constructive criticism, but sometimes when I try to give it, I get grief from others about being "supportive" so I don't give it much any more.

"Krisi" is my name for here, no middle or last name. Years ago I had a different first name with a last name for a different site. If I could get my wife to call me by a feminine name, it would be a female variation of my male name and of course, my "real" last name.
    Krisi

I would wholeheartedly accept constructive criticism (I prefer the term feedback) anything to help me present a more feminine presentation, regardless if it concerns my appearance, clothing, demeanor, how I walk, talk, move or sit.

My wife named me Jill, I came up with the middle name Faith. So I'm Jillian Faith, Jill to my wife and friends.
    Jill

I would always welcome any kind of advice or thoughts that anyone had.

I do now. Raychel Lee.
    Middle name given by a good friend, I like it,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    Hi Di 1. I would welcome it,

2. I guess that Orchid would be a middle name,

When I joined this form I wanted a name that had no connection to
    anyone in my life Past or Present, I gave it a lot of thought and thought
    Blue is my favorite color & the Orchid is my favorite flower,

So on 12/21/2008, Blue Orchid Came to be, My 12th anniversary is in 2Weeks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid **OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thanks everyone joining in.
    I love reading your responses
    Keep them coming!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Constructive criticism has to be a good thing.

As for a middle name I have never given it a thought and probably never will.

Love constructive criticism, in some of my first pics I posted here I was told by some of you girls said I needed to smile more. I did and loved the results. So yes, absolutely!

My middle name is Christine, I don't post my real last name for obvious reasons. If (truly doubtful) I ever went down that road I'd keep my actual last name as I would be the same person, just different...
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

Criticism can sting - but it it's given with the intent to help, I'd welcome it. If it's just to point out my flaws, thanks but I'm all too aware that I'm not perfect.
    Unfortunately, all I've gotten from the Mrs. is things like "You'd make a really ugly woman" I want to say in my most sarcastic voice "Gee, honey? you Think so? I love you too!"

Lin is, of course, my middle. If I ever went full time, I might change the spelling, since it carries an (unearned) Asian flavor spelled this way.

1) Would you welcome constructive Criticism? Absolutely. I have taken criticism from my wife and a makeup artist.

2) Do you have a middle name for your girl side? No. Though my male middle name has a feminine version. I never considered it prior to your question.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

1. Yes, I'm open to criticism. I'm a work in process so every bit helps.

2. First and middle name only for me.

1. I always appreciate constructive criticism. It's welcome anytime, please. I do have a friend who will always tell me the truth but I sense she is not that into looking at my pics all the time.

2. No middle name here, in fact I would like to change my first name. It was chosen at a store when I was asked for my femme name. I said What? and had to come up with something fast.

A good question for discussion. In my own experience constructive criticism works best given 2 conditions: 1. It is explicitly requested, and 2. It is made with careful attention to the goals of the person being criticized not the goals of the critic. Without these prerequisites I find it often fails.

Vale

1) Overall I like constructive criticism but sometimes I don't take it well when it is hard to tell if they are sincere or not since I was made fun of a lot as a kid so I am on edge that it just could be a joke or someone being mean.
    2) No, but when thinking about changing my feminine name the new one was based on a feminine version of my birth middle name (since the new first name was a play on my birth first name).

Hi Di,

1) Yes, please and thanks! I'm at the point where I've decided I really want to go out into the world. Part of my reason for joining the site was to try to improve my look, with the goal of blending as much as possible. So, anything that helps there is very much appreciated. And if I ever say anything completely stupid or offensive, I'd really appreciate someone pointing it out - preferable kindly, as it would certainly be unintentional!

2) I haven't thought of a middle name. I guess I'll need to come up with a last name first, then see what works. Hmm...

Dana

1) Sure! :hypocritesmile: No, seriously, fire at will, I know it will be done with the best intentions.

2) My female alter ego doesn't have one, but if I had to choose one? Probably Diane Ann-Deirdre Thompson