Thread: Anybody else keep a diary/journal/blog about their CDing?

Anybody else keep a diary/journal/blog about their CDing?

I've never been one to keep a diary, but a few months ago, I began a (private) blog about my crossdressing. I wasn't expecting to make many posts, and I wondered if I could even manage a couple of posts a month.
    Seems I don't know myself! I'm making several entries a week so far. Just thoughts and feelings, but also what (fem) things I bought and where. What I wore when I went out, or stayed home. Plus, the ability to add a few pics is nice.

Anybody else do the same?

I do. It's wonderful. I keep an old-fashioned black and white marble copybook. For the last 3 years I've been keeping records of my thoughts, hopes, dreams, successes and failures. It's fun to go back and see what I was thinking a year or more ago and comparing where I am with where I hoped or expected to be. Keep it up! Andrea from a couple years from now will thank you!
    -Jen

Yes Andrea. Like you I have a blog also and started it a few years ago on Google.
    In it I also talk about my thoughts, feelings, clothes, makeup and my dating experiences. At first it was slow going, but now I have about 70 followers and the stats show thousands have read it. I feel it helps me get my feelings out, even if it's the internet, but I have even made a few friends on it.

Yep, me to, a good old fashioned paper diary.

I started so years ago when I first started going out enfemme during a weeks holiday. I found I had trouble remembering what days I did what. Things became a blur. Also I wanted to keep a record of my feeling and emotions as I started to venture out more and more. I've re-visited those little black note books several times and they provide a real window into my CD'ing journey.

I now write nearly daily into an ongoing diary. I find it helps anchor my dressing and although I'm on this site usually two or three times a day I find sharing my thoughts and activities with myself is a good way to keep track of just what the time I get to dress means to that part of me that is Helen.

For anyone starting out I recommend keeping a diary and use it to write down your honest thoughts and also your desires as a way of measuring your journey.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

My hubby did a blog for a while, it was very good and well written. However, he found it quite time consuming and eventually got bored and tired of it.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-08-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Banned Read only
    I honestly can say that I have never felt the need to write down things that I didn't want anyone to read.

Seems contraindicated to me...

I have kept a digital journal for years. I think this is safer than a hard copy journal that might get misplaced or found and read for curiosity sake. When my dressing was more active than it is at the moment, (covid togetherness) I was adding regularly, now les frequently. It has been interesting to go back and see how my views have changed over the years.

I don't exactly keep a journal but I have two different things. I have an autobiography that does not include Janet. Then I have password protected Word document that Janet plays in. Most of the wording I wouldn't want anyone to read.

No but I wish I had taken more pictures and/or videos at the clubs I have been to over the last few years. I do have some on my phone which I reminisce with. I daydream about the good times I have had while going out dressed up. It was a lot of fun. Maybe things will return to normal at some point.

Sandi

I've actually been thinking about starting a blog or something similar myself!
    Never forget that life is short. Whatever you believe, there's no guarantee of tomorrow or a second chance, so live your life the way you want! Be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and let's make this world a little brighter together!

I started an informal journal years before i started dressing. It was just a spiral notebook that I'd scribbled some random thoughts into. My wife found the notebook, read an entry very much out of context, and started what ended up being 6 or 7 years of crisis. Some of the residual issues from those times still haunt our marriage. I'd never put anything down on paper that I wouldn't want published.

Shortly after the drama started, I found a digital journal that is very functional and password protected. Since I started this electronic journal before I started dressing, my whole journey from my first experiment with panties, has been included. My style and it's effects on my marriage has been one of the main subjects since then. I even post photos into the journal and they're encrypted into the journal itself and not in separate image files. I highly recommend the software (http://www.davidrm.com/tjdownload/).

I actually just started seeing a gender therapist. Today was my second appointment and she is asking me to write thoughts on our sessions. We’ll see if it leads to any actual journaling.

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    I have a selfie blog on Tumblr lol. But it's interesting to see my progression or maybe aging!🤔
    She's figured out all her doubts were someone else's point of view (She greenday)

Does keeping an archive of thousands of Danielle photos and videos going back to the 90's count as a diary/journal/blog?

Similar to Danielle, I have an archive of photos kept on a flash drive in a private file. A regular diary has a tendency to be found, and I have enough to think about right now.

I've considered doing one digitally (hate my hand writing) but I can't ever seem to get around to getting started.
    The other reason is when I do write something and then reread it it just seems boring.

Guess I'm just no J.K after all...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Reality Check
    That will be good for your wife in divorce court!

No, I do not keep a cross dressing journal.
    Krisi

I write in a journal while I'm at work (waiting for loading / unloading usually), in which I pour a stream of consciousness on every issue, including crossdressing. This is for my eyes only, and old journal books are stuffed away, ostensibly to be reviewed long after I've left this life.

I also keep a blog, which is more specific to crossdressing, adventures, highs and lows, clothing reviews, etc. It doesn't get many views, but it's very cathartic for me.
    It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com

I keep a journal of sorts, more like notes of significant thoughts and events, along with a pictorial history going back about twenty years. I use the open source program Vera Crypt that has been mentioned on here and also used its predecessor True Crypt. I back up the encrypted container file as I would any other files that I want to preserve. The user and password are kept between my ears and the program encryption is said to be military level. I give it two thumbs up for anyone reasonably comfortable with computers. Nobody will ever see your journal if that is your desire to keep a private record.

I don?t make journal entries every day but only for significant events in my crossdressing life. I believe there are now over forty entries along with amendments and revisions. My living involved forty years working with truck and rail tariffs so that is where the idea of amendments and revisions came from. I admit to being a bit of a nerd when it comes to organizing and record keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    My hubby did a blog for a while, it was very good and well written. However, he found it quite time consuming and eventually got bored and tired of it.
    Your husbands blog sounds like mine as I got bored with it and haven't posted much on it for a while...but I still try.
    I am on Wordpress, just look for my full name, I have a profile page explaining how I was raised and a bit about my lifes journey.
    I also have cyber links to places I go and visit in the Chicago metro area along with internet sites I visit.
    I do like the site for storing my pictures too, better than paying a fee for Flickr or Photobucket.

I have also made a picture book explaining my pictures, my desires, and why I continue to be in the closet with everyone in my male circles.
    I keep the book in fake ductwork with all my feminine clothes as the Navy taught me to properly fold and store clothes with few wrinkles.
    It defines why the clothes, hidden things, and my feminine upbringing.
    I can also confess on my death bed and asked to be buried in a outfit already for me, in beautiful black lace and silk.
    Sounds a bit odd but you have to plan for these things...because ya never know.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I started one just before I started with my councilor! I am on my second spiral notebook and almost ready to start a third! I, of course, share it with my councilor! Being a transwoman and widower there is no one who would be surprised by it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Great thread. I’m glad to see so many CDers have blogs/journals.
    I started my own site as well. Work had kept me away from it for a while, but I do like doing it. if it happens to help someone, it would be very fulfilling for me.
    I also write in a traditional paper journal, with my purple ink pens. Sometimes I use my iPad as well.

over the years, I've started several diaries. After a a few days, the entries get thinner and thinner - eventually stopping altogether.
    Then the diary gets either lost of stuck in storage somewhere. So If I want to start back up I need to start another book.
    All in all, I haven't done anything in years - - - unless my postings in here count???

No. The closest documentation of my CD journey is I started posting regularly on instagram in October so I could document my outfits and get used to seeing myself in a better light. A few of my friends now follow it so it is nice when the like a post

Ah-May-Lee
    I use to keep a diary of the nightclubs I went to and the people I met or talked to. Also I rated each club with a star system on how good a night I had. Also a diary comes in handy when the police want to question one about where they were on a certain date. It will be in the diary.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron