Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regretting HRT?

Never never never regret it! I have been on HRT for 3 years now. The physical changes have not been dramatic, but the dysphoria is now at a manageable level. My therapist calls it being at a plateau. I can no longer go without a shirt due to breast development, but I am glad that happened. As many have said, my only regret is not starting sooner!

Reality Check
    My male life up to this point. Has been a major let down.
    Well, I hope it works out for you, but I think there is a real danger in thinking that everything will turn around just because you have breasts and a vagina.

Life is what you make it and if there aren't other major changes, I don't see your life improving by a lot. Living as a female when you were born a male has a lot of of problems and these will add to any problems you already have.

Best of luck though.
    Krisi

My issue was family, and me sacrificing my own happiness for them. They all had my life planned out, and if it wasn't going their way. The would complain to me about it. They all hoped I would be married, have kids, and be management at my job etc by now. Well none of that is what I ever wanted.

I blew up last spring about this finally to family. Because they were still pressing me to start a family at 34, and kissing butt at my job, so I could move up. Problem is I don't kiss butt, and no way at 34. Was I willing to be a father.

Since then. I have been working on my own personal goals, and hormones was on that list. I'm aware that my life might not be better, but with out being pulled million different directions. All of which I didn't want. It cant get munch worst.