Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depressed After Undressing?

Depressed After Undressing?

Does anyone else feel depressed when they switch back to guy mode? At night, when I wash off my makeup and put my male pjs on, I just feel down. I wish I could sleep as Gwen. Is that weird to say?

It?s not weird at all to feel this way. For those of us who don?t live femme full time I think this is rather common. I know I definitely feel this way when it?s time to make the change back to boring boy mode.

I wish that I could go to bed in women's nightgown. My wife will have not part of it. So to come as close as possible I switched to men's night shirts. Basically a night gown for men. My wife accepted that.

Funny that was my one respite from being macho all day, soft panties and a nylon tricot nightgown. But now it's Lisa 24/7.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Ive been feeling depressed lately because my girlfriends brother is living with us right now and i cant dress like i did before

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

Gwen, I do not think so. I usually say goodbye to Natalie when I change back to male mode. But look at the bright side. You had a good day, right?
    Last edited by Natalie5004; 12-09-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Since I live alone right now, I dress every day but don't do makeup every day. I work form home. . I stay dressed until bed. I don't wear anything to sleep in so that is not an issue. Dressing definitely relaxes me, I feel "normal". If you know what I mean!!

Right now I'm in a DADT so it's pretty much underdressing for me. But even so, I know what you mean. It can be depressing sometimes. Pretty normal experience from what I can see.

I find a ritual I do to help break the mood. Like, right now, I'm dressed and very comfortable. If I just revel in that feeling, I would not feel right changing back, and would feel depressed. One thing I do that helps is that I look in a good mirror and take off the mask and the wig (leaving on the eye make up) and feel a little repulsed at what is left. No problem changing back then. I do have to change back now, and lose that feeling, but I have a good evening ahead and can enjoy it.

I find it to be a complete bummer to say goodbye to Zoey especially after a full day out.

It's always depressing to change out of fem mode to drab.
    My wife has accepted my sleeping in a pair of women's PJs. It's nice to wake up in something that looks nice.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I believe that's one of the big differences between CD's and trans, Gwen? Most times? After a long nite out or taxing photo shoot?

I can't wait to get all my female gear off!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I have and always will feel a bit down when I have to switch back to drab. Happily that is not a bed time issue. But it's pretty normal to feel a bit down changing into drab. Be it the fantasy has to go on hold or your real life has to go on hold. But that is another topic.

Whenever I change back to guy mode, it is never fun. If you can do anything to keep a tiny part of that feminine persona with you in guy mode, I suggest you go for it. It does help with the feminine withdrawals, a lot of us experience.

In my DADT situation, I have been working on my wives acceptance on several things that allow me to be feminine 24/7 is small ways. Maybe some of the examples I suggest below might enable you to apply it to your own situation!?!?!

I can grow my fingernails long and paint them in a shiny gloss clear nail polish. My excuse is to keep from biting them, nasty habit I cured!
    She knows I have a dry skin condition inherited by my Mother. I can wear polyester camisoles/short full slips, satin full cut panties and use feminine smelling moisturizing creams. I also epulate all the hair on my legs and arms and keep most of my skin hair free, do to my itchy skin condition.
    Because I have a slight hernia condition, I now have that excuse to wear girdles and panty shapers. My wife know I have C cup breasts but I've been a bit of a sissy to bring up bras yet.
    I have several polyester unisex blouses I wear and guys polyester golfers short shorts in pastel colors during the summer. I also found a cute pair of unisex looking womens KEDs sneakers I wear with womens ankle socks.
    Now my wife just got a tattoo, her 4th one so I was thinking if she can get a tattoo on her thigh, I should be able to get my ears pierced...right?
    Mulling that one over....if you have a suggestion to get my wife accepting me wearing bras for my breasts, I'll take that advice under consideration!
    Another gift I get sometime is when my wife has knee pain, she will sleep in the recliner, allowing me to sleep in lingerie or my organza nighty.
    Just be careful in your own situation and take getting acceptance in small steps. You just might find those feminine withdrawals will not be as bad for you in the future!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

For a while I did feel pretty bad when I had to switch back to guy mode
    Now I have lived on my own for long enough,

I am pretty comfortable to be dressed when I can.

I have more of a problem with the loneliness and depression that comes along with living alone sometimes
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I wear pantyhose or tights under my male clothes but when I am not wearing them I feel depressed. Removing my body hair helps so I can always feel somewhat feminine.

Geez candykowal you can wear a cami, slip and satin panties around your wife not to mention epilate your arms & legs lucky girl! Also your sissy bra comment made me laugh.

Platinum Member
    Your bio pages says your wife encourages you to experiment? Does that mean no nightie? I am on the other end as relates to sleeping. My wife and I sleep apart for medical reasons; back issues rocking the mattress. Anyway, I do sleep in a floor length nylon gown, panty and sometimes a bra. Relaxing. There are plenty of women's nightgowns that are not overly feminine if that is an issue with your wife. As to washing of your makeup, I do not know any women who sleep in makeup.

Why can't you go to sleep as Gwen? If your wife excepts your dressing up she would want you two to get along as GF's?

Platinum Member
    Hi Gwen , After 74 years dressing I still hate to change back to Drab, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The second time I went to Keystone I had a huge depression on switching back to boy mode. I was at Keystone 4 days and 4 nights, all girl, all the time. When I came back I crashed into boy mode. I think that I was depressed for the whole week after returning. After that, I came up with some ways to make a soft landing. I stayed dressed for the ride home, and changed back into boy mode when I got close to home. I found a few places to shop (in girl mode) on the way home. I drove through a McDonald's drive thru to get some coffee. Those things helped me come down from girl mode to boy mode more slowly. I still got depressed when I got home (fully boy), but at least it only lasted a day or two, not a whole week.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Your bio pages says your wife encourages you to experiment? Does that mean no nightie? As to washing of your makeup, I do not know any women who sleep in makeup.
    She would totally let me do that, but when I wash off my makeup there's a man standing there. I know it's not good to sleep in makeup, I just don't want to feel like a man in a nightie.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli_S View Post
    Why can't you go to sleep as Gwen? If your wife excepts your dressing up she would want you two to get along as GF's?
    I would have to sleep in makeup and a wig to feel comfortable with it.

I have often felt this way. Very reluctant to "de-girl" at times

Gwen, I also feel somewhat depressed after returning to male mode. Every high has its corresponding low.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Gwen i would say dressing for sixty some years its still a big high but going back to that guy thing is ok i get so much more things done. Always tomorrow to look forward to.