Thread: Quadrupled the number of people i'm out to in the past two weeks

Banned Read only

Quadrupled the number of people i'm out to in the past two weeks

Admittedly it was only one person before, but that's still three new people that know about Charlotte, and it's so good to have 'her' becoming part of other peoples lives - maybe not physically, but on an emotional level she exists to them now. Except she doesn't, because she is me, and they have all been amazing and totally accepting that I am still the same person.

I've had all kinds of fears, and none of them have come to fruition.

The worlds a better place than I, and likely a lot of us, think it is. It's also far more accepting.

I can't say my responses will be the same for all members here, as I know the weighting of age ranges on here is heavily biased towards 10 and more years above my own age. Different generations will have different opinions.

I will however say that if you're feeling down, if you're struggling, then don't suffer in silence.

Thanks for sharing this, Charlotte. I have those fears you speak of, but your experience gives me hope.

<3

Platinum Member
    Hi Charlotte , That will show you who your real friends are, >Orchid **OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    Congratulations Charlotte!

I have found a surprising amount of support as I have come out as a CDer / non binary. I hope you have similar pleasant experiences as you tell more people who you really are.

Good on you, Charlotte, for accepting who you are and for sharing that with others. You're helping the world understand and accept all gender non-conforming people, even if it's only in a small sphere of influence. It all adds up to a more enlightened world. 😊

Charlotte,
    I was in my 60’s when started coming out, sharing my truth. While some of the people were your age or younger, most were around my age, all but one was fully supportive and accepting. Think it is more about the mindset and values of the people you share with than their age...we found a very liberal church (Unitarian) made friends there and it has been a great group of people to share with

It's great when you find a new ally when you come out to them! I'm still in the "early" era of coming out to friends - I started to seriously dress about 2 and a half years ago, and I only told one female friend, who I knew would be fine - she's my biggest supporter to this day.

I have pondered many times who I can tell, and I did tell 2 more friends last year, after asking leading questions, and they were also both very supportive and often ask how Jenny is doing.

Since my daylight journey outside in daylight last week, I've become a tad braver - I've left the house a few times this past week dressed, or taken stuff out to the recycling bins, and even put the bin out for collection yesterday.

I girled up the courage to come out to another female friend this week - she was receptive, and asked for pics. She loved them and started asking me why I hadn't told her before!

I wish I could be more "out", but with work, family, some of whom who are not open-minded enough to accept, I remain more closeted than out.

I don't know if there's a gender thing, out of the 4 people that know, 3 are women, and 1 is the most open-minded male friend I have ever met!

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    Age has little to do with coming out and acceptance , as we get older the situations we find ourselves are just different .

As the net gets wider it does get easier but there a couple of points to bear in mind , the first is coming out to people isn't the same as the reality of seeing you , what they expect to see and what is you actually look like are sometimes poles apart .

The other point is , being CD is important to you but not everyone shares that , they may not want to keep talking about it , I know how easy it is to fall into that trap .

The important point to you is you are gaining acceptance , it is a wonderful feeling , struggling in silence can be very destructive .

I know some members will ask why do they need to know ? My answer to that is because you're trying to establish your identity and you can't do that hidden in the closet .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-14-2020 at 11:45 AM.

How wonderful for you! I have a friend that had recently transformed from male to female and I've envied the transformation she's undergone. Part of me wants to confide in her about Leesa and have someone I trust know that I struggle as well. I'm so proud of her for making the transition and the acceptance she's received.

Reality Check
    So you have told four people that you are a crossdresser, but how many people have they told? Unless it's someone like your wife who has a reason to keep your secret, telling even one person is like telling the world.

And you can't "untell" anyone.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    So you have told four people that you are a crossdresser, but how many people have they told? Unless it's someone like your wife who has a reason to keep your secret, telling even one person is like telling the world.

And you can't "untell" anyone.
    This is absolutely true, as is "A secret ceases to be a secret as soon as two people know".

I do however have significant trust the people I have told - they are lifelong friends and have never been malicious in any way to myself or anybody else. They are just good people. They're the sort of people that have shared their biggest challenges and insecurities, and therefore I totally trust that they'll do the right thing.

What a great life
    There is a lot of people look at it's no big deal this is 2020.